Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need to rant abit...

ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

the patch seemed to screw up people's sound bad...i managed to correct mine but  what i did didn't work for others...2 months of testing and they couldn't get the new sound engine correct? pretty lame...meh anyways good luck to any of you who are having sound troubles.

lol blizzards new sound engine will kill wow :P i kid i kid...but it has caused some to cancel their accounts already,until its fixed right.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
- Lewis Thomas

Comments

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

My server hasn't had the patch yet, hope they don't break anything!

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

my sound was fine, CTmod just freaked out for me, things dissappeared (no XP bar, half my skill bars gone), all my things were in different places, i mean patches often change your setup, but i had to completely start over from the ground up....

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

They had to re-write the sound engine to add the VOIP suff, so it wont be 100% perfect on release even after 2 months on PTR, impossible to test every config with 2-3 million western players so some will have issues.

Mods always screw up after major patches, which is a pain on da ass.

VOIP is not live on my realm yet but my sound is fine so far.

• MaddieeMaddiee Member Posts: 43

Oh yes more doomsayer posts.  Now even stooped to the bottom of the barrel and blaming sounds.  Man you people crack me up lol.

The end of wow is here yes the world is going to explode.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by Maddiee

Oh yes more doomsayer posts.  Now even stooped to the bottom of the barrel and blaming sounds.  Man you people crack me up lol.

Wait till you go and read on the official forum about the AH change..... that is end of wow... lol

RIP Orc Choppa

• QSProductionQSProduction Member Posts: 12

do games ever go back to original patches if the new ones mess up? never seen that happen before

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Originally posted by Maddiee

yeah i made a joke about it killing wow off but whatever, it pisses me off that the sound doesn't work properly, they went to an all software driven sound engine which is freaking stupid as far as i'm concerned.  yeah i understand there are gonna be some issues, but for me personally i enjoy the sounds of the games i play and to here it all jacked up and alot of times not hearing anything at all gets annoying, am i gonna quit wow over it, not unless they decide not to fix it and just act like its the players issue.

this is what they used http://www.fmod.org  just found out today, hope they can get it working soon, not like they usually do :P

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883
    Originally posted by QSProduction

do games ever go back to original patches if the new ones mess up? never seen that happen before

neither have i, i doubt blizzard would either, they are pretty stubborn, but on the good news front they posted in the class forums after all these years :P with class change info /yay

- Lewis Thomas