Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any way to alt tab?

Im really interested in playing FFXi, but the fact you cant play windowded mdoe or alt tab is a game breaker for me. Having one game lock down my pc so that i cant do anyhting else while on it is something i cant accept. So i was wondering if there are any ways to make it so i can. Be they against the eula or not.

Comments

• PsycosisPsycosis Member Posts: 362

no, the program terminates so u can't run bots...

the only way to give urself a break, is to press the pause/break button which is a temporary log out to POL, which u can then alt tab out of and then there is a button to return to game.. but thats the best ur gonna get unless u find a program on the net that lets you do it.

--------------------------------------------
    Was that a thought I just had, or and echo of a thought I was thinking of having?

Was that a thought I just had, or and echo of a thought I was thinking of having?
    http://www.soundclick.com/wizard-sleeve
    I produce music, DnB, Trance, Metal Fusion, RaP and whatever i feel like. You might like it
    http://www.nexusradio.co.uk - Online radio promoting unsigned artists

• EnergizeEnergize Member Posts: 35

Try pressing ctrl+alt+del this usually minimises the game and brings up the task manager box, which you can then just click off.

• GindaceGindace Member Posts: 161
    There is no way, wether it's ctrl+alt+del, alt+tab, or ctrl+esc. There are special programs you can download though that will let you run it windowed though. You need to know a shitload about computers though.

"No time left, but enough for enough time"

• themindlessthemindless Member Posts: 3
    Im aware there are programs to do it, i just cant find any of them. If someone who knowss wehre they are could link me, id appreciate it. And i do know a lot about computers, so i could probably handle it image

You owe me some lovin for this one:

Official site: http://www.archbell.com

And the actual file:http://home.comcast.net/~jose.sousa/windower.zip

• themindlessthemindless Member Posts: 3
    The download isnt working, but when it does, much loving whill comence.

http://www.archbell.com/ffxi/windower.zip

Hehe, there's the working URL

Hey thats cool... do u know any mining or Fishing botz?

I can't believe i am asking for bots.. ah well first time for everything.. It would be nice to go to bed one day and wake up with enough money for my new armour hehe.

I produce music, DnB, Trance, Metal Fusion, RaP and whatever i feel like. You might like it

Well, I have some information on one, it involves an outside macro program. I used it, and it worked pretty good. Still some bugs with removing rusty items and sorting items.

Here's the info you need to get it set up:

Download and install autoit v3 (just do a google search. It is free software)
    Open notepad
    Copy the code below into it starting with the word Sleep and ending with Endfunc and paste it into notepad
    Go to file, save as
    Instead of the default saving it as a txt file, change it to all files by clicking the little arrow beside the box that says save as file type
    Name the file ffaf.au3
    Go to start, programs, Playonline, Finalfantasy XI, and then to final fantasy config tool
    Click on the screen size tab
    Change the Overlay Graphics Resolution to 1280x1024 and the Background Resolution to 512x512 (other backgrounds may work but the overlay has to be as specified!) Click ok and then yes to save the changes.
    DO NOT RUN THE SCRIPT YET!
    Start FFXI and get into the game all the way because we have to make some changes from within the game.
    Open your menu and go to, config, then font colors. There will be a default button. Click it. The script relies on specified colors in order to know if you caught something or not so these must be the default colors!
    Open you menu and go to chat filters. Turn all of them on. The reason for this is that since the script looks at the text window, you dont want anything in there that you dont have to have...
    Open your menu and go to config, then to misc 2. Change the fullsize button over to compact. Then click the movement button at the bottom
    Find the one that says "menu/target cursor up" and set it for the letter A
    Open your menu and go to macros...and enter the following

For Control 0 AND Alt 1 enter:

/echo . (there is a space between echo and the period. This is simply to let you know that the script is working. You will see a yellow period on your text screen when the macro is started)
    /wait 12
    /fish

For Alt 2 and Control 2 enter:

/equip ammo "____" (put your bait in the "". Such as /equip ammo "Insect Ball" or /equip ammo "Little Worm". Capatial letters must be capital in the code so check your inventory if you aren't sure)

Move to a spot you wish to fish and equip your gear (if you have it)
    Face the water just like you were about to fish
    Log out of the game correctly! Dont rush it. Let it log you all the way out....
    Run the script you created by right clicking on it and going to "Run Script"
    Go back into FFXI as fast as you can
    Once your character appears DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! I have found that it works better if you dont touch any controls from the time you login till the time you want to stop
    Here is the code you need to make the script. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING! I have spend hours tweaking this to get it to work and it does.

Here's the actual script:

Sleep(50000);give time to open FFXI
    $fisha = 2;
    $event = 0;
    $bite = 0;
    $failsafe=0;
    $nobait = 0;
    WinWaitActive("FFXiApp");

While $fisha > 1
    AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 40);
    Send ("!1"); fishing macro
    $event = 0;
    $failsafe = 0;
    $nobait = 0;

Do
    Sleep(250);

If PixelGetColor(22,994) = 16777215 AND PixelGetColor(108,996) = 16777215 AND PixelGetColor(228,997) = 16777215 Then
    AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 40);
    Sleep(Random(3000,3200));
    Send("{ENTER}");
    Sleep(5400);
    EndIf

If PixelGetColor(43,997) = 16777215 AND PixelGetColor(83,998) = 16777215 AND PixelGetColor(175,999) = 16777215 Then
    Sleep(Random(5100,5400));You lost your catch. Finish and speed things up a little.
    $event = 1;
    EndIf

If PixelGetColor(37,1000) = 16777215 AND PixelGetColor(77,1000) = 16777215 AND PixelGetColor(180,998) = 16777215 Then
    autosort()
    Sleep(Random(2100,2200));You didn't catch anything. Finish and speed things up a little.
    $event = 1;
    EndIf

If PixelGetColor(47,1000) = 16777215 AND PixelGetColor(142,999) = 16777215 AND PixelGetColor(330,997) = 16777215 Then
    $nobait = 1;You ran out of bait so let's get ready to change it.
    EndIf

If PixelGetColor(43,995) = 16777215 AND PixelGetColor(71,997) = 16777215 AND PixelGetColor(84,995) = 16777215 Then
    autosort()
    Sleep(Random(2100,2200));
    $event = 1;You caught something so now autosort, sleep a bit, and finish the event.
    EndIf

$failsafe = $failsafe+1;
    If $failsafe = 175 Then
    $event = 1;
    EndIf

Until $event = 1

sleep(2000);

If $nobait = 1 Then
    Send("!2");change bait
    EndIf

WEnd

Func autosort()
    Sleep(9000);
    AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 0235);
    Send ("!i");
    Sleep(0250);
    Send ("{NUMPADADD}");
    Sleep (0250);
    Send ("{ENTER}");
    sleep(0350);
    Send("{a DOWN}")
    sleep(0075);
    Send("{a UP}")
    sleep(0350);
    Send ("{ENTER}");
    sleep(0250);
    Send ("{ESCAPE}");
    sleep(0250);
    Send ("{ESCAPE}");
    Sleep (0250);
    EndFunc

eek complicated... I will have to look at it when i am not so stoned, thanks very much for the info.

Well if you run the game windowed, you can just keep the site up and check back.

And not being stoned helps I guess.