Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will it come out this year

unaydonunaydon Member Posts: 116
do you think GW will come out this year

Comments

• 2pacalypse2pacalypse Member Posts: 198
    Dear Lord at least i hope this game comes out before the holidays  cuz its already been a long wait. Hopefully there is gonna be another event like the E3 for Everyone event to calm my nerves down from the wait on this. image

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile

• UberXUberX Member Posts: 60

In a recent Gamespot video interview, Jeff Strain, co-founder, said they're still on target for a release during the second half of 2004. The video can be found here:

http://www.gamespot.com/cgi/gumclik.html?id=7294&s=6101982&p=5

• Deadaye13Deadaye13 Member Posts: 106

Also take into consideration that Arena.net is made up of a bunch of blizzard guys.  Knowing Blizzard, they're going to wait until it's perfect.  To make it perfect they'll have to delay the release date.

So personally, I think that they'll start beta in August and go gold in early 2005.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
    Achiever 86%
    Killer 80%
    Explorer 26%
    Socializer 6%

• simsloshsimslosh Member Posts: 30
    Well, actually, I'm not sure when it's coming out. On Gamespot, it says that Guild Wars is coming out on Feburary 7th,2005. But on the Guild Wars official website, it says that it comes out around on the second half of 2004. I think that the official website has the real release date, though.imageimageimageimage

• DWG(Leader)DWG(Leader) Member Posts: 10
    10/01/04 <------- Official Guild Wars Release Date. it was on this site i forget where though

www.freewebs.com/deathwatchguards/

Quite frankly, I don't think the game is only 3months away. I suspect a November or December release, myself.

• DWG(Leader)DWG(Leader) Member Posts: 10
    have you seen the new video/interview? they are finishing things up. all they have left is the beta and then the finishing touches

I'm trying to be as pessimistic, so as to get a good surprise if the beta comes sooner than I expect.

"A pessimist gets only good surprises, as he is expecting the worst. An optimist gets only bad surprises, as he is expecting the best, and thus is caught off-gaurd when the worst happens." -Nero Wolfe

• 2pacalypse2pacalypse Member Posts: 198
    If its gonna come out this year im hoping its before christmas holidays therefor i can have time to play alot of it and maybe even get it for free as a present , u never know image

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

After reading the Guild Wars Photics issue #7 I can safely assume that it won't be out this year.

www.photics.com

People with half a brain and no programming and extensive video gaming experience, please abstain from flaming.