Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

rf-online free? your joking!

mmorpgtest3rmmorpgtest3r Member UncommonPosts: 35

hi, im not sure about this but this is what happened,

i went on to my Codemasters account to check my thigns on it, i looked at the subsciptions and stuff becasue i used to have a trial on rf-online, when i looked down the page on the rf-onlnie column it says   re-activate, so i pressed it and now in my subsciption status to rf-online says this.

Product: RF ONLINE

Creation Date: 22/07/06

Gametime remaining: unlimited

Payment History:

No payment history found #

so is it free?!?!?! 

Comments

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

I had heard that it went free to play...........

Is it any good though? Just another asian grindfest or does it have some redeeming qualities?

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• NavinaNavina Member Posts: 8

yes it went free to play^^ and ep2 test server was up and not sure if it still is

-----------------
    Diablo2 exp-lvl86
    Guild wars-lvl20
    RF online-lvl48
    WoW-lvl23

• mmorpgtest3rmmorpgtest3r Member UncommonPosts: 35

omg i got luck today! first i won a competition and won a amazing prize!

NOW i get to play a game i wanted to play for years FOR FREEE

• NavinaNavina Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by mmorpgtest3r

omg i got luck today! first i won a competition and won a amazing prize!
    NOW i get to play a game i wanted to play for years FOR FREEE

emm...gratz?^^;;

-----------------
    Diablo2 exp-lvl86
    Guild wars-lvl20
    RF online-lvl48
    WoW-lvl23

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415

just made my account... though where do I dload it? their site is darn slow.... nothings opening, takes forever (have 6 MBPS net so its not that)

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

Originally posted by freakomar

just made my account... though where do I dload it? their site is darn slow.... nothings opening, takes forever (have 6 MBPS net so its not that)
    wait ill givey ou this link and follow the instructions :) do not worry bout that trial thing its not updated o.O

http://www.rf-onlinegame.com/download-clients.php

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

any easy link to download file via getright

http://www.findfiles.com/list.php?string=rfonline&db=Both

there are 3 mirrors file size is 1.66 GB

just got the trial key it says unlimited that means its F2P now

im loving this game soo much lol

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195

Sure— the game is free. But why...? also is it worth playing as i wait for starcraft 2? (woot starcraft 2) Also how long is download, and do i need to buy the cd?

-Thanks in advance

• HarlowHarlow Member Posts: 2

Yup Free to play, the catch, not free to download the client.  I heard about it being free so I went to DL the client and you have to have a Fileplanet paid membership, which I find to be a complete Jip, sure it cuts down on overflow of botters getting multiple keys and all the like but it screws us po-boy gamers from being able to play so its basicly still the same to us blue collar gamers who spend their cash for other things.

• courtdogcourtdog Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Harlow

Yup Free to play, the catch, not free to download the client.  I heard about it being free so I went to DL the client and you have to have a Fileplanet paid membership, which I find to be a complete Jip, sure it cuts down on overflow of botters getting multiple keys and all the like but it screws us po-boy gamers from being able to play so its basicly still the same to us blue collar gamers who spend their cash for other things.

I downloaded this game without a membership and I wouldn't pay to download a f2p game. If I find the link I used I will post it here for you.

Did you try their website?

• HarlowHarlow Member Posts: 2

Yea I went back to the site and clicked the "Download and Play Free Game Now"  Add box on the very top of the screen and It game me a key and other Mirrors to get the Client on.  Im just hoping I dont waste my time downloading a client thats limited of something that will just infuriate me later, but thats just how my luck usually goes so I wont be suprised.

I had at first gone to the downloads section on the left link and it only took me to Fileplanet.  So hopefully my folly will help others.

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195

Interesting stuff! I decided that i will try out this game— i mean its free now, whats there to lose =/

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

Originally posted by Harlow

Actually FilePlanet has free servers you can use. If you don't pay, you have to wait in a public line for sometimes hours if the traffic is bad. There are 4 or 5 servers for those that pay, and there are 2 or 3 for those that do not.

Just sign up with a free account when asked.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

I am already currently playing codemasters other mmo Archlord. My question is, is RF Online similar, and since I enjoy AL, will I enjoy this also?

• judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419
    Originally posted by mmorpgtest3r

hi, im not sure about this but this is what happened,
    i went on to my Codemasters account to check my thigns on it, i looked at the subsciptions and stuff becasue i used to have a trial on rf-online, when i looked down the page on the rf-onlnie column it says   re-activate, so i pressed it and now in my subsciption status to rf-online says this.
    Product: RF ONLINE

Creation Date: 22/07/06
    Gametime remaining: unlimited
    Payment History:
    No payment history found #

so is it free?!?!?! 

Im playing for free since 15 oct...

• ThosThos Member Posts: 23

If you dont like fileplanet, try a different mirror. Its free to download and play. But like most f2p mmos it has an item mall if you want to pay for advantages.

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Yes this is now F2P, but also this is another grindfest game which gets so god dam boring, I played for about 2 weeks and well im just thinking why play its sooooooooooo boring. The PvP is also crap you to to the mines and get smacked by random noobs from the other alliance.

RF Online 5/10