Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noob questions

SidarkunSidarkun Member Posts: 60

I made another topic in here regardin grouping, but the answers only spawned more questions,so i've compiled most of them here. If you hate WoW with all your heart and soul, you better turn around again, cause im gonna use WoW as a reference, because thats what i'm used to playing.

1) Is there something like Instances? Like DM, SM, UBRS etc? Where you have small teams.

2) Is there something like raiding, with big raids? (Gruuls lair, SSC, TK)

3) Is there anything like raid progress? (MC->BWL->AQ40->NAXX)

4) Is there something like elite/group quests?

5) What is the equialant of Phat lewt and/or Epix? (No not epic whore, just wanna know about itemization)

6) Is PvP open world (South shore, barrens battles ftw) or is it battlegrounds (AB, AV etc) or maybe both options?

7) Is there rep grinding?

8) Any honor system of any kind?

That was it for now. Hope you understand where im going with my questiongs.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270

Originally posted by Sidarkun

I made another topic in here regardin grouping, but the answers only spawned more questions,so i've compiled most of them here. If you hate WoW with all your heart and soul, you better turn around again, cause im gonna use WoW as a reference, because thats what i'm used to playing.
    1) Is there something like Instances? Like DM, SM, UBRS etc? Where you have small teams.
    5) What is the equialant of Phat lewt and/or Epix? (No not epic whore, just wanna know about itemization)
    6) Is PvP open world (South shore, barrens battles ftw) or is it battlegrounds (AB, AV etc) or maybe both options?

That was it for now. Hope you understand where im going with my questiongs.

Thanks in advance.

To compare with WoW would be very wrong but.

1) You got complexes that can be compared to instances only that at complexes everybody can turn up, even people who want to gank you.

2) Raiding in the sence of WoW ... no, but there can be huntingparties where you go low-sec or 0.0 to hunt down people like Pirates or if you are a pirate you can hunt down anybody else.

Also at complexes there might be the ones that are big enough where you got to be more than just one.

3) No

4) No, not really... there are some named NPC that are harder than normal NPC... I suppose.

5) T2 equipment (made by players), some named stuff from the 0.0 areas dropped by NPC.

6) Barrens is not open pvp, neither are Shoutshore but places like Hillsbrad and STV are open pvp areas... in EVE, you got security systems like 1.0 to 0.5 are safe areas but you can still attack people there but concord will come and protect you unless you are at war or flagged to the person. from 0.4 to 0.1 are so called Low-Sec areas where you can attack anybody, there is no concord to help you here and you will get a security loss if you do so to a target that is none criminal.

At 0.0 there is no rules...

7) yes... well no, but still yes... you can get faction reputation by killing various NPC, also if you are to do missions (quests) to agents you need to get up your reputation to that faction...

However all training goes real-time and you need to wait for minutes, hours and days to finish various training... (depends on what you train for).

You buy a skillbook, train it and it goes from lvl 1 to 5.

8) no, some claims killboards are a sort of honorsystem but it is flawed as it require people to send in their kills... and some kills shuttles and low priority targets to fill their killboards.

EDIT: sorry said Southshore is not open pvp but it is... as it is in Hillsbrad... but you catch the drift.

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298

To answer your questions directly...

1. Yes, they are called Deadspace Complexes and are rated on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 behing the hardest.

2. What Arcticblue said...

3. Not generally no.  There are some Missions that scale up to a "Boss" but thats about it.

4. No.  Elite would be 10/10 plexes or lvl 5 missions.

5. Officer loot would be the equivilent to Epic. 

6. Pvp is all open world style.  Actually, every where you go you can be killed however, there are places with higher Security areas which decrease your chances of getting killed.  Example would be High Sec. or 1.0 to 0.5 security systems you are generally safe and 95% of the time you are ok unless you are carring extremely valuable stuff (like officer loot :) then you may be suicide ganked.  CONCORD is the "Police" force the high sec systems and they usually protect you in High Sec.  Systems with a 0.4 to 0.1 are Low Sec. and you have no protection from CONCORD therefore you can and are likely to get killed.  0.0 is deep space and you have zero protection. 

7. There is rep grinding but its not necessary.  Is called "Security rating" and its based off the 4 main factions and some other NPC factions.

8.  Nope.  The only "Honor" system is the honor you show on the battlefield.

Edit: I realize Arcticblue covered most of what I said but meh...

• bobbiacbobbiac Member UncommonPosts: 8

Sorta? No actual intancing occurs. If you are online, anyone that is online can "reach out and touch you" as it were.

Fleet battles? I mean 400+ people in a zone contitutes a raid right?

Define "progress." That question can be veiwed in many ways. Complexes for from killing stuff on your free frigate  (level 1 'plex) to omgwtfbbq (level 4ish COSMOS)

There are volunteer events that are done by CCP that span many months of confrontations, logistics, and planning.

Officer Mods. Tech 2 would be low "purple" iirc. Named is blue and Tech 1 manu is green/grey.

You will gank. You will be ganked. There will be much smack. (IE: If you can see a player you can shoot them. Just watch out for the FEDs in high security areas.)

Sorta. Missions (quests, sorta like dailies afaik how WoW works) will net you corp standing with the corporation of the agent you accept the mission for. completely optional.

Standings. most multi-guild orinizations have a nbsi policy. (not blue shoot it.) If you come around to a place you are not wanted, there will much pain and sorrow. Standinds are set by players on a personal, corp (guild), or alliance (muilti-guild, like raid coalitions) level.