Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when do the missions start in nightfall ?

reggiereggie Member Posts: 138

Hi,

I thought i'd get those cool missions like in prophecies but so far im lvl 11 and not a single mission yet, just the normal quests.

Find it all a bit dissapointing so far also. Not exactly sure why but i had more fun in prophecies. Also coz you had to work your way through the missions.

Comments

• DelphianDelphian Member Posts: 192

You'll probably be 20, or really close, before your first mission. That's how it was on my Dervish.

I enjoyed Nightfall a lot, though.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by Delphian

You'll probably be 20, or really close, before your first mission. That's how it was on my Dervish.

I am confused by the OP not finding a mission yet, but I am even more confused when you say you will not find a mission before you are level 20.  There are 4 missions on the starter island alone!!

Chabek Villiage - lvl 0 and lvl 1 baddies with a lvl 2 or 3 boss....you telling me you don't run across that til after 20? 

Jokanur Diggings

Blacktide Den

Consulate Docks

Those are the first four missions you run across in Nightfall.  Good luck with your character and take heart now, because when you hit the Vortex area, you are going to be wishing you were back on the starter island

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• DelphianDelphian Member Posts: 192

Originally posted by 8hammer8

Originally posted by Delphian

I am confused by the OP not finding a mission yet, but I am even more confused when you say you will not find a mission before you are level 20.  There are 4 missions on the starter island alone!!

Chabek Villiage - lvl 0 and lvl 1 baddies with a lvl 2 or 3 boss....you telling me you don't run across that til after 20? 

Jokanur Diggings

Blacktide Den

Consulate Docks

Those are the first four missions you run across in Nightfall.  Good luck with your character and take heart now, because when you hit the Vortex area, you are going to be wishing you were back on the starter island

I guess I was mistaken. It's been a while since I was on Istan.

I WAS 20 when I did Consulate Docks, and it's the quest to get access to Kourna, so it's basically on the bridge between Istan and Kourna missions.

The very beginner mission in Chabek is hardly worth mentioning..

That basically leaves 2 real missions to the island.. Oh well, my mistake. The other 20 missions (challenge and elite included) will hit you after you get off Istan...

All I was basically trying to say is that Nightfall's substance doesn't really kick in until you're off the island which may take a little while.

• reggiereggie Member Posts: 138

but where exactly does the first mission start then ?

Oh yeah btw i did get one mission, in that starter town where i had to sink those ships. Thats the only real mission i can remember. If there were others then they felt more like instanced zones then missions coz im not aware.

• reggiereggie Member Posts: 138

oh and when do i get my 2nd heroe. i still only have this Koss guy at lvl 11.

To bad i also have no idea what the story line is lol. Who are those spears anyway :)? Or the istan for that matter. Its been 2 years since i played the original guildwars so i dont see any link to it at all.

• xankriegorxankriegor Member UncommonPosts: 49

The story of the original campaign and the other 2 campaign are different, so that's why you won't find any connection between the stories.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by xankriegor

The story of the original campaign and the other 2 campaign are different, so that's why you won't find any connection between the stories.

Actually, there is a massive connection between the stories, even involving Shiro and the lich and having to fight them again...   so yeah, they are tied     

and lets be honest, is anyone here even taking the OP seriously?   You start at Chebek village (if you skip the tutorial), its the first mission, its the first outpost...   I smell troll!

imageimage

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

"...oh and when do i get my 2nd heroe. i still only have this Koss guy at lvl 11."

Well, if you've been following your primary quests, by level 11 you should have 3 heroes: Koss, Melonni, and Dunkoro.  You should be adding a fourth soon:  Tahlkora.  She and Dunkoro are monks, Melonni is a Dervish. 

Make sure you follow your primaries.  You should be at least a First Spear by now, which means you can get access to the Jokunar Diggings mission.  (I had that mission on all my characters by level 10).  Take all the bounties from all the scouts you can get.  Sounds to me like you haven't reached the rank of First Spear yet, which is what unlocks your next series of primary quests.