Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to find a game with a nice summoner style class!!!

belgariadebelgariade Member UncommonPosts: 90

I want to find a nice game with summoner style in it !!! Anyone can help me find one please !!

I almost think to reinstall FFXI or Lineage2 !!!

I don't mind F2P or any korean style , but i want some graphic quality and lag bug!

What i like about summoner :

-nice spell effect when you summon your pet

-the ability to solo

-the use of different pet for different situation

-the ability to summon something beautiful !!

I never played this style yet , but i want to try something different !!! I don't mind grinding mob and actually like that !!!

Any suggestion will be looked!

Not sure i like the hunter class style ( like the WoW one) i want something more magical!!

Comments

• icezizimicezizim Member Posts: 36

ffxi probably is the best if you really like summoner

• SymoneSymone Member Posts: 277

Perfect World English comes out in .. 7 days. It has a summoner type class, plus you;d get to start on a new server on the same footing as everyone else.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    Originally posted by belgariade

I want to find a nice game with summoner style in it !!! Anyone can help me find one please !!
    I almost think to reinstall FFXI or Lineage2 !!!
    I don't mind F2P or any korean style , but i want some graphic quality and lag bug!
    What i like about summoner :
    -nice spell effect when you summon your pet
    -the ability to solo
    -the use of different pet for different situation
    -the ability to summon something beautiful !!
    I never played this style yet , but i want to try something different !!! I don't mind grinding mob and actually like that !!!
    Any suggestion will be looked!
    Not sure i like the hunter class style ( like the WoW one) i want something more magical!!

You mensioned the Wow Hunter.. you tried a WoW Warlock.. can summon 4 types of pets including sexy devil women who has a whip.

• meatsimmeatsim Member Posts: 37

check out rappelz, its pretty decent, free and has good pet classes where you use your levels/skills to improve them.

http://rappelz.gpotato.com/

• belgariadebelgariade Member UncommonPosts: 90

You mensioned the Wow Hunter.. you tried a WoW Warlock.. can summon 4 types of pets including sexy devil women who has a whip.

I did'nt like the warlock of WoW !! Only 4 type of pets, and never found anything beautiful or amazing about them!

Originally posted by meatsim

check out rappelz, its pretty decent, free and has good pet classes where you use your levels/skills to improve them.

http://rappelz.gpotato.com/
    Last time i tryed rappelz , it was laguing to badly in town and some other area!

I maybe can try it again if they did something about the lag!

Originally posted by icezizim

ffxi probably is the best if you really like summoner
    Well you probably right !! When i think about summoner , i think mostly of FFXI , i never had time to try them when i was playing ( i did try the Blm/whm/rm/bard/ninja/rng class lol but it was a long time ago !

I'm kind of bored to play always the same type of class , and summoner is the only one i never give a shot !

• unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331

Im currently playing FFXI on the side while im playing EVE. FFXI probebly has the coolest looking summner class of every game out there.

Originally posted by unherdninja

Im currently playing FFXI on the side while im playing EVE. FFXI probebly has the coolest looking summner class of every game out there.
    Well think FFXI win !! Asking info on  ffxi forum !!

Thanks for your time!

• cmackchasecmackchase Member Posts: 11

Mastermind from City of Villians might be a decent choice as you can summon up to 3 minions at once. Granted I don't think zombies or robots are beautiful, but you can summon them.

• DrmccoyDrmccoy Member Posts: 52

while i agree the pets are super cool in ffxi problem is you cant solo in ffxi unless you .like pulling your hair out levling and dying etc.. and the summoner in ffxi is expected to be a white mage sub job if they wan tto get a group and then they become a healer:P

--------------------
    10 million people play WoW but I have yet to find one who admits liking it?!"

"Aion has the grind of EQ, the PvP of DAoC, and the smooth playability of WoW."

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

and for FFXI you have to get to lvl 30 before you can become a summoner and Unless you join agreat guild or BYOG(bring your own group) itll take forever to get to 30. FFXi is not newbie friendly and it is one of the most unforgiving games Ive played. If you can get to lvl30 thats when the game becomes nice.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089

I'd say city of villains has my favorite summoner.

The mastermind-

Control 6 pets at once, three types- mercenary, zombie, thugs, robots, ninjas.

Three tiers of pets

Tier 1- 3 of the weakest type of pet, starting with 1 pet and as you level you get access to the other 2.  For every extra 1 you get they become -1 your level.

Tier 2- 2 of the medium pet's, starting with 1, and the other accessed later.  They become -1 upon obtaining the 2nd.

Tier 3- 1 of the strongest types.

You also get "upgrades" which change their appearance, and give them new abilities(have to be racasted at each summon) 2 different ones.

you also get a secondary, darkness, traps, force fields, and poison.

you can control all 6 pets individually or as a whole, to the extent of actually having each pet say something, do a animation or move to a specific point.  If you want to summon something.... this is the best you can do.

Well since i played ffxi i will ask them if they can recover my old account! Since i have a lv50 -60 rng and some money from back then i don't have to grind to 30 before making a summoner!

And if they can't , well i will try to enjoy the ride from 1 to 20 on a blm , get my sub whm and use my whm/blm to lv 30. Doing the quest to get my chocobo will be fun again and the walk to juno will be fun :P !!!

Lol it's been a long time and i still remembering that part !!!

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Could try Star Wars Galaxies with a Beast Master expertise template...however being Sci-Fi based there's nothing magical about it ;)

• OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629

The best summoner style class, can be found in City of Villains... No doubt.

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.

• sfwtboysfwtboy Member Posts: 217

I would say to give perfect world a try the game looks amazing

Currently Playing:nothing Have Played: WoW GW LoTRO Last Chaos Maple story 2 Moons Lunia Perfect World Archlord Silkroad FFXI EQII Vanguard Age of Conan

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

No one said EQ2 Conjuror..

Conjurors can summon Tank, caster, and scout(assisin) pets.  All equally great for different siutation, and all look cool with their own abilities.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Well, I was thinking about the Metaphysicist profession in Anarchy Online... but then you mentioned beautiful :p MP pets, particularly at the higher levels can be quite imposing/impressive, but definitely not beautiful. Otherwise, its a pretty much perfect match for what you were asking.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

Thanks for your help !!! I brought ffxi this morning and looking at the playonline update right now !!! 3 expansion for 24$ and 1 month free was pretty cheap price , so i will try 1 month if i still like it !

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

Symone Posted :

Perfect World English comes out in .. 7 days. It has a summoner type class, plus you;d get to start on a new server on the same footing as everyone else.

i could i have the link to the english website pls :) ty

• TyrolerTyroler Member Posts: 97
    Dark age of camelot

i think its the game with most diffrent pet classes, and they are all kinda unique