Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

leave rs alone

apothas185apothas185 Member Posts: 66

personaly i hate rs but its a great rpg to start of with just to get the hang of mmo's and when you get bored of it you can switch to world of warcraft or somthing.

the age rating on rs is 13+ but its not good for teenagers i think it should be 6 to 10 years why would teenagers want to play this game they should be playing world of warcraft or gw

Comments

• CrimsonSkullCrimsonSkull Member Posts: 36

I agree with this... but i also think that rs is reaaaaallllyy bad and not worth playing. But i disagree with ur theory of  'getting used to MMOs'. That is pure stupidity, because every MMO is different with different gameplay styles and stuff. You can start on any MMO that u like, you just hav to adjust to it.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

The majority of people on members servers are 15+ and most of the people level 110+ are people over 20 so idk y u r saying its for ages 6 to 10 they wouldnt really understand the game

?

• w00dzmanw00dzman Member Posts: 12

I played RS when I was 8. It was my first MMORPG. I would have the agree with the thread starter its a good first MMORPG. Its got skills you have to grind and Pvp. Yet its a very simple world. If RuneScape had better graphics id play it. I liked the pvp ideas and the skills. The quests were also simple. I just wish it didn't cost $5 to pay for member. I beat all the quests than quit :).

• apothas185apothas185 Member Posts: 66

its easy to understand rs its so simple it even gives u a tutorial

and for people that play rs when theyre over 15 thats just sad

all fantasy mmos are basicaly the same if u grind them down to theyre basics

hang on ive just seen an error in my judgement rs isnt like any other mmos it dosent have any classes or any other playable races so unlike any other mmos all the chars are basicaly the same (exept aperance)

well all i know is before i started rs i had no idea wot ammo was but when i switched to wow i understood it in a flash

• LoupsterLoupster Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by apothas185

its easy to understand rs its so simple it even gives u a tutorial
    and for people that play rs when theyre over 15 thats just sad
    all fantasy mmos are basicaly the same if u grind them down to theyre basics
    hang on ive just seen an error in my judgement rs isnt like any other mmos it dosent have any classes or any other playable races so unlike any other mmos all the chars are basicaly the same (exept aperance)
    well all i know is before i started rs i had no idea wot ammo was but when i switched to wow i understood it in a flash

gota agree, I played rs for like a week and liked it as an online game (on the same level as any other game you'll find on the internet from sites like Newgrounds) but it didn't really give me any grasp of an mmo experience. rs just doesn't compare to what else is out there and it's not much of an intro to the genre either.

-Snowman <- this name was taken.....but I like it more

• BorderPatrolBorderPatrol Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

The majority of people on members servers are 15+ and most of the people level 110+ are people over 20 so idk y u r saying its for ages 6 to 10 they wouldnt really understand the game

Jetson, please don't waste space wtih useless statistics that are probably grossly inaccurate.

Life is hard, so I chose not to have one.

• KaabulkKaabulk Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

I started playing that game when I was like 9... I understood it...

• domaandomaan Member Posts: 18

My first mmo was DAoC when I was in 4th grade, capped 3 chars before switching to guild wars, then to WoW, then finally runescape....

So I didn't start out with RS...

• QSProductionQSProduction Member Posts: 12

in my opinion the game is quite good, otherwise no one would play it.. then again habbo is very popular >_>

i played the game for a year at the age of 13, reaching a sort of overall level of 60 something, probably very pathetic, but thats because i started to get very bored to doing the quests, and trying to get stats up. some quests are very repetative, as in all you have to do is walk back and forwards, and some are extremely innaccurate like the romeo and juliet quest, of course this was to make the game a bit more amusing. some parts of this game can be very fun, others are just a complete pain, but i understand why people still play it... then again maybe its because they havent heard of better free games :). most my mates on that game switched from habbo hotel, because that was the only game they knew. im sure if they saw other games they would go to those, and im not talking about WOW, the people that dont play that game dont either because of the price, or because theyve come to the idea that its too mainstream.

ofcourse i could be absolutely wrong :)

• ironbeardironbeard Member Posts: 67

At first I thought this was another fanboi thread (woooo!) . Thank god. I totally agree with you , about the "getting used to mmo's