Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Grouping

SidarkunSidarkun Member Posts: 60

Hi there

Now i never ever tried EVE before, but im thinking about downloading the trial. Just wanna hear: How much partying/grouping/guilding is there in this game?

I come from WoW, where grouping and teamwork is a big part of the endgame, and i actually like the idea of cooperative gameplay.

Comments

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Grouping is not required but good luck trying to accomplish a whole lot without it.  Which is not to say that solo'ing isn't possible but grouping = ftw.

• SidarkunSidarkun Member Posts: 60

Could anyone please find the time to give me a few good examples of what you do in EvE while partying(grouping)? Missions etc.

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Normal missions in Eve do not need grouping, although you can if you want to. Helps the Kill missions go quicker, especially lvl 4 missions.

There are complexes(instances) that require large groups to take on, and in these cases having a dedicated repair ship would be an advantage.

In PvP grouping is more defined, from groups of 2 to massive fleets. This adheres to the simply fact that the more you have in group the stronger you are, and that there is safety in numbers.

But you wont find the interrelationship that there is in fantasy based games much here, as there are no classes so there are no dedicated healers and tanks for example. Just specific ships that are dedicated to certain functions, like remote repairing and other forms of support. So it down to party members to pick these type of ships to fly.

It is however possible to have modules fitted to your DPS ship that will assist your party member when they are in trouble and vice versa.

• airstrikeairstrike Member UncommonPosts: 373

Groups in eve are called a gangs.Gangs are not required for PVE in eve,tho they are recomended in some instances,ofcourse this is is a generalization,for exemple a relativly new player who just got acces to lvl 4 missions might have a hard time doing them because of lack experience,SP or lack of a good ship setup or all of them.Ganging doesnt realy have any downs in eve,if you gang with someone to mine,do missions or just rat you will actualy acomplish your objective faster and more efficently.

For PVP, gangs are required some times,but solo pvp is very possible,but fleet ops are necesary for alliance warfare and 0.0 conflicts. And if your alliance doesnt know what it's doing, you will loose to a organized alliance no matter what,cooperation is very necesary to win any war in eve,if everyone goes around in all directions you will loose a war very fast without even inflicting dmg on the enemy/