Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just a smal question bfor i waste money for retail

since this would b my first time playing gw

do u need factions and first gw installed in your cpu to install nightfall?

in smaller words, is nightfall a patch or complete game wen u by it?

Comments

• CathalaodeCathalaode Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by harshskater

since this would b my first time playing gw
    do u need factions and first gw installed in your cpu to install nightfall?
    in smaller words, is nightfall a patch or complete game wen u by it?

You don't need anything else. It's it's own game.

• xankriegorxankriegor Member UncommonPosts: 49

Factions and Nightfall are stand alone campaigns, you can buy just one and you can play.

However, If you decide to buy GW:EN, you need to have at least one of the available campaigns(Prophecies, Factions, or Nightfall) to be able to play.

• harshskaterharshskater Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by xankriegor

Factions and Nightfall are stand alone campaigns, you can buy just one and you can play.
    However, If you decide to buy GW:EN, you need to have at least one of the available campaigns(Prophecies, Factions, or Nightfall) to be able to play.
    ok man ty

so.....is the game worth playing in general

i heard a few bad things but only from coky frens who prob only played for like 5 min and threw away

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

don't buy its if you played wow or lineage2

i found guildwars pretty crap.. but there pvp is pretty ok but its hard to find decent groups for it GW works with builds.. group builds..

• xankriegorxankriegor Member UncommonPosts: 49

@harshskater: and I would believe your friend tells you something like the last poster said ? :)

Guild Wars is of course not for everyone.

If you don't like grinding, and don't mind the 20-level cap. If you don't want to be too equipment dependant like most other MMOs out there. If you want teamwork and proper usage and combination of skills decides victory or defeat. Then Guild Wars is for you :)

The PvE content of Guild Wars is interesting and quite different from your usual grindfest and collection-quests gallery. Missions and quests in Guild Wars actually makes you progress through the story(which is not as bad as most people say it is :)).

And for PvP, well...this is where Guild Wars truly shines(PvE shines too, mind you...only PvPs brighter :P). Guild Wars offers the most balanced PvP I have ever seen in an MMO. You don't need uber-equips to succeed, you just need teamwork and skill.

But in the end, everything depends on your own judgment. Do some research on Guild Wars system and decide for yourself, "Is this game for me ?".

Some people will say yes, some people will say no. everyone has their choices :)

I hope this helps.

Oh, and if you do decide to play, just contact me if you need any help. My igns are:

Katrina Bloodsteel

Xylas Bloodsteel

Ashenia Bloodsteel