Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caster interrupt - Melee no interrupt

2»

Comments

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

There's no pleasing this guy lol.

I've never played EQ2 so I'll just stick to WoW here. Afaik druids, warlocks, mages and priests have no problem dealing with melee. Win some lose some right? If there's one class paladins beat its warrior lol. Dunno about shamans but they dont exactly rock 1on1 pvp like they did pre BC.

At first I got the impression this thread wasnt about balance but fairness. Now I dont know, just seems like you wanna whine abit  Who cares about fair right? Balance, gameplay, pretty much everything > fair. Hey I'm a druid, why cant I heal? Why cant I make portals or conjure water? Why cant I fear? Nofair! Do we really have to go into why warlocks kill with fear dot dot dot and rogues kill with stun-stun-stun?

But hey if you're such an awesome PvPer link us that 2400+ rating arena team ftw!

• a_namea_name Member Posts: 249

But hey if you're such an awesome PvPer link us that 2400+ rating arena team ftw!

lol I didnt play the arena and I'm a female and i havent played or been subscribed to wow in over 3 mos so i wasnt directing the idea specifically at wow it just turned there because of the responses.The game I play now is Ryzom :P

If you simply must know I had just over 10k pvp kills (armory) but I spent more time in raids or farming than pvp because that's what my guild expected of us, doesn't mean I never pvp'd and it doesn't mean I was bad at it. Oh, and grinding rep and daily quests or helping ppl get keyed for kara that took longer to lvl that last month or so before leaving.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

I dont know why it matters that you're a female but ye ok 

Never said you were a bad PvPer... but to put things in perspective, when I dumped my 60 mage to roll a shaman I had something like 70k kills.

When BC came I decided it was time for a change again and rolled a warlock, made a 2v2 arena team and got 2200-2300 rating with my RL bud (shadowpriest). We started midseason1, some opponents were really nicely geared. Dont remember kills but it didnt really matter anymore with arena points. Like everything else lock got boring... working on my pala gear atm.

Yeye boring history I know, point is I dont considering myself a great PvPer or anything (altho surely better then average haha). Occasionally I would even get humbled in 1on1 world pvp, I like to think these guys were great PvPers 

EDIT: If there was such a thing as melee pushbacks in WoW, they would just balance it out by making melee hit like what, 20% harder? Seems like a hassle just to make things "fair" 

• a_namea_name Member Posts: 249

There's no pleasing this guy lol. - that was your line why i mentioned gender

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

Sorry to say this, but crowd controls are the interupts.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

There is all ready a melee interrupt. Its called range. Most ranged types have snares and roots which slows or immobilizes the target.