Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new MMORPG!!

Hi. I am getting a whole new computer on Friday. I wanted to get a new MMORPG also. I want one that fits what im looking for. I used to play WoW for a year and then quit. It got boring and the graphics are too childish. Im looking for a MMORPG that has the following:

-Intense Combat

-Nice looking weapons, armor, skills, etc...

-Crazy good PvP and PvE.

-Guild Vs Guild PvP and stuff

-Good community

-Lasts long and is very fun

Im looking for an mmorpg that has all those. I dont care about monthly pricing or anything. I just want a game with those specs. If anyone knows of a game like that please tell me. =)

Currently playing: Shadowbane (Mourning server), Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3)

Waiting for: AoC, WAR, Darkfall, Fury

Have played: WoW (1 year), GW (6 months), Conquer Online (8 Months), Runescape (1 year).

Comments

• larryjr88larryjr88 Member Posts: 39

Check out Guild Wars.

• x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745

I'm having a blast playing Eve right now.  It has a steep learning curve but once you get over it it has all the things you ask about.

• taylort36taylort36 Member Posts: 1

You should try lord of the rings online.  the combat is very intense, especially in pvp. The gear and weapons look awsome with an amzing crafting system.  The PVP and PvE is really good, sometimes you cant decide which to do, for me PvP usually wins. There isnt guild v guild, but its monster players verse heroes( which is your middle earth caracter, bu tyou cna have monsters and heroes). The community is one of the best i have ever seen.  With all the new updates you wont know what to do cause there is too much to do.  soon there will be housing, and you can kill a balrog, and way more.  This game gets a lot of low ratings cause ppl dont like the fact that it is better than their games and say it is just a copy, if  it is just a copy they made it way better than the originals.

OH and  you said wow graphics are too childish, amazingly realistic graphics.  its cool to just look at scenery of the game, the game is worth that alone.

OH and also there is story line quests which get funner and funner and give good gear. amazing game, i got it when i got my new comp and i will be playing for a very long time.

• MarleVVLLMarleVVLL Member UncommonPosts: 907

Originally posted by taylort36

This game gets a lot of low ratings cause ppl dont like the fact that it is better than their games

That doesn't make any sense. The reason people give it low ratings is because the game doesn't live up to their expectations.

I didn't like LoTR either. It was very similar to WoW, regardless of what you may say. The graphics are 'similar', but not exact. Combat was very much similar as well.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

MMO migrant.

• Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283

Sounds to me that you would be interested in the upcoming games, Warhammer Online and Age of Conan.  They are both still months away from release, but if you haven't checked them out yet I suggest doing so. 

As for current games, WoW is the first thing that pops into my head after reading your preferences.  However, since that's not an option, I'd say Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Everquest II, or possibly even Dark Age of Camelot. 

• CataclysmoCataclysmo Member Posts: 20

Thanks guys. I want warhammer so im just gonna get a game that lasts till then. Im mainly thinking of DAOC, LOTRO, or FFXI but not really FFXI because i havent heard to many good things about it >.<

Any more just let me know. thanks =)

Have played: WoW (1 year), GW (6 months), Conquer Online (8 Months), Runescape (1 year).

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

I found LotrO to be a big dissapointment.

Got my hopes up for The Chronicles of Spellborn  and Warhammer, give yourself some time to dig into these games :)

Currently ... hmm ... not any game that is out :) ...

I been checking out some mmorpgs. the ones that cought my eye were

LOTOR

D&D Online

Lineage 2

DAOC

FFXI

I heard good and bad things about both. im not sure what ones better. just till warhammer comes out cuz that looks kickass.

Also, i dont mind if its like wow. WoW is my favorite game. The reason why i quit is because the graphics were childish and after playing for a year, doing the same instances and visiting the same maps got boring.

• LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230

I would suggest you looking at Guild wars. That games has probably one of the best PvP fights. The PvE is nice story driven content, but the games biggest plus is the PvP (and guild vs guild PvP, tournaments PvP, etc..).

--
    Leemeg.

Originally posted by Leemeg

I would suggest you looking at Guild wars. That games has probably one of the best PvP fights. The PvE is nice story driven content, but the games biggest plus is the PvP (and guild vs guild PvP, tournaments PvP, etc..).

I was leaning a little twards GW too. I used to play. I still have prophecies. I got it 2 months before Factions came out and quit 2 weeks before it did and never played again. Yes the PvP and GvG is excellent. The reason why I'm kinda not sure about GW is because I have to buy 3 expansions and theres ALOT of stuff now. When I play an MMORPG i play for a long time. I dont play for a week then quit. Only reason i quit GW after a month and a half was cuz i didnt have enough for factions and all my friends quit. But yea GW is great.

Still deciding which one though >.<

• Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by Cataclysmo

I been checking out some mmorpgs. the ones that cought my eye were

LOTOR
    D&D Online
    Lineage 2
    DAOC
    FFXI

I heard good and bad things about both. im not sure what ones better. just till warhammer comes out cuz that looks kickass.

Also, i dont mind if its like wow. WoW is my favorite game. The reason why i quit is because the graphics were childish and after playing for a year, doing the same instances and visiting the same maps got boring.
    Personally I really enjoyed FFXI, but it seems to me that you won't like it. 

PvP is rare, although possible, before the max. level of 75 which takes a very, very long time to reach. 

Combat is not intense.  It is slow-paced and focuses more on teamwork, organization, and tactics. 

Other than that it meets all the points in your first post.  Good community for the most part with great interaction, lasts long and is very fun, nice looking weapons/armor/skills (although not much variety).  Linkshells are much more laid-back than Guilds.  They are generally more social rather than organized for raiding and such, and you can be a member of multiple Linkshells.

Trying to solo after level 10-12 is just pointless, and the higher the level you become the worse it gets, becoming next to impossible.  There are a few classes that can solo level, mainly beastmaster, but it's tedious.  The game is about making friends and doing things with other people.  Groups are necessary for almost everything as classes are dependent on each other, and where they're not necessary it's still much more fun to be in one. 

The game shines when it comes to the main storyline through missions, and other little side stories through quests.  There's also side games such as Chocobo training/racing, and fun little quests during special occasions with unique rewards. 

Im down to my final decision

either FFXI, EQ2, or LOTRO

Im down to my final decision

either FFXI, EQ2, or LOTRO

Think all of them has Trials, so just test em out :)

--
    Leemeg.

Im gonna go with LOTRO. I heard bad things and good things. What I heard the most was its basically WoW with realistic graphics and a more mature community. And that it is also the LOTR story. And i am a fan of LOTR. Im DLing the trial on my laptop right now. The one that even WoW kinda lags on >.<

Oh well. Only 2 more days till i get my new computer =)

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

hmmn i am too looking for something new

got bored with guild wars all 3 campaigns + expansion

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Hi. I am getting a whole new computer on Friday. I wanted to get a new MMORPG also. I want one that fits what im looking for. I used to play WoW for a year and then quit. It got boring and the graphics are too childish. Im looking for a MMORPG that has the following:

-Intense Combat
    -Nice looking weapons, armor, skills, etc...
    -Crazy good PvP and PvE.
    -Guild Vs Guild PvP and stuff
    -Good community
    -Lasts long and is very fun

Im looking for an mmorpg that has all those. I dont care about monthly pricing or anything. I just want a game with those specs. If anyone knows of a game like that please tell me. =)
    DAoc is the best mmo out STILL. (its sad, this is true). Fits this fine

Shadowbane is free and thats a + but its still buggy and the game engine kinda sucks, but its free.

Guild wars may be enjoyable and it has no monthly fee so thats cool.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

Im gonna go with LOTRO. I heard bad things and good things. What I heard the most was its basically WoW with realistic graphics and a more mature community. And that it is also the LOTR story. And i am a fan of LOTR. Im DLing the trial on my laptop right now. The one that even WoW kinda lags on >.<

Oh well. Only 2 more days till i get my new computer =)
    good luck and keep us posted on your opinion.

I was really leaning toward DAOC before i chose LOTRO but i saw that it had like 10 expansions so i was like screw this lol.

Im getting a comp with 2gb of ram and a geforce 7200 or something grafix card. its 600$ and im getting a 19" moniter for 150. I would get better stuff but i only have 1000 to spend and i need to buy all that plus lotro >.<

• BrianMMOBrianMMO Member Posts: 45

Chosing between LOTRO, FFXI and EQ2 means that u r rather a PVE player.

i played all 3 games:

FFXI= best community

EQ2 = biggest map, most expansions

LOTRO = best graphics

Myself, im currently playing Guild Wars till Gods&Heroes comes out :P

Btw, Leemag: where can i get the FFXI trial? Didnt know that there is one :P

I like PvE but i like pwnage pvp too. I just dont feel like going out and buying expansions lol. i would get ffxi but theres nothing soloable about it i heard. i like grouping up and making friends but i also like to solo alot.

EQ2 isnt solo-based either.

You better play Guild Wars since u have customizable NPCs you can control there :P

Really few games are easy for soloing (like WoW i'd claim) ^^

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

I was really leaning toward DAOC before i chose LOTRO but i saw that it had like 10 expansions so i was like screw this lol.

Im getting a comp with 2gb of ram and a geforce 7200 or something grafix card. its 600$ and im getting a 19" moniter for 150. I would get better stuff but i only have 1000 to spend and i need to buy all that plus lotro >.<

PS all but the last two of daoc x-packs are FREE. And the last two darkness rising and laybrithen are not required to lvl to max level or pvp at all. DR helps a bit.

So don't let that stop you , 90% of the game is accessable if not more with any version of the game now (best to d/l a trail or buy a copy of DR for 10-15 bucks becuase the rest other than layb are free.)

PS doac not a solo pvp game (you can with archers and stabbers) but much groupwork , pve yes you can solo.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Originally posted by BrianMMO

Btw, Leemag: where can i get the FFXI trial? Didnt know that there is one :P
    I feel bad now Been looking a bit around, and I don't find it. I thought I remember seeing an add with trial for FFXI, but either I remember wrong, or its long gone...

To the one that says that EQ2 isn't solo freiendly, doubt he has tried the game in the last two years. Because EQ2 is very solo friendly.

--
    Leemeg.

• XicusXicus Member Posts: 55

Cataclysmo i have the perfect match to all of them except PvE and that is Fury and it is free try it on ur new computer when you get it.