Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neocron in a Nutshell

SazaSaza Member Posts: 8

No names mentioned (as I'm not that type of guy), but I think some people reading this forum will be severely misguided when thinking about choosing Neocron as their next MMORPG. Therefore I will give you the game, with everything a buyer will need to know. This is a review and guide combined into one.

Community

Numero 1, the community is pretty awesome. I have around 50 solid friends on Neocron, and many more aqcuaintances who I converse with often. Even my enemies and I can hold conversations without resorting to insults, which makes the game enjoyable for me.

Numero 2, yes, there is a percentage of assholes. But its like that on any MMORPG. Perhaps the hatred inspired by the way the game works is taken to a personal level, but I try never to take it that far. I, like many of the playerbase, believe that "hatred" should be kept purely at a game level.

Numero 3, noobs are welcomed into the community. A few people might shout "ah! n00b!" and run off, but most will offer money, items, or any other support they can provide to help the new players get on my feet. I myself spent several hundred thousand credits helping a runner, and devoted several hours to showing him the game.

Numero 4, The population, as has been said many times, is low, especially on my server, Pluto. However, it is slowly climbing, and with the return of the infamous NDA, Pluto promises to be the center of action for the upcoming Neocronian months.

ReaKKtor

ReaKKtor are great guys. I myself know one or two, and they are as friendly a company as you could wish for.

However, when it comes to keeping deadlines, they truly do SUCK.

BUT, each of the delays, whether for patches or for B:DoY has been backed up with a valid reason, and I myself disbelieve that KK would even give out these deadlines if they didn't try their hardest to keep them. DoY was promised in April 2003, but take a look when that claim was made. Neocron was only just into retail. They had no idea the playerbase would keep them in constant demand. So it was put back. Development started, slowly, but surely, but they hit another snag.

They had no publisher. Plans for DoY were put on hold, at least as the community knew, and instead kept us happy with the steady trickle of new items and attempts at balance.

But now, with the trailer released ON its deadline, we at the Neocron playerbase truly believe. DoY is coming in September. The preorder is out. We have sneak peeks, screenshots, everything. Its no hoax. DoY is around the corner.

Some other points about KK. Firstly, please try to remember they are a small company. Don't expect the granduer of Sony, but they get the job done in the end. I can probably list all the employees of ReaKKtor. And all of them work their socks off to give us the best game ever.

Secondly, they can come down hard on cheaters and/or exploiters hard when they want to. Only a few weeks ago a multitude of accounts were banned due to this offence. Any wind of an exploit/hack/cheat is immediately followed up.

Thirdly, their support isn't half bad. The longest I have had to wait for a reply is two or three days, over an exploitable matter, and the incident was looked into straight away. Only yesterday I mailed one of the GMs with a request about a self organised event, (pretty low on their priority list, you might think). View these times:

Sent : 

08 July 2004 11:43:36

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 11:33:53 +0000, Sammy Burdock wrote:

Taken directly from the e-mail sent to my hotmail account. 10 minutes was how long it took, and it wasn't an auto responder either.

My friend has also requested a name change for his character, which took only a day or two to process.

Bugs

No doubt about it, Neocron is a buggy place. But to be honest, can you blame KK for that? If they fixed the bugs, people would complain about DoY being put off, if they work hard to get DoY out to us, the bugs remain unfixed. Among the bugs are such fun items as, turning into another character (which is actually quite funny), items in trade being replaced into the inventory, weird graphical lines appearing, and the infamous "green guys" (but that makes you famous, so who can complain image).

But there are the two daddies. The dreaded fatal and synch. As Neocron is made up of many sectors, you cant expect seamless interaction between them. Every 1 in 50 or so (for me at least) zone crossings can either crash the game (fatal, but these can happen at any time) or it will stick you in an endless loading process (synch). People severely overexaggerate the problems with these bugs. Starting up Neocron again takes 10 seconds if you have NeoLauncher Pro (an excellent 3rd party program made by a few of the playerbase of Neocron). However, the trouble sets in if it happens during battles, which is very uncommon. But when it happens it will stick out in your mind above all the other fatals/synchs like a bloody spot.

However, there is one point when synching is common and annoying. The zoneline between PP1/P3. PP1 the entrance to the red light district, guarded by the powerful Tsunami Syndicate. On the other side lies the Plaza, the haven of Neocron's supporters. So clashes are inevitable. With P3 under the watchful eyes of the copbots, fighting takes place right on the zone line of PP1. So you can imagine the game becomes pretty unstable - and who can blame it? With 10 players constantly crossing over this point the server is likely to go bonkers.

The only other issue is lag, but there isnt much to say except it occurs mainly on the populace heavy Saturn, but a decent computer sorts it out in 90% of cases. I never drop below 40 FPS.

Gameplay

Ah, finally. The big mother of them all. Well, to be blunt, gameplay on Neocron is a wonderful experience.

There are four classes, each severely different. The standard average runner, the Private Eye. There is the GenTank, a creation designed for all out war. There is the Spy, the weakest of all classes but also very diverse and masters of technology and tradeskilling. And finally the PSI Monks, who have powerful spells.

There are five main skills. Each class can attain different levels in the skills. The maximum level is 100. With every skill level, 5 free points are given to be distributed in to that skills subskills. Still with me? image

These subskills are possibly the most important part of the game. They decide your setup. One point could make it or break it for your character. People devote months to finding the best setup for them, and most are still tweaking with the changes that come with the patches.

Weapons are a little complex in Neocron, so I'll break it down. You have the following weapons: Pistols; Rifles; Cannons; Melee; APU spells; PPU spells; Droners. The first four of these are further separated into two types, tech and non-tech. Tech guns fire energy or plasma, while non-tech are standard bullets, shells are rockets. All of the types of weapons are again split into many different sub categories, like Ray, Plasma, Laser for the first three. These determine the type of gun, its rate of fire, its damage and so on and so forth. Finally each of these types is split into levels, usually these 4: Level 1; Level 2; Level 3; Rare.

For example, their is a pistol called the Ryker ‘Napalm’ PP_v42. This is the level 3 plasma pistol. Also in the plasma pistol line are the level 1 gun (A&W PP183k Plasma Pistol), the level 2 gun (Plasma Pistol), and the Rare (Judge).

The Rare weapons cannot be bought from any store, and must be sought after through parts obtained from the high level creatures of Neocron.

The classes/weapons are not balanced. Thats an important fact to note. But KK are closer to this goal than they ever have been. Private Eyes can diversify greatly to achieve whatever their player wishes. The rifle spies own the immensly powerful sniper rifles, while pistol spies can use speed to outwit their opponents. Droning spies have also come a long way, now with the ability to aid the fight against PPUs and the fact they do not have to commit their runners body to the battle makes them a handy asset. Tanks have camoflauged armour suits and powerful accurate cannons, while Melee tanks have amazing accuracy and very good damage up close. Aggressive (APU) Monks have spells which cast an area of effect damage, which can be put to great tactical use while their  Passive (PPU) counterparts, are very hard to kill, and have the ability to ressurect dead runners.

APUs are also the nemesis of PPUs, as they have the ability to remove all of the latters protective spells, reducing them to little more than a frail man in a cloak. However PPUs can cast the dreaded Paralysis, which freezes the receiver of the spell so he can move only at a very slow pace. This is the hot topic of balance at the moment, and has been for some time. PPUs and APUs can also intermix, to become Hybrid, meaning they have some defence and some power, but cannot be amazing in either.

PvP in Neocron consists of aiming your chosen weapon, and firing until your opponent is dead. Sound familiar? It should, its the basis of the FPS, the most popular type of computer game ever. Neocron is the first MMORPG to use FPS style combat (although 3rd person is also available if you find that option better.)

Comments

• SazaSaza Member Posts: 8

Next we have the size of the game. Well, its big enough so I can say after a year and 3 months of gameplay I haven't been everywhere. First of all there is the city of Neocron, which has approximately 50-75 sectors, including a city center, faction HQs, the borderline with the wastelands (called the Outzone) the red light district, the hunting sewers. Shops line the streets, and its pretty expansive and makes you feel kinda insignifcant looking up at the tall buildings.

Outside we have the expanse of the wastelands. These hold around 120 sectors, each with their own secrets and things to see, plus many other sub sectors built into them, like levellings spots and other smaller cities, like the eerie blue hallways of TechHaven, the dirty walls of the Mercs Military Base, or the towering canyon of the Twilight Guardian Terrorists.

Each zone falls into one of 4 categories, Safe, Hunting, Anarchy and Warzone. In safe zones no weapons can be pulled out, and runners are free to sit in safety. Hunting zones are (obviously) where runners hunt, and killing any other runner results in a hit to your soullight (a measure of how good you are) and Faction Sympathy of the faction you killed. Anarchy zones are the most common type of zone, where any runner that is an enemy can be killed with no consequences, but killing friendly or neutral will result in a soullight loss. Warzones are pandemonium, where anything goes and there are no consequences for killing even your own faction.

This is the final major element of the game. Factions. There are 12 playable factions, all of which have different enemies and friends, and all have their own story, pros and cons.

The other element I touched on, soullight, is possibly the worst part of the game. It is a very weird, random, and screwed up system, with a huge soullight loss even for the most benevolent of runners who performed one wrong act. If your soullight becomes to low, you become outlawed from Neocron, shot on sight by any of the city's guards, and registered under the terroirst listing on the information network on Neocron, the city com.

The Neocron World isn't huge, but it's no anthill neither. It will take an average runner an hour to cross on foot, half an hour by vehicle. And thats from one side of the wastelands to the other. Mapping out the entire world can take several hours, even on the fast hoverbikes, especially with the many dangers that threaten runners in the wastelands.

These dangers mainly consist of the mobs. They are creatures mutated or created, which serve to kill anyone that comes to close to their chosen territory. These vary from the towering insane Warbots to the the immensely powerful Flame Queens. Killing these creatures is the most effective method of levelling a character. The higher end creatures could prove a challenge for even capped runners though, promoting team hunting parties.

The other dangers are, apart from enemy runners, enemy faction NPCs. Both the Guardians and the Angels have a large security perimeter of guards or sentries, protecting their home from invaders. Dome of York has also commited a huge number of forces to their war on Neocron, but the march of DoY bots (aptly named Johnny 5's) has been halted by the most powerful units Neocron has to offer as its defence, the Elite STORM Bots. The battles between the two cities units is spectacular, unless your runner is spotted by his enemy, and the fire might turn to him.

Death in Neocron is handled quite well. Once you are dead your body is left lying on the ground. A PPU can ressurect you, to join the battle once again but with slightly less health. If this option is not available, the runner can teleport to a GenRep. From here he can recover all of his items, save one which he lost in his belt (unless he died in a warzone - no belts drop here.) You can drop more than one item if you have low soullight. One item, placed in the 1st slot of the runners quickbelt, can never be lost, unless your soullight is low. Some runners take advantage of this, and ressurect the dead person, only to kill him again to make him drop another item. I don't reccomend going AFK while in an unsafe zone.

Scattered through the maps are the GenReps, which provide a fast if dangerous method of transport. A runner can teleport from one GR to another, but on arrving his skills are reduced and he is vunerable to attack from runners. The only option is to teleport away from the area quickly.

The other two objects found throughout the world are the GoGuardians and the Citycoms. The GoGuardians (or Gogos) are an inventory system which can store a large number of items. These items can be retreived from any other GoGuardian in Neocron. Citycoms are the information network, listing all runners, clans, providing forums, even an ingame e-mail system. Missions can also be accepted here, allowing runners to gain sympathy with the faction they are running the mission for.

Runners can also own apartments, which allow storage of items and a safe place for the runner and his friend to chill out in. The apartments differ greatly, but all have some use.

It is true that few vehicles are used extensively, but some of the more common ones include the Hoverbike, a single seater craft used mainly for wasteland exploration, the Scorpian Trike, with a very powerful rocket launcher used for assaults on enemy territory, or defending your own from attackers, and finally the Rhino Tank, which has a powerful cannon and is used to aid Outposts fights.

Now people have said there are no goals in Neocron, but that isn't true. The beauty of the game is you have to set your own goals. For example, I have set out to become reknowned as the best/most famous pistol spy on the Pluto Server. I have methodically fought many opponents (mainly losing), in an attempt to make it a reality. Its a lot of fun, and its something I don't have to rely on other people for. Other sole-runner goals include: becoming an infamous pker; owning a large number of rare items/weapons; or become a famous tradeskiller.

Every faction has their own epic run, save the anti-city factions, but these will be implemented with DoY. Completing the epic run provides the runner with a valuable reward which suits the faction - for example Diamond Real Estate gives a spacious apartment for storage of many items. Once the epic has been completed the runner can then set up his own clan within the faction.

Clan goals can also differ widely. A few clans are formed to aid new runners or to train them, and some are for tradeskillers only. Most, however, uphold their faction and fight against their enemies, be it within the walls of Neocron or within the Outposts of the wastelands.

The outposts are large complexes which provide an income for its owners, and a skill bonus when runners stand in the outpost. The outposts also provide a Genrep and Gogo. The settings of the GenRep can be changed to suit the will of the clan. Turrets can also be placed to guard the outpost from attack, but if the outpost is hacked the turrets will switch sides to the new owners. Battles that take place at outposts can be very fun if the clans fight fairly, as it requires a lot of strategic planning to execute a decent fight.

Roleplay

Roleplay is not dead on Neocron. People roleplay everyday when they attack faction enemies, quoting the old phrase "red is dead". A red runner is an enemy, so he should be killed in the name of your faction, hence roleplay. Tradeskilling is taking on a role, as is taking outposts. Yes its not pure roleplay, but even that isn't completely gone. It isn't very common, but Phoenix Ltd. for one are amazing roleplayers, selling guns, vehicles and other items to the Neocron population. Some people roleplay on their own too, but it isnt an essential part of Neocron.

Neocron is more of an FPS than and RPG, true, but it still has enough RPG overtones to make Roleplay possible. (I even know of two people that got married in-game, which was intresting as I believed I was currently engaged to the brideimage.)

Conclusion

Neocron is a great game. It has style, it has a good mix of FPS/RPG, it has a good if small company running the game and the content is varied enough to keep people intrested for years. A lot of people have left, yes, but that is mainly due to the delay of certain features, only occasionaly is there a leaving thread stating the player is bored with the game. More than half the people that leave come back, after they realise there is no other MMORPG like Neocron out there. As it states in PC Gamer "Neocron is the grittiest MMORPG you've ever seen."

So please, when you read negative comments about the game, please check this before believing it.

And I'm bound to have made mistakes in that post, so if you see any, point 'em out quick so I can correct them.

Thanks for taking the time to read the post.

Try out the 10 day free trial. If you join the Pluto server, give my character (Saza) a call. I am always happy to help new runners.

Cheers guys.

Teh Saza.

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88
    nice post man

Originally posted by ezza
    nice post man

Hehe, cheers man. Took bloody long enough image.

You can't have read it all though, I'm still going through it checking for errors image. (What can I say, I'm a pefectionist.)

• Celt0rCelt0r Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by Saza

Originally posted by ezza
    nice post man

Hehe, cheers man. Took bloody long enough image.

You can't have read it all though, I'm still going through it checking for errors image. (What can I say, I'm a pefectionist.)

You are the anti-beatbox

• DargeshaadDargeshaad Member Posts: 1

So please, when you read negative comments about the game, please check this before believing it.

Rephrased:

So please, when you read negative comments about the game, please check this sugarcoating of the game before believing it.

• cyphorcyphor Member UncommonPosts: 131

Originally posted by Dargeshaad
    So please, when you read negative comments about the game, please check this sugarcoating of the game before believing it.

::::12:: He criticizes the game on many points, the difference is his criticisms are fair and based on facts. Great post and great review of the game.

Originally posted by Dargeshaad

Rephrased:

It's not sugarcoating, its describing the game in its basic form with an analysis of each part. Some parts I have said are negative - not very many, but elements I believe take away from the overall experience. But this is my honest feelings on the game, and I do believe many feel the same. Don't pass me off as a "fan boi" so my comments should be disregarded.

I'm happy to argue the point.

• Ice_Ice_ Member Posts: 13
    Yep, great posts. image

/Ice_

/Ice_

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

lol i had about 9 mins to read it though after you posted it, i must of logged here right after you posted image

Dargeshaad , i dont really think its sugar coated.

ok maybe a little biased towards pro neocron, but then, sasa, like me still after all this time enjoy the game.

you still got active account so i presume you still also enjoy the game(plz correct me if i assume wrong)

i think the post is well though out, and i dont think he is the opposite to beatbox, he critisizes out of malcontent, his only wish is to destroy the gameimage

umm was gonna post more but forgot what i was gonna say so ill leave it at thatimage

Originally posted by Celt0r

You are the anti-beatbox

No names mentioned

Community:

#1 Agree, although I wouldnt say the community is exceptionally better(or worse) then any other.

#2 Agree

#3 Disagree, there are nice helpful players out there, but most people dont care, and a few will be assholes.

#4 Disagree, have seen no evidence that the pop is climbing. 3 NDA, who no-one on other servers will even know about doesnt constitute a rise on all server.

Reakktor:

#1 No delay so far has been backed up by a valid reason, at least that I can remember.

"We have decided to add MORE to doy, so it is delayed another 6 months" is not a valid reason.

[quote]

Some other points about KK. Firstly, please try to remember they are a small company. Don't expect the granduer of Sony, but they get the job done in the end. I can probably list all the employees of ReaKKtor. And all of them work their socks off to give us the best game ever.[/quote]

Does any company not "work their socks off" to their fans?

[quote]

Secondly, they can come down hard on cheaters and/or exploiters hard when they want to. Only a few weeks ago a multitude of accounts were banned due to this offence. Any wind of an exploit/hack/cheat is immediately followed up.[/quote]

List another time they came down hard on cheaters/exploiters.

[quote]

Thirdly, their support isn't half bad. The longest I have had to wait for a reply is two or three days, over an exploitable matter, and the incident was looked into straight away. Only yesterday I mailed one of the GMs with a request about a self organised event, (pretty low on their priority list, you might think). View these times:[/quote]

Their support is unhelpful, inadequate and just plain rude oftentimes.

My brother's backpack was deleted, every pieces of armour, implant that dropped, rare and epic was deleted.

Response? Not even 100k.

Uranus had an appartment bug where appartment contents were randomly deleted.

3 months later I log in and check my rares aptm, 10 cabs full of built rares gone, and support insisted they could not verify it and restore it from a backup.

I could go on, but I havent once received a response that actually helped.

[quote]

No doubt about it, Neocron is a buggy place. But to be honest, can you blame KK for that? If they fixed the bugs, people would complain about DoY being put off, if they work hard to get DoY out to us, the bugs remain unfixed. Among the bugs are such fun items as, turning into another character (which is actually quite funny), items in trade being replaced into the inventory, weird graphical lines appearing, and the infamous "green guys" (but that makes you famous, so who can complain image).[/quote]

WE CANT BLAME REAKKTOR FOR THE GAME BEING BUGGY? WHAT THE ****?

What the hell is that, it's our fault they built the game, tested it, and released it with FRE's, synch bug, numerous exploits still in?(FRE and synch bug been in since at least early beta, there goes the DOY excuse.)

[quote]So you can imagine the game becomes pretty unstable - and who can blame it? With 10 players constantly crossing over this point the server is likely to go bonkers.[/quote]

Err, an mmo cant handle 10 people zoning, AND NO-ONE CAN BLAME IT?

It's meant to be massively multiplayer, but it cant even handle a small CS server?

[quote]

The only other issue is lag, but there isnt much to say except it occurs mainly on the populace heavy Saturn, but a decent computer sorts it out in 90% of cases. I never drop below 40 FPS[/quote]

Athlon 3200 xp, radeon 9800, 1gb pc 433 ram, sb2 audigy soundcard <- whats not good about that? And I drop to 10 fps in battles.

[quote]First of all there is the city of Neocron, which has approximately 50-75 sectors, including a city center, faction HQs, the borderline with the wastelands (called the Outzone) the red light district, the hunting sewers.[/quote]

Pity only 3 are used :(

p1,p2,pp1

[quote]The outposts are large complexes[/quote]

Err...

[quote]More than half the people that leave come back, after they realise there is no other MMORPG like Neocron out there.[/quote]

Thats total crap, out of a 180person clan on uranus that existed in feb 2003, exactly 4 still play.

Out of 90 person clan that existed in jan 2003, 3 still play.

Out of a 25 person clan that existed in feb 2004, 4 still play.

Out of 5 friends I convinced to try neocron, zero still play.

Cannae be arsed to quote everything in the right place, I'll just answer to it.

About the new players, well thats how its always been on Pluto. If a new runner asks for help people will try their best to help him. If he specifically asks a person for help few will refuse.

The player count averages higher than it used to. I rarely see it under 50.

Every delay had a reason. I can't remember posts on the forums reading "We have delayed DoY again. Sorry." It was slightly more in depth than that.

KK work hard to create a game which is up to the standard of any of the top MMO's out there, but ReaKKtor are a small company. Thats the difference.

About cheaters/exploiters - ever heard of Fenix's belt of Zargeus? Need I say more?

I have never mailed support and been brushed off. Every time I have received help and a positive answer to my query way sooner than I had expected. Favouritsm? Don't think so somehow.

No. Don't blame KK for the bugs. Its unfair that you dislike them for the bugs AND the fact DoY isnt released. They aren't omnipotent. Codi doesnt have 60 hands. Its either a long wait for DoY, or a buggy game. And they have a fresh start with DoY, maybe the server will run clean as a whistle, who knows? Just wait and see. But ask for bug fixes know and expect to see another DoY delay. Reason: "Due to the community asking for a number of bux fixes we have endeavoured...." Oh, and if you haven't noticed, ocassionaly KK do make server changes and bug fixes, and in the majority of cases there are less FREs/synchs. I have no doubt if KK had continued to concentrate their efforts on fixing these bugs they would be almost non existant, but they have become busy with other projects (e.g. DoY, implementing new things etc.)

PP issues: The fact is the people are zoning constantly. You try making a game where crashes are non existent when 10 people are running back and forth acorss the same point. And if there is a game like that then please gimme a movie. And like I said, you only remember the times when it happens, the 90% of times when I run across the zoneline and all is fine disappear into the depths of my mind. But getting killed, oh yes, I remember that. What I don't do is hold against KK that I died cuz something went wrong once, when it usually works fine.

Wow. Exactly same specs as me. Weird. Lowest I've had since my CPU was upgraded to 3200 was 30 FPS at an event. Steady 40 FPS in fights.

Very true, only 3 zones are used. But its still a big place which can be explored. Unless you think it'd be better if they removed all other zones?

The outposts are quite large in content, not just size. They have a spacious underground, generally a large upper area, and then youve got shopkeepers, the hackroom, the scaleable buildings allowing for tactical positions...

There's a difference between going inactive and leaving. Going inactive mean your intrest slowly trickles away. You don't leave because of one thing, you just don't feel like playing the game. This is perfectly natural, it happens with all games that people play. People who post leaving threads tend to do it because something has upset them, causing them to cancel their account. Eventually some realise this was a mistake, as the incident in question has either been rectified or it pales in comparison to the lure of Neocrack. I can't believe these clan people all up and left at the same time, making leaving threads. The boards would be swamped with them. No, I bet they lost intrest slowly, hence going inactive. Not leaving.

Good post Celt0r. Raised a lot of intresting points. But still I think you are giving the game far too much stick.

Cannae be arsed to quote everything in the right place, I'll just answer to it.
    About the new players, well thats how its always been on Pluto. If a new runner asks for help people will try their best to help him. If he specifically asks a person for help few will refuse.
    The player count averages higher than it used to. I rarely see it under 50.[/quote]
    Very pluto-centric opinion though :(

Every delay had a reason. I can't remember posts on the forums reading "We have delayed DoY again. Sorry." It was slightly more in depth than that.
    http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=96643(wheres the reason?)
    http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190(where's the reason?)

Delaying the pre-order page:
    http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=94032(delayed so he could get a better price? He just decided to do that at the LAST POSSIBLE MOMENT?)

Every other delay announcement has beel deleted.

KK work hard to create a game which is up to the standard of any of the top MMO's out there, but ReaKKtor are a small company. Thats the difference.
    But it ISNT, I've tried eq, ac2, eve, planetside, not one had anything like FRE's or synch bug.

About cheaters/exploiters - ever heard of Fenix's belt of Zargeus? Need I say more?
    Yes because I dont play pluto, like approx 85% of all neocron players.

I have never mailed support and been brushed off. Every time I have received help and a positive answer to my query way sooner than I had expected. Favouritsm? Don't think so somehow.
    Two words:
    Stephan Bast

No. Don't blame KK for the bugs. Its unfair that you dislike them for the bugs AND the fact DoY isnt released.
    Lets see....
    Bugs existed: 2 years
    DoY Delayed: 19 months

So they've been doing neither?

It is absolutely inexcusable that game crippling bugs still exist.

Full stop.

They aren't omnipotent. Codi doesnt have 60 hands. Its either a long wait for DoY, or a buggy game.
    It's already been a long wait :)
    And it's still a buggy game :)

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, ocassionaly KK do make server changes and bug fixes, and in the majority of cases there are less FREs/synchs.
    Dont you mean minority?
    I see as many(or more) posts asking "did KK make people FRE more last patch".
    Not once have I seen someone post "I no longer FRE since last patch!"

PP issues: The fact is the people are zoning constantly. You try making a game where crashes are non existent when 10 people are running back and forth acorss the same point.
    Um.... planetside? eve-online? counterstrike? raven shield? any fps ever?

The outposts are quite large in content, not just size. They have a spacious underground, generally a large upper area, and then youve got shopkeepers, the hackroom, the scaleable buildings allowing for tactical positions...
    You have no idea how wrong you are until you see an outpost in Planetside.
    phwoar

There's a difference between going inactive and leaving. Going inactive mean your intrest slowly trickles away. You don't leave because of one thing, you just don't feel like playing the game. This is perfectly natural, it happens with all games that people play.
    You realise most players dont use the forums, right?

I can't believe these clan people all up and left at the same time, making leaving threads.
    60% all left at the same time, because of racism/gm abuse in game.

A goodly amount went to PS, and then went on to SWG(where they are to this day)

• GaneshaBEGaneshaBE Member Posts: 6

Played PS and SWG true none had synch bug they had FRE (tho far less often) but both had crashes tho it were "chrash to desktop" . same problem different name.

What you say in 2 years no bug have been fixed. Either is sence a lie hear or your words are put to black white.

So noone got banned for cheating/eploiting before the massive ban action. Don't remember if it was you or someone else who told both 2 full clans on uranus being banned for exploitin. Again some truth but to black white.

About the non replacement of lost items. if you play that long you should know they used to replace the missing items. Again this was stopped because of a few abuser (they have been banned to). So don't blame KK to take precaution. If a char is lost the char is replaced aint it (truth all items are removed to avoid exploitation).

So Your experience with custommer support is the only true one. I will not say you had a positive answer or even a polite one. But my experience with support of KK is lets say average. Tho not the best around certainly not the worst neither. i say that out of my experience with EA support or even worse Sony.

True you never red a post KK i crash less. Sorry but thats logic Human nature tends to be that way never express good thing only the bad. sry but your post and even beatbox his posts prove that fact. if you played the game so long it can't be all that bad Agree it could be better.

More could be said but what would it change.

Ganesha AkA Reddog

[quote]Originally posted by GaneshaBE
    [b]Played PS and SWG true none had synch bug they had FRE (tho far less often) but both had crashes tho it were "chrash to desktop" . same problem different name.[/quote]
    not ctd'd once in either.

[uote]What you say in 2 years no bug have been fixed. Either is sence a lie hear or your words are put to black white. [/quote]
    What I said is in two years, the biggest bugs that have existed since beta have not been fixed.

Tell me the untruth in that?

So noone got banned for cheating/eploiting before the massive ban action. Don't remember if it was you or someone else who told both 2 full clans on uranus being banned for exploitin. Again some truth but to black white.
    Which clans on uranus?
    The two biggest exploiting clans still exist(uts and synchs)

About the non replacement of lost items. if you play that long you should know they used to replace the missing items. Again this was stopped because of a few abuser (they have been banned to). So don't blame KK to take precaution. If a char is lost the char is replaced aint it (truth all items are removed to avoid exploitation).
    Been playing since jan2003, policy existed - since before jan2003.

So Your experience with custommer support is the only true one.
    No, my experience with customer support is MY true one, like saza's is his true one.

True you never red a post KK i crash less. Sorry but thats logic Human nature tends to be that way never express good thing only the bad. sry but your post and even beatbox his posts prove that fact.
    That "logic" doesnt apply to neocron.
    If you think it does, just look at all the people who have come over here for nothing but to bash beatbox and praise KK.

The first one of those threads doesn't need a reason, its actually giving us a proper date. They haven't delayed if you read it, they are giving us an exact date. Do they need a reason for that?

The second one is a DoY planfile. WAIT A SECOND! Why does the planfile need a reason? It doesn't even state there has been a delay. In fact it gives us a time, which KK have kept to far.

Onh0z! The preorder was put back image. So? He's trying to get us is cheaper, he said it would take only a few days, and boom! March the 23rd was when the preorder was released, 8 days after MJS gave the date. 8 days. Yes he left it to a bit late to point it out, but hardly anybody cared, he gave a valid reason, and perhaps he had been busy trying to sort the pre-order out? Or only recieved the news that the preorder had to be delayed on the day of the preorder?

Celt0r, its been proven time and time and time again, synch bugs and FREs are mainly due to firewalls, which cause a bad connection in Neocron. (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/477/loadthread/15271/setstart/1/loadclass/157) KK have done a lot to try and solve this problem, but there isn't much they can do when its mainly a non-serverside problem. For example, Darkservent was having a conversation with another guy yesterday, and he NEVER FREs. That because he opened up a few ports and it runs lovely. So these bugs aren't something KK can fix with a few lines of code, unless you expect them to dispatch the hundreds of people to all our computers and solve it for us? I can't see Sony doing that, let alone ReaKKtor.

And I have absoulte proof that it can't be a fault of KK that we have these bugs. How come some people have them, and others don't? If it's KK's fault, then shouldn't everyone have these bugs? Hmmmmm?

Fenix owned a belt. Called the belt of Zargeus. There was only one on Pluto, it was his. One day he logged on, DUN DUN DUUUUN, its gone. So he asks for an inquiry. A day later, KK have tracked the item (wow, non existent tracking system eh? image) and boom, someone is insta banned.

Most people I know never have trouble with support.

Yes, we've had a long wait for the expansion, and yes the game is still buggy. But KK have been busy trying to balance the game, introduce new items, make new maps, sort out bugs they can DEFINATELY fix, etc. etc.  They are a small company. Don't expect them to  be able to do all this and fix these elusive bugs.

And the logic applies EVERYWHERE Celt0r. I've said it before, you don't remember the time when you FRE and it doesn't matter, but you do remember the time when it matters, even though this isn't often. If the bugs get worse you notice it, and complain. But most people feel no need to write out a post saying "OMG! Great bug fixes!". Nah, if something doesn't go their way, they will make sure the world knows about it ASAP. If everything is fine then they just get on playing the game. What's the point in telling KK that the bug fixes have made an improvement? Human psychology.

Oh I agree, outposts in Planetside are pretty big. But since when did we start talking about Planetside? I'm pointing out that outposts on Neocron are pretty big, they have a lot of tactical elements to consider, like where the vunerable entrances are, where the attackers will be coming from, where's the best place to barrel, etc. etc.

Most players don't use the forums, but how many of these people made some sort of announcement they were leaving? Or said "this game is shit, I'm going" to all their mates? Probably very few. Most of these people you mentioned probably never decided to leave, the game just didn't appeal to them anymore, or other games appealed more. That's not the fault of Neocron, its typical of every game.

Oh and I see you decided to neglect to comment on my statement saying it was a good post. Accident I'm sure...

• ReezReez Member Posts: 13

"Fenix owned a belt. Called the belt of Zargeus. There was only one on Pluto, it was his. One day he logged on, DUN DUN DUUUUN, its gone. So he asks for an inquiry. A day later, KK have tracked the item (wow, non existent tracking system eh? image) and boom, someone is insta banned."

So they have one but they lie to us when we ask for our items..... wow thanks i always thought they genuinly didn't track items which is why they couldn't replace them instead we get 100k nice to know they track items but use it when it's convenient to them and shit on the rest of us.

"Most players don't use the forums, but how many of these people made some sort of announcement they were leaving? Or said "this game is shit, I'm going" to all their mates? Probably very few. Most of these people you mentioned probably never decided to leave, the game just didn't appeal to them anymore, or other games appealed more. That's not the fault of Neocron, its typical of every game. "

I know a-lot who quit because there chars were nerfed (balance i could agree but they werent balanced they were made impossible to play and forced a pure spec) now these people spent a-lot of time working on their chars so why did it hurt to balance them rather than rip them out completely? I also know a few who couldn't handle synchs/fres cuz it took them longer to log on than others. Also my clan quit because we were personally targeted by a massive alliance of various clans for no real reason other than to get us of the server, we complained to me it was like racism etc and got deal with it... wooo great deal with it, 10 pvpers vs 50pvpers... gg soon as we split a good majority of our players plain left, not even a server change just left because of that kind of bs.

People announced they were leaving without posting by generally standing in plaza shouting "Throwing rares in p1 above medi" "why?" "because i am leaving nc" "why it will be sad to see you go" "<insert reason> Some people asked why they can't get important info out of the city com and why they are forced to join a forum to find game important stuff out.

I can't see much happenin with it if isn't advertised, i ask people i play bf1942 with if they know about neocron and they are like nope or yeah i was told it was this that and the other, i dunno to me it always seems like kk want to destroy things that are already good sometimes i wonder where they themselves want nc to go. E.g They nerfed para nicely, suddenly pvp was fast action paced, no freezer wars, next patch hp increased to uber stun and role on the ppu army, so now that was nerfed peeps just use lesser tl shocks for the same effect or let the melee tanks freeze every single runner in a team without a mana cost.

Don't get me wrong i enjoy playing where i play etc, it's just a-lot of bad shit constantly happens which is always pushing me towards the other game but i stay in hope it becomes what it should, i just dislike when it's always the "We get no fatals" yes maybe you don't but for some it's still a game crippiling bug which they don't get much help with apart from "HAH i dont get fre your pc suck haha" wow great cheers.

I used to have so many braincells, but forum posting has killed a-lot of them.

I used to have so many braincells, but forum posting has killed a-lot of them.

AFAIK only certain items are tracked... But they do have a system, but think of the time/effort involved having to make a system which tracks EVERY item.

snip

Burden of proof is on you to show where KK gave a good reason to delay.

You havent.

as for fre/synchs:

There has never, not once, been shown a link between sufferes pc's, configuration, software, location, ISP, ANYTHING.
    That is why it is KK's fault.
    I have the same router as the person you mentioned, I opened up the ports day 1, tried DMZ'ing, nothing helped, not even removing it altogether.
    Posting 1 link isnt conclusive evidence.

As for fenix's belt, KK do not have a logging/tracking system, they will say this themselves.

Since the belt was a one of item, they opened the database, went to the line that contained people who owned this, and seen who currently had it.
    That isnt a tracking system, as you would know if you had any intention of presenting a view of neocron based on reality.

Outposts are tiny, it takes 4 or 5 seconds to run from side to side, they all(cept soliko) have multiple undefendable entrances, and as always pvp devolves into a mob of 1v1's.

As for the people I know quitting, it is extremely insulting to insist you know why and how they quit
    They were my clanmates, that I knew inside and outside the game, I am fully aware why almost all them quit.

As is reez.

If you make a post that is attempting to do anything but make every bad feature of neocron look good, and every good feature look even better, I will compliment you.

AFAIK only certain items are tracked... But they do have a system, but think of the time/effort involved having to make a system which tracks EVERY item.
    eve-online does it, and it has 10times the population on one server.

• cyphorcyphor Member UncommonPosts: 131

[quote]Originally posted by Celt0r
    [b][quote]Originally posted by GaneshaBE
    [b]Played PS and SWG true none had synch bug they had FRE (tho far less often) but both had crashes tho it were "chrash to desktop" . same problem different name.[/quote]

not ctd'd once in either.

[/b][/quote]

Well i rarely have probs with nc, different systems have diff probs...

• GentyGenty Member Posts: 43

eve-online does it, and it has 10times the population on one server.

Yeah but Eve only has one (proper) server. Also the game is a little less complex, point a click game which is easy for servers to handle what goes on.

Originally posted by Genty

eve-online does it, and it has 10times the population on one server.Yeah but Eve only has one (proper) server. Also the game is a little less complex, point a click game which is easy for servers to handle what goes on.

Neocron cant handle 600 people on one server, eve handles 10000.

While it's point and click, you can move to ANYWHERE within metres of a ~150-~200 AU sphere(1 Astronomical Unit = 149 598 000 000 meters)

Dont even think of rubbishing eve until you actually know just how much it has to calculate

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

You do realise that eve and neocron dont even compare....?

They are completly different types of games....

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • GentyGenty Member Posts: 43

Neocron cant handle 600 people on one server, eve handles 10000.

While it's point and click, you can move to ANYWHERE within metres of a ~150-~200 AU sphere(1 Astronomical Unit = 149 598 000 000 meters)

Dont even think of rubbishing eve until you actually know just how much it has to calculate

I never claimed Neocron could handle 600 people, currently anyway, as for eve handling 10000, it may do but i have currently not seen more than 8000.

99% of EVE is just...nothing, you can go through planets and space stations like they don't exist. EVE is a pritty game and I suppose on some levels it can be enjoyable, however gameplay wise it is not on the same level as Neocron.

Also...where did i rubbish EVE?.....Just saying it is simple...which it is.