Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

27th September update - beginning of the end for leechers?

SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
Full details here.

It is now possible to report players for abusive behaviours, which include (I quote) "leeching, botting, spamming, using abusive language, or having an inappropriate character name".

Left to see is whether the community cares.

Definitely a nice move though.

Comments

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Doubt they will be able to handle that..

If i log in i would have to report 50% if the population, regardless where i am at any given time. The german part of Gw is really not a nice part to be in..

Dont really know how its in the english-speaking world of gw, but can imagine its similar.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Seems nice to me as long as it doesn't get abused.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

We discussed this update before it went live on my show last ngiht and the general concensus was good from the pvp community on the show...  

We shall have to wait and see though

imageimage

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

All I can say is, it's about time!  :)

Some names from my "ignore list" headed for the report train:

"Mother Phucker" and "Wipemyasswithu" to name two.  Generally speaking, anyone using these kinds of character names aren't the kind of people that should be participating in online communities with children present.

I have also seen patently racist and misogynistic names in-game, but lacking a report feature until now, I haven't been able to report them.  Thank you, A-Net for giving us the tools to police our own community.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Then hope they have enough people to actually process those gazillions of petitions.. ;)

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by batolemaeus

Then hope they have enough people to actually process those gazillions of petitions.. ;)

If they'd have had this very basic feature from the beginning, like every mmorpg in existance does, they wouldn't have to worry about a massive workload now.

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

This is a very good deterrent, I think it has much more impact than being declared as a leecher in itself.

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

• Gu1ltyGu1lty Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Serling

"Mother Phucker" and "Wipemyasswithu" to name two.  Generally speaking, anyone using these kinds of character names aren't the kind of people that should be participating in online communities with children present.

lol...they are the children! In most cases, of course there are those that for whatever reason enjoy being @ssholes and biggots for just the hell of it. Be sad for them, they are in most cases very misrable in rl and this is how they extend that attitude outward onto others they believe to be "non-deserving". Why you would ever want to show that you're a complete ahole in a game is still beyond me. All I can figue is these are those guys/girls that get picked on by their peers or parents and have no way to deal with it other then take it out on those around them. Funny part is, these individuals are usually the ones that would back down in any fight in rl and hide like a child in the corner crying for mommy. Generally its the kids. They want so much to be "adults" and they cant think of any other way of showing it. Perhaps this is how dad or mom act at home and anyone that has kids will understand they will imitate your actions and reactions because thats what they "think" adults act like. Either way, the worls is full of em and they are like roaches...they wont go away with a simple patch BUT it does give them the impression they are NOT welcome here!

• DauthixDauthix Member Posts: 222

I, too, think this feature was way overdue.

My current Guild Wars character:

Dauthix The Avenger (Paragon/Ranger)

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

This new dishonor system and gladiator point title track has been working really well in my opinion.  Since last friday I have been averaging 3-5 glad points each day.  It is pretty awesome seeing most teams stick together and seeing all of the combinations that end up working. 

Like just the other night is was my group of a Derv, Sin, Ele, and Rit....13 wins.  When we got to TA, I said, "This team probably would not have stuck together before the dishonor huh?"  Two people replied back immediately yes.  It is a lot less frustrating waiting for a bad team to to die than it is to having 1-2 people constantly leaving.  I can handle losing because I understand it is RA, what I can't handle is not having a shot.

So the new system gets a big thumbs up

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)