Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Help! Need to find an MMORPG worth playing!

meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

OK, I'll admit I'm really hard to please, but can this generation of MMOs really suck this bad? It's been a few years and I've yet to find one I feel I can keep playing for more than a week. Suggestions Welcome.

Just so we can narrow the playing field (no pun intended!), here's what I've played and how I felt about the experience:

Ultima Onlne: Played for seven years, but Ninjas and the new client cannot save this game. RIP.

Everquest: Better than most on this list, but I really need a change.

Everquest II: Uh, this is not Everquest AT ALL. Huge dissappointment. Boring as hell.

Guid Wars: Vapid, mindless grind-fest.

Dark Age of Camelot: Another game boring as hell. Besides that fact that the music can actually put you into a coma...

World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online: I'm putting these two together because they are essentialy the same game. The classic quest/kill/craft/level cycle. These games are only good for mindless sheep and yuppies.

Eve Online: Interesting concept but geez, could you make this game move any slower?

BTW, the storylines in all of the games are inane, pieces of trash. Even LOTRO -- How they could have ruined that I'll never know!

[edit] BTW, these are not the only games I've played. Its just a sampling of the more popular ones to give you an idea why I hate the games out today. :-)

Comments

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Well I was in the same boat as you trying to find a good MMO to play because most MMO's today are just so dull. Age of Conan might be good but that has been pushed to the end of March of 2008. Then I found Hellgate London. It isn't exactly a mmo but actually a combo of a rpg/mmo . They will have guilds,auction house and many things to do in this game. The level cap is 50. There might be a fee of 10 bucks a month but when you look at it, paying 10 bucks for a great rpg is 10x better then paying 15 bucks a month for boring mmo games. Good luck in your search !

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

I want a good Sandbox skillbased game.

UO got broken.

Eve... I dunno I REALLY want to play the game, but can never find a corp I fit in with =(

• Reborn17Reborn17 Member Posts: 414

Dude if mmorog.com had buddy lists,  you would've just made mine. Stay hard to please man, for real.

"The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion." -Edmund Burke

Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?"
    (Psalm 94:16)

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293
    Originally posted by Reborn17

Dude if mmorog.com had buddy lists,  you would've just made mine. Stay hard to please man, for real.

Occasionally I wish I was easily amused... Id be happy with something like wow or lotro...

• zharotzharot Member Posts: 15

Occasionally I wish I was easily amused... Id be happy with something like wow or lotro...

Yes, I quite like WoW playing with a guild from UO, but I died a bit inside when there was nothing left to do at lvl 60 except redo old instances and blabla. Been Playing UO since the 90's and do need a new game as well. I haven't thought of it that way, but we probably are harder to please.. we who experienced the dawning before it all became massively money oriented rpgs.. :P

Class-less games are my favorites, fallout, elder scrolls, ultima etc. as well. Love housing.

My big phobia , *shrugs*, is hunting in game items and the only way to achieve it is an uninterrupted, unsanitary ritual which lasts more than 2-3 hours which you have to repeat oh so godless many times.

I don't have any answers, just sympathy for the cause.

Oh great gaming deities, give us a sign!

• mehoronmehoron Member Posts: 146

Honestly I think we all get one MMORPG that we get hardcore with, then you die inside like the MMO purging it's evil self from your soul. Really though. As lame as this sounds I haven't been hardcore with an MMORPG game since FFXI (known as one of the most terrible MMORPG games to most people who play MMOs today) it's economy sank and the game pretty much died. Can't fund a group to level with to save your life. But I think you get one shot, then everything else is repedative and boring.

• zharotzharot Member Posts: 15

I completely agree in one respect, I'm lucky I chose one that lasted 10 years then.. :P In any event I wouldn't argue, it makes sense to me in a strange way. I agree with you, but hope your wrong.

Atleast I'll have my single player games.. :)

• sezulsezul Member Posts: 10

Cfurlin...Have you tried City of heroes/City of villians?  Ive been on that game almost 2 years.  It has the best character creation options ive ever seen and great graphics.  I dont know how u played ultima online so long.  I played it 10 min and asked myself if this was the wrong download because it looked like a 1980s nintendo game or something. Yea coh/cov is $15 a month but i dont mind paying to play a good game.  You can get the good vs evil at walmart for like $30 and that has both games in one.  There are no other patches or anything to download.  The updater does it for you.  If anyone decides to try it holler at me and i can try to help out.  My global chat handle is @simply broken

w00t

• RimmonRimmon Member Posts: 82

Don't know how someone could play Ultima Online for so long?  Even today I could so easily let the  90's graphics slide if Orgin and later EA had not ruined the game.  I have yet to have a gaming experience like UO.  Between faction wars, PK's, Order/Chaos, and guilds the game was a PvPers dream and the economy and market system, although rather primitive, worked as well if not better than any game since imho.  Not to mention the RP with the town meetings, ceremonies, weddings, etc.    Myself like others in this post feel the same way,  WTB good MMORPG.  To bad no one is selling.... 

... - ..-. ..-