Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play past lvl 10 before you bash this game (a constructive review)

Comments

• drakaiserdrakaiser Member UncommonPosts: 4

why are you people who dont like the game trrying to insist that its not good if you dont like it that much why are you bothering in posting in this topic if you dont like the game then dont play it but doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. And if gameguard is so bad why would Acclaim endorse/associate it with there game and put a bad word on there name ?? there a big selling games company there would be no point.

• ANiMuSANiMuS Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by drakaiser

why are you people who dont like the game trrying to insist that its not good if you dont like it that much why are you bothering in posting in this topic if you dont like the game then dont play it but doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. And if gameguard is so bad why would Acclaim endorse/associate it with there game and put a bad word on there name ?? there a big selling games company there would be no point.

What're you, 2?

sdfsdfsd

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by ANiMuS

Originally posted by drakaiser

What're you, 2?

Even though his spelling and grammar may be terrible, he has a point. This topic has nothing to do with judging how old people are, it's about the game 2Moons. Grow up.

• lath456lath456 Member Posts: 92

I'm terribly bored @ level 16... I almost deleted this game twice tonight.

Guess I'll stick around a bit longer and check it out - thanks for the review.

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

Originally posted by sonicbrew

Originally posted by gessekai332

Any game that uses malware that is as harmful as StarForce will never see my machine regardless of how good it may be...

what?? there is no malware in this game. I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. If you are talking about in game advertising it hasnt been implemented yet and even when it is it will be this dinky little add at the top or bottom of your screen. And that is FAAAR from malware.They are even debating making it optional, and that if you allow them to put their dinky little ad on the corner of your screen you get +10% exp.  

The game uses Gameguard which is malware. Maybe you should educate yourself more before you just download everything and anything. Malware is destructive to your PC anyway you look at it. Do a search on Gameguard there is plenty of info. out there...

Uhhhh.... GameGuard isn't technically malware: "Software is considered malware based on the perceived intent of the creator rather than any particular features. It includes computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware, dishonest adware, and other malicious and unwanted software. In law, malware is sometimes known as a computer contaminant, for instance in the legal codes of California, West Virginia, and several other U.S. states.[1]"

Not only that, but Norton 2007 Enterprise doesn't recognize it as such. It apparently used to, but no longer. Gameguard does block keyloggers and bot programs, though.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• NotArkardNotArkard Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 164
    Originally posted by Astralglide

Any game that uses malware that is as harmful as StarForce will never see my machine regardless of how good it may be...

what?? there is no malware in this game. I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. If you are talking about in game advertising it hasnt been implemented yet and even when it is it will be this dinky little add at the top or bottom of your screen. And that is FAAAR from malware.They are even debating making it optional, and that if you allow them to put their dinky little ad on the corner of your screen you get +10% exp.  

The game uses Gameguard which is malware. Maybe you should educate yourself more before you just download everything and anything. Malware is destructive to your PC anyway you look at it. Do a search on Gameguard there is plenty of info. out there...

Uhhhh.... GameGuard isn't technically malware: "Software is considered malware based on the perceived intent of the creator rather than any particular features. It includes computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware, dishonest adware, and other malicious and unwanted software. In law, malware is sometimes known as a computer contaminant, for instance in the legal codes of California, West Virginia, and several other U.S. states.[1]"

Not only that, but Norton 2007 Enterprise doesn't recognize it as such. It apparently used to, but no longer. Gameguard does block keyloggers and bot programs, though.

That description is very vague. By what terms is a computer software considered contaminant? A piece of software that hogs up resources when it's not supposed to be in use? Maybe something that hooks itself to the SYSTEM processes and keeps hidden files around even if it is technically uninstalled. I believe unwanted software as being anything as stated above. Since you can wiki "malware" I suggest you wiki "GameGuard" and educate yourself.

"Because of its method of actuation (similar to a rootkit), it is criticized for being too invasive. The software installs a device driver and offers no way to uninstall it; even uninstalling the game will still leave some files hidden on the system. In recent versions (revision 1007 and up), GameGuard fails to halt when the game ends, so GameGuard continues to use resources and inject code into processes. This is usually not noticeable to the end-user, as GameGuard masks its intense CPU usage by hooking Windows system querying APIs."

"GameGuard also conflicts with Windows Vista, causing the OS to be recognized by Microsoft as not genuine. This has been fixed with a patch, but many games have not applied this patch yet."

It's also a very poorly-coded and imbalanced piece of software, not even consideringthe horrible side-effects it causes to systems. It's very outdated, thus the reason it was originally not compatible with Windows Vista, and also has compatibility issues with non-English editions of Windows. It's virtually un-usable by the end-user and we have no control of what it does. Even when we're not playing the game, that thing is there invading our resources. That, to me, counts as a computer contaminant and is enough reason for me to never play a game that uses GameGuard.

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by NotArkard

Originally posted by Astralglide

That description is very vague. By what terms is a computer software considered contaminant? A piece of software that hogs up resources when it's not supposed to be in use? Maybe something that hooks itself to the SYSTEM processes and keeps hidden files around even if it is technically uninstalled. I believe unwanted software as being anything as stated above. Since you can wiki "malware" I suggest you wiki "GameGuard" and educate yourself.

"Because of its method of actuation (similar to a rootkit), it is criticized for being too invasive. The software installs a device driver and offers no way to uninstall it; even uninstalling the game will still leave some files hidden on the system. In recent versions (revision 1007 and up), GameGuard fails to halt when the game ends, so GameGuard continues to use resources and inject code into processes. This is usually not noticeable to the end-user, as GameGuard masks its intense CPU usage by hooking Windows system querying APIs."

"GameGuard also conflicts with Windows Vista, causing the OS to be recognized by Microsoft as not genuine. This has been fixed with a patch, but many games have not applied this patch yet."

It's also a very poorly-coded and imbalanced piece of software, not even consideringthe horrible side-effects it causes to systems. It's very outdated, thus the reason it was originally not compatible with Windows Vista, and also has compatibility issues with non-English editions of Windows. It's virtually un-usable by the end-user and we have no control of what it does. Even when we're not playing the game, that thing is there invading our resources. That, to me, counts as a computer contaminant and is enough reason for me to never play a game that uses GameGuard.

Since when is Windows Vista Compatibility a sign of health for any software? (There isn't much in the way of older software that does work with Vista) I'm not arguing how well it's coded, but it doesn't stay resident when not in use (I checked) and, if my security software (I use two types) doesn't think its a problem, then I'll go with them, they know more about this then either of us do.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• SrbplayaSrbplaya Member Posts: 14

i played 2moons got to level 37 and its a bad game ! trust me dont play it ~~~!!

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164
    Originally posted by Srbplaya

i played 2moons got to level 37 and its a bad game ! trust me dont play it ~~~!!

I don't trust you.

• ironterairontera Member Posts: 3

sweet review...but yes its true no body gives the game a chance... they quit after a few levels... i think they should explore the maps alot more and apprectiate the awesome graphics in this free game...if u do give the game a chance u will find it isnt just a button mashing game... i suggest if people get easily bored with games they should try to get a friend to play with them... grinding can get boring sometimes when ur on your own...and dude u forgot to mention the cool as mp3 player the game gives...

but yeah dude im gonna stop before i write a review.. but yes nice reveiw

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

I call this marketing.

You can't get money from advertising if noone is playing.

• cadccadc Member Posts: 1

Though I love the game, but hate to admit it, 2moons does install malitious software on your computer, whether you choose to accept this or not, it is a fact...

I have proof of this, following the installation of 2 moons, I noticed that random pockets of lag would affect my game play on all my games, it wasn't that bad so I chose to ignor it.. (for a while till I could take it no more), also sometimes my games would inadvertantly just close without my concent, and this was the thing that made me set my foot down and put an end to this nonsence...

I gave my computer a free scan with PC tools, found usual tracking cookies, but what I was surpriced to find was that there were 3 malitious spyware/ addware infections in my computer putting my sistem in high risk. (believe or not), this convinced me to buy a $30 antispyware to remove them bastards.

After which, when I started 2moons again, it went through the usual update, but when I clicked to start the program, 3-4 error pop ups occurred tellming me that certain memory could not be read and the program had to be shut down (luckily for me, the program still runs, even with these missing files, and suprize surprize, it actually runs better now than when I first installed it...

Funny thing is, now Game guard (after opening the program) will not allow me to open any programs after I open the game till I shut the game down, this is one downside

the upsides, is that the random pockets of lag are gone, my games no longer close on their own, and best of all, the game is still able to play, even faster than before.

(This makes me wander why a game with the graphics and game play that is just as good as WoW is completely free.... [doesn't that just scream malitious software at you?])

[b]You don't have to take my word for it, See for your self, here is the link to PC Tools, Download the Trial Version to give your comp a free scan here

See if you find the Same high risk malitious infections I found on my computer as shown below:

The highlighted Red infections were what I speculate was downloaded from 2moons and was bugging down my computer, please scan your computers to see if you get the same results and verify that this is true.

hope this shed some light on this issue..

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by cadc

Though I love the game, but hate to admit it, 2moons does install malitious software on your computer, whether you choose to accept this or not, it is a fact...

I have proof of this, following the installation of 2 moons, I noticed that random pockets of lag would affect my game play on all my games, it wasn't that bad so I chose to ignor it.. (for a while till I could take it no more), also sometimes my games would inadvertantly just close without my concent, and this was the thing that made me set my foot down and put an end to this nonsence...

I gave my computer a free scan with PC tools, found usual tracking cookies, but what I was surpriced to find was that there were 3 malitious spyware/ addware infections in my computer putting my sistem in high risk. (believe or not), this convinced me to buy a $30 antispyware to remove them bastards.

After which, when I started 2moons again, it went through the usual update, but when I clicked to start the program, 3-4 error pop ups occurred tellming me that certain memory could not be read and the program had to be shut down (luckily for me, the program still runs, even with these missing files, and suprize surprize, it actually runs better now than when I first installed it...

Funny thing is, now Game guard (after opening the program) will not allow me to open any programs after I open the game till I shut the game down, this is one downside

the upsides, is that the random pockets of lag are gone, my games no longer close on their own, and best of all, the game is still able to play, even faster than before.

(This makes me wander why a game with the graphics and game play that is just as good as WoW is completely free.... [doesn't that just scream malitious software at you?])

[b]You don't have to take my word for it, See for your self, here is the link to PC Tools, Download the Trial Version to give your comp a free scan here

See if you find the Same high risk malitious infections I found on my computer as shown below:

The highlighted Red infections were what I speculate was downloaded from 2moons and was bugging down my computer, please scan your computers to see if you get the same results and verify that this is true.

hope this shed some light on this issue..

Please do some research before accusing someone of malware. Spyshredder is not from 2moons. It is however known malware and yes it is fairly nasty if not taken care of. Could you have gotten it through 2moons? I guess its possible. From most of the forums I have looked at regarding spy shredder no one can really confirm where its comming from or how you get it. I CAN confirm Spyshredder does not come just from 2moons. A family member got SpyShredder from a document sent to him involving the local fire department. It was an official document that somehow spyshredder attached itself to.

One thing you need to be carefull of is accusing companies of this. At the beginning of your post you stated that is was indeed a FACT and you had PROOF.  At the end of your post you ask people to scan there computer and see if the results are the same to verify its true. If you indeed had FACTS that it was 2moons you wouldnt ask others to verify it. I have 2moons installed, and no SpyShredder and I do check for it daily.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Just curious did the OP  take the time to go to school or do you just play video games all day?  That has to be one of the more poorly written posts on this board.

As to the article, if you like the no customization, everyone wears the same armor at a certain level MMO, there are a ton out there, not just this one.

Me, I like difference.  This is just another game from the MMO factory, there is nothing redeeming in it at all from my perspective.  Personally I can't tell the difference any more from any of these Asian MMO's they all look and play the same.

• willdevotowilldevoto Member Posts: 23

i agree great game im lvl 23 almost lvl 23 im a staff summoner and ive been playing for 2 days and im in heiharp and do 1000s (-= i love this game its the best and the lvl 7 guy i can train u but i know its not much beacuse im lvl 23 but i can really help u and i could give u two free gems!!!

• kenichi5388kenichi5388 Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Just curious did the OP  take the time to go to school or do you just play video games all day?  That has to be one of the more poorly written posts on this board.
    As to the article, if you like the no customization, everyone wears the same armor at a certain level MMO, there are a ton out there, not just this one.
    Me, I like difference.  This is just another game from the MMO factory, there is nothing redeeming in it at all from my perspective.  Personally I can't tell the difference any more from any of these Asian MMO's they all look and play the same.
    Oh please, I really need to know what is these all about, ok u said u like difference, what kind of differences?? Can u elaborate, and share with me ur opinions about making any differences in MMO gaming world? And u said Asian MMO all look and play the same? So do u mean that American MMO is way different compare with Asian MMO??? eg: WoW. Please gimme an example. (I read somewhere else in this forum, some said WoW is a Crappy game...lol) Basically, MMO is all about roaming around the maps, chatting, questing, hunting, levelling, PVP, crafting etc... IMO, MMO should be looks like this. If not, its like u're writting an 'out of topic' essay.

Some MMO did have some differences, eg: Cabal make a Combo system, characters in Perfect World can Fly, characters in SilkRoad Online can become 'Berserk Mode'... Can this considered as 'differences' in MMO??? correct me if I'm wrong...

~PEACE~

• CathalaodeCathalaode Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by kenichi5388

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Oh please, I really need to know what is these all about, ok u said u like difference, what kind of differences?? Can u elaborate He did., and share with me ur opinions about making any differences in MMO gaming world? And u said Asian MMO all look and play the same? So do u mean that American MMO is way different compare with Asian MMO??? They are usually geared in the same direction eg: WoW. Please gimme an example. (I read somewhere else in this forum, some said WoW is a Crappy game...lol Lots of people are saying it, it's just not that good of a game.) Basically, MMO is all about roaming around the maps, chatting, questing, hunting, levelling, PVP, crafting etc That's a new school MMO, old school focused more on roaming, chatting, leveling, and PvP... IMO, MMO should be looks like this. If not, its like u're writting an 'out of topic' essay.

Some MMO did have some differences, eg: Cabal make a Combo system, characters in Perfect World can Fly, characters in SilkRoad Online can become 'Berserk Mode'... Can this considered as 'differences' in MMO??? They're minor additions for the most part, it's the same Korean style MMO but with combo moves and the like. A big addition is, RvR, Player built cities, public quests, directional attacks, ship battles, etc. correct me if I'm wrong...

~PEACE~

• kenichi5388kenichi5388 Member Posts: 23

Thx Cathalaode, u really make ur points there... Thx for the reply.. and by the way, can u recommend me any mmo out there u personally thought its a good game? I sure want to try out, cos I can see that u must be know a lot about mmos since u're an Elite member in this Forum. :-)

thx again!...

• NnyanNnyan Member UncommonPosts: 42

This is SO old.   I didn't take the time to note who these should go to but after reading this thread here are my thoughts.

1.  This is a public forum, so anyone can post what they want within the posting guidelines.   You don't like what someone is posting then ignore it or refute it but don't tell people not to post on a public forum. 

2.  2Moons SUCKS BIG!!!  Really?  I'm sure for many it does but for some other's it does not.  Everyone is a bit different in what they like.  I try to play every game out there that looks even halfway interesting and 2Moons IMHO wasn't the worst game I've tried, far from the best but not the worst.

3.  2Moons is AWESOME! Really?  Well good for you.  I don't agree with you and for many reasons.  Lets forget the buggy game dynamics, the needing to know armor sets are for some level to gauge levels???,  the fact that the beginning game sucks.  Let's see according to the OP:

Level 15:  Minimal Level Required before you can see you're not just button mashing.

Level 20: Game starts to flourish.

Level 34: First Real Instance Dungeon.

Level 35: Start to see "Style of Monsters"

Level 40: Grind becomes fun.

And you wonder why people don't like this game?  Its FINE if you enjoy playing this.  Ignore the haters and continue to have fun.  I just suggest you be realistic about this game and stop being a fanboi (you don't like the haters so don't be a fanboi).  You're playing a game that most people won't like, so what?  Not everything will be everyone else's cup of tea.

With just about every game I've played I may or may not have liked it but I would see what others would love or hate about it.  I think its a foible in youth to be fanatic about your current "thing". 

• CathalaodeCathalaode Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by kenichi5388

Thx Cathalaode, u really make ur points there... Thx for the reply.. and by the way, can u recommend me any mmo out there u personally thought its a good game? I sure want to try out, cos I can see that u must be know a lot about mmos since u're an Elite member in this Forum. :-)
    thx again!...

All I can say is try a few trials, GW is good if you have some friends (So you can bypass the crappy community), shadow bane and AO are free (Wouldn't recommend either atm), give LOtRO a shot at trial, the beta was alright, SWG if you're desperate. Just try some trials, and if you find one you like you should go with it.

• IhsoyimIhsoyim Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Airspell

ROFL and ROFL
    You call that an article ? 80% of the content is your raving about how great it is and how your friends like it without giving any evidence. 
    You describe the grind as awesome ??!! You have played games for 8 years and never experienced instancing before ? Is this review written by an 8 year runescape vet ? This is simply one of the worst reviews I have ever seen. It is a gigantic fanboi piece with absolutely no meat on the bone, could have shrunk it down to about a paragraph tops .
      Game only gets good past 10 eh ? Isn't that the usual excuse you hear ? Because if you dislike something someone else likes you must have no experienced the game enough, or else you would just love it.  Standard fanboy arguement.
    Here I have shrunk down this mediocre review to a sentence
    "I love this game and love everything about it"

oh my god another freaks!!! go on and make a game for us, and see who's gonna play it! u thought u're so mature enough to give lessons to other forumers here? people out there are giving their opinions about the games they played, and u just post here and bullshitting about 'gigantic fanboi piece'? i just couldn't believe all this, again; grow up Airspell. BTW, i dont like 2moons myself!

next time if you want to post anything, make up your mind first ShitHead!!!

• TruecidationTruecidation Member Posts: 16

Airspell is right; you say the game is great, yet you do not detail why?

Most of the points you raise are subjective. Fear of dying? Not really; you don't lose exp or items when you die. You only need to run back from your respawn point. Anything you feel in the meantime is strictly YOUR OWN SUBJECTIVE FEELING. For example, I LIKE dying in this game, because it costs me nothing.

You don't say how it's a pain in the ass to add someone to your friendlist or party when they aren't close to you. Or the way you can't ignore the gold farmers spamming their services blatantly.

Amor differentiating people? But then you say you can tell someone is a couple levels higher than you simply by looking at his armor. Contradiction. If there really WAS plenty of armor customisation you'd be harder pressed to guess. I have characters of all 6 classes, people around my level pretty much look the same as me, minus glowing (upgraded) weapons, most of the time.

Sure, there aren't "hordes of PKers running around", but if you stick around long enough on any map, you'll run into a PK botter. LOL. Not only is the idiot afk and using a bot, it goes around pk'ing people who "disturb it's training ground". I've seen more than several newbs in town complaining that they couldn't get past certain points when they keep running into those bots. Ha, and don't talk about GM intervention, they've done fuck-all about the situation.

The grind is amazing because "you can chop things into a bloody mess". No. That's just the goddamn death animations. It has nothing to do with grinding endlessly for hours, getting 0.1% per kill. It doesn't matter if the enemy disappears instantly, collapses in a puff of smoke, breaks apart in bloody chunks, or explodes in confetti. The only thing that freaking matters in a grind is the experience.

At least when I bash 2moons, I have the balls to admit I enjoyed the game engine, like the way knockbacks actually work, how movement latency is well handled, etc. And I do say the main reason 2moons fails is because of the poor community and nonexistent policing by GMs of the gold farmers and botters. I don't simply say, "it sucks" or "it's great".

If you want to write a review that doesn't get the bejesus flamed out of it, learn to write objectively. Don't sound like a freaking fanboy. And calling people names just confirms you to be one. An immature rant from an immature gamer.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

Talk about flaming retards, no use talking to this idiot. Post again when your IQ is higher than room temperature kthxdie.

• MiyoshiMiyoshi Member Posts: 61

As i said in others posts Ihsoyim just shows us how bad is the 2moons community ...

Bad game , bad community ...

Exactly.

Gratituous swearing != mature. When was the last time you walked into a decent bar, and heard people swearing like sailors? Mature people do curse, yes, but they know when to use it.

On the other hand, people who curse at the drop of a hat are usually ignorant, socially backwards people with a low vocabulary, that's why they curse a lot: because they can't express themselves properly. For example, a normal person would say, "I don't like the controls, they lag too much," whereas the idiots we're talking about would say "this fucking sucks". Ok, it sucks. How? ...see? He can't even explain WHY it "sucks". On the other hand, a normal person would have no problem understanding the first example ("oh, the controls are laggy"). The idiot would probably swear some more at you if you asked him to explain why it sucked.

It's pretty apparent Acclaim's translation people / designers have been sleeping on the job. Anyone who played any online games in the past DECADE can agree with the observation that the more profanity you hear in general chat in a game, the more likely that the game's community is made up of the young and ignorant. I'd bet our friend there isn't older than 16.

David Perry and Acclaim have a LOT of work cut out for them if they want a "mature" 2Moons community. The unchecked farming and botting alone assures me that this isn't going to happen any time soon.