Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Read this before you play this game

kiepconchikiepconchi Member Posts: 10

.......... This is my second weeks in the archlord game. The first week was all good, depite the fact no gender choose for classes.This is how they MAKE you choose your class:
_ Knight = male (no female, but knight's instructor who teach you skill is a female,may be she slept with the head of knight to get that position, why? BECAUSE THERE IS NO [email=F@#%#$%] FEMALE KNIGHTS then how can there is a female knight's instructor?)
_ Archer = male again (sorry girls, archers are too good for you to play)
_Mage = female (guys, mage is too colourful for you, you cant be a mage....FFS :P)
_Berserker = male (another version of knight, I swear their skill int he skill list are 80% identical...worst part of a RPG game when you have to classes with almost identical skill)
_Hunter = female (this class is similar type , as its a range class....but this time girls, you are the only 1 can play this ...since they are..not humman :P just kidding)
_ Soccerer = male ( ....now everyone know orc is not pretty as human, and mage is just too gay for a guy, so they give you this class, ugly guy play with magic so no 1 will call you gay..see ? they are fair ..:) )
_ Moon elf elemntal = female (there girls, a class for you that cute...for guys, too cute for you, that why they dont lets you play this class.. :P )
_Moon elf ranger = female ( read the list, there are 4 male class so this class must be a female so it can be 4/4 ...WTF!!!)

Now come to the worse, me and my sister play together for that 1 week, we both spent 15 USD each on out account for stuffs (basic stuff to get you...move around castle :)) that right, you heard me, you are paying real money to buy waprs....nice isnt it? But that not the worst, the worst is in a happy day, my sister got an email from the admin say she used cheat, or what they call is "cool down time cheat" ...We sent an email to them to ask what their proofs are, we got an email from "GM" that they will not disclose the "techniques" they use to catch cheats... (yeah , that is awnsome when the first 15 minutes of the game we see a few chars that around level 2x hitting mobs without buff and not moving at all, just stay at 1 spot and hitting mobs around which die and respwn (they are not bot? may be they are lazy to play..game?...wat joke is this?)

I told you the that was the worst is it? now come the part you will like, http://mmodata.org/archlord/db/?s=build&class=HM (if you are affarid of virus link, you can read the below)that link provide you the list of skills int he game.
<Mod edit>

Comments

• kiepconchikiepconchi Member Posts: 10

sorry i didnt check there was a picture while i try to copy the skills table from the link...and my review about this game went abit longer but some how i got disconnected while posting the post. So I just make it shorter this time

Graphic = 8/10 (nice graphic, up to the standard in the game market)

Sound = 7/10 (nice sound...but not impressive)

Game play = 3/10 (quests really annoy, no story line, rewards are not tempting ... this game back to the basic of rpg, slashing mobs is the only joy in game...they also have castle seige in the game, but with the skill are fucked up and identical ..i woudlnt think each class have their own duty in the battle rather than high level kill low level battle...and THEY DONT HAVE A HEALING CLASS... what a joke)

Service = 2/10

a very short time after you join the game, you will see plenty of bots, the game its self doesnt have anti cheat program. Oh, did i tell you my roomate got ban 7days for using "cool down bots", well atleast that what the admin told him when he sent an appeal...poor guy, played his heart out for 1 week and get caught for things he didnt do....The only answer he got when he ask for proof is "we do not disclose our techniques to catch cheaters in the game...and we will not answer your reply anymore" it like you went to Iraq and when sadam  say you guilty then u are guilty. The funny things are it seriously easy to see bots in the game, and the game itself doesnt have an anti cheat program but the GM is very sure about their "techniques" of catching cheats while it is a clear case that my poor roomate got kicked in the butt ... :))

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

Wow, you have me totally confused and wondering what it is you are talking about. I understand about not being able to pick gender, that part made some sense though I just said it in a couple words. Well, it won't change, a lot of MMOs have gender specific classes and that is just what it is. It's a game, are you threatened? Do you feel like there is something wrong with you if want to play a Mage and it is a female? How silly. Anyway, it is what it is.

The second part...who did you pay for what? I have been playing for a little over a month. Have a level 30 archer on Gaiahon and haven't spent one single penny, nor have I missed anything. There are a few cool things, I mean it would be nice to move faster with a set of wings, but hey, it's just time. I've won a few rounds of PvP and lost some. I have been in dungeons and gone solo on a ton of quests. Who forced you to spend money and why didn't you use the fountain looking things to warp around a castle? They don't cost me anything. To "warp" from castle to castle costs in game money which drops like water off MOBs.

As for cheats...I have never had a GM or anyone call me a cheat for no reason, even though I spent no money and still manage to play the game just fine. So, I am guessing there must have been something suspect or you would have never heard anything from anyone. I have found, contrary to the ranting posts in forums, the support to be very good. I had an issue, sent in a support request, got an email back immediately asking for a time to meet in game, sent them the time and had a GM contact me promptly at that time and address the issue. What else could I want? I don't know, it just seems to me that your post is misinformed and misleading, especially when it comes to spending real cash on the game.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• KrymsonSykkeKrymsonSykke Member Posts: 45

I agree with you, I had play this game during beta then quit.  Came back after it was release and I could not get into it.  The quest seemed the same and took forever to level up.  So I do not play any more and the sad thing is four months after I bought the game it becomes completely free.  So codemaster needs to revisit this game and learn from there mistakes, the game sucks....

• MontenagroMontenagro Member Posts: 14

This person is sadly off base when it comes to this game.   By his review you can see he's coming into it with a Biased opinion.

Arch-lord is a great and very entertaining game.  As far as having to spend money to move around... well thats simply just not true, that is a fabricated lie.  

To move around INSTANTANEOUSLY will cost you a few bucks for the special item... but anyone can run anywhere free of charge.

• abbendabbenabbendabben Member Posts: 1

I have been playing archlord for bout 2 weeks and really like it. many of the games that i play online and there are alot of em dont seem to have the graphic quality. i do agree that the music sucks but cant u turn on itunes or wmp. Questing is kinda lame but some of the rewards are worth your running all over the place for, and some of the quests are so easy all u need to do is run through town and blam free xp.

So overall this is my ratings

Overall 8.1/10

Graphics 9.3/10

Sound (some are good others really bad) 5.5/10

Questing 3/10

Party/guilding 8.5/10

only thing i really dont like is that it has lag and some tims 3% xp loss because u get stuck in a tree is gae otherwise good game with pontential to grow

• McwallenMcwallen Member UncommonPosts: 70

How can you say this game sucks? I've been playing for a little over one week and its awesome! For those of you who complain about it becoming free, well you can't rate a game on how fun it is by how much it costs... price does not affect the fun of any game. I'm doing fine in the game and I haven't spent ANY real world money on the game. It's a great game, everyone who dislikes it just looks at it from a completely wrong view, either the price or misfortunes.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

thanx for the little review mate :)

• henwheehenwhee Member Posts: 8

i appreciate the lil review,

i tried archlord for about a week and got tired of it,

mainly due to the choppy game play and actions, and the constant recurring battles between you and monsters...too repetitive.

i also really didnt like the lack of cutomization, how an archer MUST be a girl (and a very ugly girl) kinda pisses me off

• menowhitemenowhite Member CommonPosts: 12

There's just no challenge in this game, the big-boss mobbs are even easy to kill, just spam-drink potions. that means grouping is 100% useless and that's just not right in a mmo, so don't even look at this game. btw. graphics and sound are nice ;) but I still think mmorpg is too much to say, so try other games (forgot all names, but played a lot of em :p)

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

Some ppl have no patience at all...cheating at such a low lvl is simply put...stupid. Sorry, but I don't buy that "I've been banned for no reason" line - there's always a good reason for that.

Archlord is an all areas PVP game; the minute you step out of a town, you're game; for this alone, botting is foolish, because the minute someone will spot you, you're barbecue sauce. So your statement of Archlord being full of bots it's not true. Like I said, you stand little chance with all those red name players hunting 24 hours a day...but then again, you prolly have no idea what I'm talking about, ey?

And all that crap about the game forcing you to buy chantra bonus items is again bull. You can level just fine without touching the shop, at least untill lvl 50+, when the real PVP begins. You can run from one location to another, or you can simply use the damn portals - that's what they're used for, you know...

The only major problem with the game right now is the insane lag you get at certain times during a day (that's why I took a break too); other than that, the game is pretty balanced and the quests actually are worth doing, because they give good xp.

If you don't know all these things, you prolly spent way too little time in game to comment.

• DoctorDreadDoctorDread Member Posts: 5

I love Archlord, been playing for about a month now and I have a player on each server. There are two modes of game play which I like. I do not really care that they have limited characters you can be. It is a free game and you get what you pay for. I think the game world is awesome and there is a lot you can do and see. Bots suck but I play my game and do my own thing so they do not bother me. Game play is good, all the other MMORPGs I have played work like this.

The only thing that suck right now is the lag and the server resets.