Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Errors - - - > Still no help from Blizzard

daywalker27daywalker27 Member UncommonPosts: 148

I get an error everytime I try to play WoW, it's not so much as an error as to something wrong with the servers.

When I  get on WoW, enter user/pass info, and click Log in, the connecting screen comes up there, and I'm stuck on connecting.

Due to this issue and no help from Blizzard, one month of WoW is wasted.

When talking to one of their tech's he couldn't figure it out and pretty much blew me off. This is a pretty common issue now. I have seen many people getting this error as well on the Blizzard Tech Forums. I think this shows how BAD of a company Blizzard REALLY is.

Comments

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

Check firewall and add wow.exe to the allowed/safe list.   Or just turn off firewall

• Originally posted by daywalker27

I get an error everytime I try to play WoW, it's not so much as an error as to something wrong with the servers.
    When I  get on WoW, enter user/pass info, and click Log in, the connecting screen comes up there, and I'm stuck on connecting.
    Due to this issue and no help from Blizzard, one month of WoW is wasted.

When talking to one of their tech's he couldn't figure it out and pretty much blew me off. This is a pretty common issue now. I have seen many people getting this error as well on the Blizzard Tech Forums. I think this shows how BAD of a company Blizzard REALLY is.
    No.  This shows how bad you are at computers :/

Most errors are not because of Blizzard, but usually the person.  This problem you're having is most likely computer related ( Check your firewall/anti-virus/router/update drivers/ whatever )

Don't blame Blizzard for a problem that's probably out of their control as 8(9?) million players are able to login just fine.

• YanenYanen Member Posts: 72

Anyone who uses the excuse "8 million people are playing fine" must not be playing the same game.  I haven't played on live for some time, but i remember having problems just trying to INSTALL this game.  I posted on the 1000 page long tech support thread and got the typcial "close all programs" response.  I finally had to remove all but one stick of ram just to install.  Following the tech support person's assinine, irrelevant requests and becoming frustrated because the company leaves issues untouched because they don't give a shit doesn't make you "bad at your computer".  It makes the company lazy, uncaring and incompetant, and Blizzard isn't the only one that fits that bill

• AbronzAbronz Member Posts: 126

First of all I am not a computer expert.

Second I had this kind of problem with WoW before.  It started when I bought a new router.  What I didn't know about the router was that it had a firewall enabled by default.

I had tech services tell me also to turn off the Windows firewall but that didn't help because of the router firewall.

So long story short, check your router for a firewall if you haven't yet.

P.S - I could trace to the WoW servers as well but the router firewall was closing certain ports needed for the WoW launcher and updater.

Edit - Check out this website for router help.  Click on common ports link while there and look for WoW.  It will tell you how to set the ports for WoW for your router.  Just make sure to get the model number from your router before starting.

www.http://portforward.com/

I hope this helps some and I hope you get your problem solved.  Good luck.

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

Daywalker and Yanen, it's clear your PCs are bugged or messed up and you are in denial about it.  Installing WoW is one of the smoothest download and installs I've ever done on my PC.  Connecting just shows you have a bad internet connection, or a bugged comp.  I've had internet problems many times over the years, and a change of equipment always works.

Next time try thinking rationally instead of pointlessly flaming Blizzard.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

WoW is usually a pretty smooth install though it takes a decently long time to install compared to other games and applies the patches consecutively.  I seem to recall having this issue a long time ago.  It was something specific to the server.  I would trying logging into another server.

• YanenYanen Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by Aguy

Daywalker and Yanen, it's clear your PCs are bugged or messed up and you are in denial about it.  Installing WoW is one of the smoothest download and installs I've ever done on my PC.  Connecting just shows you have a bad internet connection, or a bugged comp.  I've had internet problems many times over the years, and a change of equipment always works.
    Next time try thinking rationally instead of pointlessly flaming Blizzard.

actually i could play it fine after i removed RAM to install it.  many others had to do the same thing, you'll see that if you read the tech support forums on the WoW official site.  i recently installed it on my new computer and had none of the problems, except for a 45 minute long install where i had to swap cd's a total of 5 times.  yeah, real smooth fucking install there chief.  their install program, and other parts of their software are bugged, for many people.  if they weren't bugged for you, great, but a lot had identical problems.  obviously, daywalker's problem is well documented.

but speaking of thinking rationally, i quit WoW, because it was a piece of shit

• daywalker27daywalker27 Member UncommonPosts: 148

My brand new lap tob = same issue. I tried both WITH and WITHOUT router. So that issue = no.

I got another email from the Blizzard tech, he said it might be a issue with my ISP (WTF?) so I called my ISP up, THE GUY I WAS TALKING TO SAID HE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH A CUSTOMER THAT WEEK. So apparently I checked up on google, and I saw a few people saying that the blizz techs told them to call their isp's (same as me). Anyways, the tech guy at my ISP (who plays WoW also) said it's deff. a problem with Blizzard's servers.

I guess I can't really do much. Useless Bliz Tech and useless game. I'll just cancel my subscription.

At least PWO comes out tommorow.

Edit: Yaren I only have 1 stick of ram. I don't think that's the problem, cause I have played WoW before on this PC like a year ago. And if that's the only thing wrong, why the fuck is my tech guy an idiot.

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Actually installing WoW from CD was the only time I ever ran into problems. Almost every first attempt it crashes my PC and then 2nd attempt it goes fine. Really weird and I don't blame them (probably bad CD drive).

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

I remember the lovely help from blizzard I got when I tried to install on a second computer. It seemed that the quality of the early CDs was lacking and they often got corrupted after a single use(yes no scratches). Thier only response at the time was send them $20 and they'll send replacement CDs. That was the start of a down hill trend with Blizzard support that I experienced.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Only time I ever had difficulty installing wow on a pc was when I was using a pirated copy of windows xp pro.  Otherwise I've never had a problem.

Just a note, they do seem to be having substantial difficulties in the game due to the last patch.  Woe be you if you aren't using Vista, or are using a Creative sound card.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

If there are issues with logins blizzard will ALWAYS post it on the log-in screen and tech forum, how can blizzard help you if your PC freezes on login.. I have logged into WoW when there have been issues and Im just kick back to the login screen with a "cannot connect message".  Sounds like your PC and/or ISP to me.

Originally posted by daywalker27

My brand new lap tob = same issue. I tried both WITH and WITHOUT router. So that issue = no.

I got another email from the Blizzard tech, he said it might be a issue with my ISP (WTF?) so I called my ISP up, THE GUY I WAS TALKING TO SAID HE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH A CUSTOMER THAT WEEK. So apparently I checked up on google, and I saw a few people saying that the blizz techs told them to call their isp's (same as me). Anyways, the tech guy at my ISP (who plays WoW also) said it's deff. a problem with Blizzard's servers.

I guess I can't really do much. Useless Bliz Tech and useless game. I'll just cancel my subscription.

At least PWO comes out tommorow.

Edit: Yaren I only have 1 stick of ram. I don't think that's the problem, cause I have played WoW before on this PC like a year ago. And if that's the only thing wrong, why the fuck is my tech guy an idiot.
    So its not your PC or router.. next stop is your ISP, most likley they are blocking WoW (some cheap ISP's block MMO's due to bandwisth) or limiting connections to WoW. change your ISP.

You have ruled the only issue that could possibly be down to blizzard and thats your PC config, now its down to you or your ISP.. so stop blaming blizzard... its clearly out of their control.

It's not my ISP, I have Mediacom, and my friend/neighbor who has it to can play it fine. I also know it's not just Vista, cause I saw people with Macs and Xp not getting it to ork

...It just started working, random. I didn't do anything since last night, and it didn't work last night.

What the hell?

...It just started working, random. I didn't do anything since last night, and it didn't work last night.

What the hell?
    I still think its your ISP, you have ruled out hardware & software errors with a new laptop and install of WoW, you ruled out your router by not using a router, you said your self your friend can connect just fine so its not blizzard servers therefore the blame seems to lay at your ISP.

If you google Mediacom you will see that they block P2P traffic, so its not a step too far to believe they limit the number of WoW connections too.. many ISP's do it.

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007
    Originally posted by cupertino

What the hell?
    I still think its your ISP, you have ruled out hardware & software errors with a new laptop and install of WoW, you ruled out your router by not using a router, you said your self your friend can connect just fine so its not blizzard servers therefore the blame seems to lay at your ISP.

If you google Mediacom you will see that they block P2P traffic, so its not a step too far to believe they limit the number of WoW connections too.. many ISP's do it.

Could be, but it started happening to a lot of people immediately after the patch - the official forums were full of posts about it.  After I patched, I spent about half the day unable to connect, the first time it's ever happened to me. It cleared up on its own.

• gzSmoggzSmog Member Posts: 9

This also happens after a patch because you have millions of people hammering the login server which is different then the servers you play on and if you just waited you would get in kinda like a queue

Carafun go read the whole thread before you post. Seriously, your out of it. And btw the problem just started happening again... weird, I wonder because if it's peak hours, or WoW just likes to be random.

Again I ruled out ISP, for the guy who double posted. My friend has same ISP, so...it can't be ISP. And people on different forums have reported having Comcast also.

If you read the whole topic you'd realize a few other people have had the SAME problem as me... And that the Blizzard Tech forum is scattered with this error across it.

Dur. "Do the math, and remember, reading is fundamental."

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Sorry, but really have to take you to task with that statement, because OF COURSE the ISP tech guy is going to admit that it is a problem with them, isn't he????

So, you are quite willing to accept that your ISP tech support is telling you the whole truth without question, but with all evidence to the contrary you are still convinced that Blizzard are to blame???

I have installed WoW well over 6/7 times (do full rebuilds every once and a while) without incident every time and that is from a set of first release CD's.

You really need to just take some time out and do a full methodical diagnosis, checking all possible causes including other software running in the background, network settings, routers, ISP.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.