Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can players get EA to fix UO?

FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

I was looking at the new kingdom reborn client, and was actualy impressed.   It made things look much nicer, without chaning how the game would play, or how mechanics would get involved, which got me to think....  WHAT would it take to get me to return to UO.   I've asked this question to a number of guildmates and the response was almost always the same.

1. Offer a Classic rule set server, where people whom kill others are called Dread Lords,  and Those who kill Dread Lords can become Great Lords.   Make it so that PvP'ing was always a possiblity, but also make it so that theres a very nice reward for killing Dread Lords.    It wouldn't exactly be great if EVERYONE was a PK.. LoL.   Bring back pre UO:R rules.

Is that possible?  IF so,  what would it take to get EA's Attention?    How about a few hundred people online, in one place begging for it?   I for 1 can summons a half dozen people whom would pay $9.99 a month to play it.   We know that UO could use the subscriptions.   

Sure there are more advanced games, but thats not what made UO fun.  UO was fun because ANTYHING was possible.

SO  CAN WE GET HUNDREDS of people together???  Ask your friends,  Lets see what people think.

Comments

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

They have been trying since 1997. The game took a nosedive when other games like EQ came out, they panicked and started modifying the game in hopes of bringing in more revenue. It only made the whiners happy AND whine more and more. Then they started doing crazy stuff to the game and it lost its "Ultima lore".

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Try a freeshard?

I doubt EA will ever make a server with old rules, as freeshards make that better and for free.

• m1rkom1rko Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by obii

Try a freeshard?

I doubt EA will ever make a server with old rules, as freeshards make that better and for free.

I tired a couple freeshards before.. The only problem with them is that it's hard to find one with a good amount of people playing it.  Yeah you can join one with a classic rule set and do all that good stuff, but it really isn't as fun because you don't have the mass amounts of people there to support it.  You can sit at crossroads all day and not see a single soul run by to kill.  Where's the fun in that?

If anyone knows of a freeshard that has a large following, than by all means let us know!!!!

• ManmadegodManmadegod Member Posts: 501

Classic Uo - I'd play it... Ninja's samurai and elves.. no thanks.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by m1rko

Originally posted by obii

Try a freeshard?

I tired a couple freeshards before.. The only problem with them is that it's hard to find one with a good amount of people playing it.  Yeah you can join one with a classic rule set and do all that good stuff, but it really isn't as fun because you don't have the mass amounts of people there to support it.  You can sit at crossroads all day and not see a single soul run by to kill.  Where's the fun in that?

If anyone knows of a freeshard that has a large following, than by all means let us know!!!!

Discussion of private servers is prohibited here, so I doubt anyone will tell you any on these forums.

As far as EA fixing UO, that's the best laugh I've had all day.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

UO is just a different game than it use to be and more than likely you will never see a return of old UO.  It was forced to adapt through time and many people still enjoy UO, however, I don't recommend hanging in there with UO anymore.  Wait until they come up with a new one;)

• ticktockmanticktockman Member Posts: 10

yeah uo is dead. the pk'ers killed off all the carebares who then left. then the pkers didn't have anybody to kill anymore so they left too. the game suffered from poor development managment from the very beginning and never really recovered.

• FockerFocker Member Posts: 344
    Originally posted by ticktockman

yeah uo is dead. the pk'ers killed off all the carebares who then left. then the pkers didn't have anybody to kill anymore so they left too. the game suffered from poor development managment from the very beginning and never really recovered.

What?!

• zenthias_rpgzenthias_rpg Member Posts: 30

Proves how much this dude really knows about the game.

From the "the game suffered from poor development managment from the very beginning and never really recovered"  statement I'm assuming this guy hasn't ever played the game.

If you know nothing about this game then keep your comments to yourself.

• FockerFocker Member Posts: 344
    Originally posted by FE|Tachyon

I was looking at the new kingdom reborn client, and was actualy impressed.   It made things look much nicer, without chaning how the game would play, or how mechanics would get involved, which got me to think....  WHAT would it take to get me to return to UO.   I've asked this question to a number of guildmates and the response was almost always the same.
    1. Offer a Classic rule set server, where people whom kill others are called Dread Lords,  and Those who kill Dread Lords can become Great Lords.   Make it so that PvP'ing was always a possiblity, but also make it so that theres a very nice reward for killing Dread Lords.    It wouldn't exactly be great if EVERYONE was a PK.. LoL.   Bring back pre UO:R rules.

Is that possible?  IF so,  what would it take to get EA's Attention?    How about a few hundred people online, in one place begging for it?   I for 1 can summons a half dozen people whom would pay $9.99 a month to play it.   We know that UO could use the subscriptions.   

Sure there are more advanced games, but thats not what made UO fun.  UO was fun because ANTYHING was possible.

SO  CAN WE GET HUNDREDS of people together???  Ask your friends,  Lets see what people think.

The wierd thing about it is people actually like it the way it is.   From what i've seen on most mmo's lately, every game caters to the "I wants"  Everyone has to have what everyone else has got.  The easier it is to gain items, skills ect.. The more they want, and the easier they want it to be.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Originally posted by Focker

Originally posted by FE|Tachyon

The wierd thing about it is people actually like it the way it is.   From what i've seen on most mmo's lately, every game caters to the "I wants"  Everyone has to have what everyone else has got.  The easier it is to gain items, skills ect.. The more they want, and the easier they want it to be.

Its the spoiled little kid with puppy syndrome. People have that me me me, mine mine mine mentality and EA is just spoiling them to death.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

however you will find that as of right now, UO probably has the BEST playerbase following the game.  People will help you to no end.  A year ago or so I opened up a new account (free 14 day trial to see what it was like) and I got HORDES of money and items from people.  ALthough I knew what UO used to be and that wasn't enough to keep me there.  However, this could be very welcoming to players that never played UO.  But then again, what's the point of playing UO with it's outdated graphics, carebear gameplay if you can do the same thing in WoW or EQ2 with updated graphics?

UO was a great game.  Now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.  Thank god for my brain though, I will always have my memories of the good times.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• justmanjustman Member Posts: 7

You made me spill my coffe.