Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

on 360?

For some reason I was under the impression that this game would be released on xbox as well as PC but I cant seem to confirm that anywhere.

playing: darkfall
waiting: earthrise

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by Teganx

For some reason I was under the impression that this game would be released on xbox as well as PC but I cant seem to confirm that anywhere.

Xbox360 version will come out few months after the PC version launches.

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

Confirmed.

• TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401

playing: darkfall
    waiting: earthrise

• m1rkom1rko Member Posts: 37

Will people that play on xbox 360 be able to play with the people that play on PC... or will there be seperate servers for each?

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by m1rko

Will people that play on xbox 360 be able to play with the people that play on PC... or will there be seperate servers for each?

We dunno yet Mirko :( There is still alot of debating going on the official forums, and the developers havent reached at stage whether they know themselves yet.

• YukkioneYukkione Member Posts: 618

most specualtion on that would be a no, they wont play the same servers. But who know's. I personally think it would be a bad idea. I have both pc and 360 but will be playing on PC for the simple fact that easy text and voice will be usable, whereas the 360 will mostly be voice of some fashion.

• m1rkom1rko Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Yukkione

most specualtion on that would be a no, they wont play the same servers. But who know's. I personally think it would be a bad idea. I have both pc and 360 but will be playing on PC for the simple fact that easy text and voice will be usable, whereas the 360 will mostly be voice of some fashion.

Doh! That would be cool.  I mean you can easily hook up a USB keyboard to the 360, and they are coming out with that mini keyboard that hooks onto the bottom of the controller.  Even so I will be playing on the PC also... I can't really imagine playing an MMO on the 360 for some reason.. FPS yes.. MMOs no.  It's just not natural.  And I don't think my fiance would appreicate me hoggin the tv for hours playin AoC where if i play on the pc I can play while she watches tv.. although playing AoC on my 61 inch HDTV would be very sweet.
  • NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

They probably won't be able to play together.  There are complications to do with the way consoles process stuff, because the hardware architecture is different and cut down to do a dedicated task (as well as cut costs).

A console game ported directly to PC with no modification would seem to run slow and have a nasty FPS cap as certain processes are squashed into the same CPU string.  If you had an option to remove that cap on PC things would go out of sync with the console.

Best example is playing GTA on a high spec system with the FPS limiter off.  Then turn it on and the speed of the whole game changes to scale with the FPS.