Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returned to SWG

ammieammie Member UncommonPosts: 109

I have just given SWG another try. I was originally a Master Bio-engineer & Master Creature Handler, I left the day I could no longer get my pets out of data. As you can imagine I was bitter and sad, hours of work and research wasted!

Over the years I have gone back from time to time and been disappointed, it felt like a world in decay, empty cities, jedis running amok and very little purpose.

The last time I returned was just after BM(Beast Mastery) arrived, I was pleasantly surprised, cities were fuller ( I am on Chimeara ) and the atmosphere far better than previous visits and for me, most importantly!!.............. I could now get my old pets out of data, albeit to either stuff them and have house pets, or take dna and try to recreate them.

For the past couple of months I have really been enjoying myself, true it is not exactly like pre-CU bu it still has loads to offer and most important for me is its diversity. Quests, entertaining, trades, houses, items, BM also for everyone if they wish plus their chosen profession, space missions, story telling, in fact too many things to mention.

Since I have been back I have met a couple of people who are surprised at how they are enjoying the game, they were not expecting much due to bad reviews.

I do have a couple of dislikes, targeting for one, I am a medic and am finding it quite difficult. (yes, I have read the guides, still difficult) Also sooo many jedi, maybe because it seems a fun profession, but that makes grouping a bit jedi top-heavy.

SWG is still pretty unique compared to a lot of games out there and it is well worth giving it a try, as in a lot of games a good guild helps and also finding the most populated server.

Time will tell how things pan out but for me at this moment, all is good! 

Comments

• ekicekic Member Posts: 163

Good to hear and welcome back

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

I was always more into being a BioEngineer than most anything in SWG.

After CH6 my GF duo'd with me for a while.  She had an elder jedi and I was playing a medic. 

I had quite a bit of fun with making selling pets... Of course having tons of resources from the old days and all the crafter professions among our accounts made it easier.

If you can find a niche that you enjoy.. then yes SWG can still be pretty fun.

• Inat_miveaInat_mivea Star Wars Galaxies CorrespondentMember Posts: 249
    Originally posted by Antarious

After CH6 my GF duo'd with me for a while.  She had an elder jedi and I was playing a medic. 
    I had quite a bit of fun with making selling pets... Of course having tons of resources from the old days and all the crafter professions among our accounts made it easier.

there is certainly a lot to do... I've even pared down some of what i used to do (guild leader) and am still having fun. SWG is differnt then these other MMOs... as you said, you definitely need to find your niche and run with it

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

Originally posted by Inat_mivea

there is certainly a lot to do... I've even pared down some of what i used to do (guild leader) and am still having fun. SWG is differnt then these other MMOs... as you said, you definitely need to find your niche and run with it

Very true.....think I have too many though :P

• Inat_miveaInat_mivea Star Wars Galaxies CorrespondentMember Posts: 249
    Originally posted by ekic

i am in more of a selfish game style now - doing a lot of solo stuff

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

I'm the same way.

• CoochanaweCoochanawe Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by ammie

I have just given SWG another try. I was originally a Master Bio-engineer & Master Creature Handler, I left the day I could no longer get my pets out of data. As you can imagine I was bitter and sad, hours of work and research wasted!

Over the years I have gone back from time to time and been disappointed, it felt like a world in decay, empty cities, jedis running amok and very little purpose.

The last time I returned was just after BM(Beast Mastery) arrived, I was pleasantly surprised, cities were fuller ( I am on Chimeara ) and the atmosphere far better than previous visits and for me, most importantly!!.............. I could now get my old pets out of data, albeit to either stuff them and have house pets, or take dna and try to recreate them.

For the past couple of months I have really been enjoying myself, true it is not exactly like pre-CU bu it still has loads to offer and most important for me is its diversity. Quests, entertaining, trades, houses, items, BM also for everyone if they wish plus their chosen profession, space missions, story telling, in fact too many things to mention.

Since I have been back I have met a couple of people who are surprised at how they are enjoying the game, they were not expecting much due to bad reviews.

I do have a couple of dislikes, targeting for one, I am a medic and am finding it quite difficult. (yes, I have read the guides, still difficult) Also sooo many jedi, maybe because it seems a fun profession, but that makes grouping a bit jedi top-heavy.

SWG is still pretty unique compared to a lot of games out there and it is well worth giving it a try, as in a lot of games a good guild helps and also finding the most populated server.
    Time will tell how things pan out but for me at this moment, all is good! 
    For your targeting Prob:

Options>Keymap

Lower half checklists:

Mouse pointer mode default CHECKED ;  Actions can be fired from the toolbar CHECKED ; Scroll through Actions with mouse UNCHECKED

In the target tab at the top:

Clear Binding on Secondary Attack (useless in new system)

Set intended target binded to middle mouse button (scroller button)

Toggle Repeat Auto Attack bind to Spacebar.

Final thing is make sure in the controls menu, that Click nothing untargets is UNCHECKED.

WIth options closed hit alt unti lyou are in free mouse mode.  Mouse over a target and make sure your reticle is a blue circle (auto-aim)

Now you will be able to hit tab to  cycle target out, or mouse over and click middle mouse to target.

With target in green brackets, you hold left click like a trigger..or simply tap spacebar once with your thumb.

You'll auto fire and use your mouse or 1-+ keys to fire.

It is just like CU or Pre-CU except the left click actiosn are seperated into left click (action), spacebar (auto-attack), and middle mouse(target).

As a medic to help our your group members....jsut click their names in the group list to target.

• ammieammie Member UncommonPosts: 109

Thank  you  Coochanawe

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638

I don't think that is selfish.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by RainStar

Agreed.  Keep away from any more large scale PvP :P

Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by RainStar

Agreed.  Keep away from any more large scale PvP :P

lol