Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do i do in the expansions ?

reggiereggie Member Posts: 138

Ok sorry i didnt know any otther way to ask the question . Btw my keyboard is screwed so im keeping things short

How are other pve areas in the new expansions useful for me if i already have a lvl 20 from the original guildwars ?

What i dont understand is with only 20 lvls in the game what use is all this new pve content ? Are they made for lvl 20 chars or ?

Also this is a silly question probably but the reviews i find online dont really tell me much. They tell me about new features etc but how much fun are those expansions if i already played the original game to lvl 20 ? Isnt it just alot of the same but in different scenery ? I find it hard to tell what exactly to expect from those expansions and wonder if they are worth it. Is there alot of lvl 20 pve content to explore and find ? Is there alot that adds to my lvling from lvl 1 to 20 ? I know there's skills but what else is there ? Do they make a huge difference pvp wise or just very minimal ?

What is there to do for guilds besides pvp ? I loved the pvp back in the days but i quit coz i was tired of waiting for a group all day long and pickup pvp groups just seriously sucked royal ass and i couldnt commit to a pvp guild coz i was playing wow also back then.

Nightfall has enhanced pvp right ? I read about guild vs guilds or something ? Does this mean there's some big zone that you can battle eachother at, like large scale ? There's no sieging etc involved right ?

Is getting items or elite skills fun ? I remember in the original game, yeah i played it years ago and not after, getting the elite skills was cool but the item stats seemed a bit dull/limited. I know this was meant to keep things balanced but it didnt really make me go woahh i wanna go find me way cool items.

Right now i just have no mmorpg to play so im thinking of maybe buying some expansions but i do not have that much money right now unfortunately and i do hate to miss out on good content if i have to make a choice on which expansions or simply have to buy them all.

Oh i just observed some very cool looking arena's. Now i only have the original guildwars and no expansion. Some arena's with lava etc and im amazined how great the pvp looks still after 2 years. Are the arena's i observe from the original game or from expansions ? I cant recall i saw those arena's before.

Thanx alot for the info,

Reggie

Comments

• lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219

New land, new armor, new skills, new story, new challenge.  No noobs allowed.

What I don't understand is what's the fun of endless level grinding? and Yes

New skills allows tons of new possibilities.  All of the skills are pre-approved by fans before the release, so all of them are interesting.  There is a difference, however, it's somewhere between "huge" and "minimal".  Solo quests: some love it, some hate it.  IMO, those that hates it are because they suck at it.

Guilds do organized PvE.  High-end dungeons are just impossible with random PUG.  Find a guild, more importantly, find a good guild.  And the best way to find it is to join and quit lots of them.

Getting items and elite skills are fun.  You get to try out new stuff that no others can.  But there are no new elite skills in GWEN.  New items are just more graphical.  People get impressed by shiny stuff.

There are new arenas.  They're added with the new campaigns.  You don't have to purchase the campaigns to play in those new arenas.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812
    Originally posted by reggie

Ok sorry i didnt know any otther way to ask the question . Btw my keyboard is screwed so im keeping things short
    How are other pve areas in the new expansions useful for me if i already have a lvl 20 from the original guildwars ?  PvE like in most games is only useful for items, skills, and experience.  The drive for those things normally don't change for people with max levels in any game.  However, there are now titles you earn through PvE and PvP content.  Maxing out these titles will allow certain rewards to be confired to your Guild Wars 2 character (2 years away) through purchasing the expansion Eye of The North.
    What i dont understand is with only 20 lvls in the game what use is all this new pve content ? Are they made for lvl 20 chars or ? This is pretty much the same question as above, but each game (as there is only one true expansion) has high level content that challenges lvl 20 characters.
    Also this is a silly question probably but the reviews i find online dont really tell me much. They tell me about new features etc but how much fun are those expansions if i already played the original game to lvl 20?  You are asking a subjective question, so I will give a subjective response...I have been playing for 2.5yrs with my same lvl 20 Elementalist...I find it fun still today.   
    Isnt it just alot of the same but in different scenery ?  Doesn't every game that has an expansion just ...expand...on what it is already doing.  It is not like they are changing the game mechanics from one game to the next
    I find it hard to tell what exactly to expect from those expansions and wonder if they are worth it. Factions adds the Alliance Battle feature which allows you access to continuous 12 vs 12 (3grps of 4) fighting, Nightfall gives you access to Heros which are customizable henchmen as well as PvP Hero Battles and finally GW:EN gives access to heros as well as the Hall Of Monument (which I touched on above) shows titles and other things than will be confired to your character in the upcomming GW2. It is really up to you to say if they are worth it or not, they were for me
    Is there alot of lvl 20 pve content to explore and find ? Try mapping the 3 continents to 100% and tell me if there is alot to explore.  The new graphics introduced in GW:EN provide some spectacular scenery. 
    Is there alot that adds to my lvling from lvl 1 to 20 ? Dont know what you mean here.
    I know there's skills but what else is there ? Do they make a huge difference pvp wise or just very minimal ?  Skills always make a difference in PvP...if you are limited and I am not, guess who is going to win a majority of the fights.  Take for instance, my character has captured all 291 elites in the game, I can set up any PvP character I want with whatever elite is necessary.  While this can be done through Balthazar faction, I can also set my PvE Eley up as well.
    What is there to do for guilds besides pvp ? Hang out talk, help other guildies out with quests or missions.  Work with other people in your alliance.  With alliances now up to 10 guilds are connected and it is easier to get pvp stuff set up.
    I loved the pvp back in the days but i quit coz i was tired of waiting for a group all day long and pickup pvp groups just seriously sucked royal ass and i couldnt commit to a pvp guild coz i was playing wow also back then.  This sounds like a simple case of trying to have your cake and eat it too.  You not being able to commit to PvP here because you are playing WoW is like another person saying they can't spend the time waiting to get into a raid because they are playing GW.
    Nightfall has enhanced pvp right ? I read about guild vs guilds or something ? Does this mean there's some big zone that you can battle eachother at, like large scale ? There's no sieging etc involved right ?  The biggest fights are in Alliance Battles 12 v 12 or in the Hall of Heros 8 v 8 v 8.  Nightfall enhanced PvP pretty much only through skills
    Is getting items or elite skills fun ? I thought so...but again, some people find it useless and just get what they need for a character and unlock stills through PvP
    I remember in the original game, yeah i played it years ago and not after, getting the elite skills was cool but the item stats seemed a bit dull/limited. I know this was meant to keep things balanced but it didnt really make me go woahh i wanna go find me way cool items.  I am not big on items...I play zoomed out 99/100 times and don't really pay attention to the staffs/bows/canes that I use, so if I can get a nice skinned weapon cool, if not as long as it is effective I am alright with it.
    Right now i just have no mmorpg to play so im thinking of maybe buying some expansions but i do not have that much money right now unfortunately and i do hate to miss out on good content if i have to make a choice on which expansions or simply have to buy them all.  Remember the games are all stand-alone except for GW:EN, so play one, if you like it then get the others.  It is as simple as that.  After you buy it, pick it up and play it whenever you want, you are not paying for it ever again.  Good Luck

Thanx alot for the info,
    Reggie

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• xankriegorxankriegor Member UncommonPosts: 49

Wow, 8hammer8 answered those question way better than I could have ever do. :D

• reggiereggie Member Posts: 138

Ok thanx for the answers guys :)

Oh waht i meant was with will the expansions be any use for me from lvling from 1 to 20 is will it give me alot of new things while i lvl to 20. Like Skills, zones, quests, armor, weapons. whatever.

I loved elite skill hunting in the past but soon after i got to 20 and had all skills they patched it to make skill hunting alot easier. So i wondered if it was as fun still as it used to be.

Im amazed at how great teh game looks still though it does look small scale compared to other mmorpgs which have huge zones but it does look very pretty and the arena's look awesome. Also alot of improvements to the ui i noticed and combat numbers etc.

Yeah i couldnt really commit to pvp back then in the way that i knew that to have really nice pvp i'd have to join a pvp guild but that wouldnt have been fair to the guild seeing i was also playing wow still.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Ok thanx for the answers guys :)
     Ok, first off, what do you mean by expansions?   Theres only one expansion, however there are three Chapters, the Chapters all have starting areas and Factions and Nightfall have new professions to play in them.  However, Eye of the North is the ONLY Expansion and it really finishes up a lot of the storyline...  But in truth, this is all one big game, simple as that
    Oh waht i meant was with will the expansions be any use for me from lvling from 1 to 20 is will it give me alot of new things while i lvl to 20. Like Skills, zones, quests, armor, weapons. whatever.
    Prophecies 9the original) is the slowest for lvl'ing, but the best for learning the game the first time, however you only get to choose from Warrior, Ranger, Monk, Mesmer, Necromancer and Elementalist and once you leave the starting (training) area of prophecies, you can't go back, like in Factions and Nightfall...  Factions adds the Assasin and the ritualist to play as, and Nightfall adds paragon and Dervish to play as, aswell as both adding new armour arts, new weapon arts and New skills for all the professions...  They all have good stories and you can start in any of the three...  
    Eye of the North is there for two reasons...  LvL 20 content and a link to Guild Wars 2!  yes it adds a few skills, yes it adds a few new heroes, yes it adds new weapon and armour artworks, but its more cool content and the link to Guild Wars 2
    I loved elite skill hunting in the past but soon after i got to 20 and had all skills they patched it to make skill hunting alot easier. So i wondered if it was as fun still as it used to be.
    if you enjoyed it, now you have nearly 4 times as many to hunt for
    Im amazed at how great teh game looks still though it does look small scale compared to other mmorpgs which have huge zones but it does look very pretty and the arena's look awesome. Also alot of improvements to the ui i noticed and combat numbers etc.
    Guild Wars isn't an MMO, thats why...   Don't compare it to one and you'll enjoy it so much more!
    Yeah i couldnt really commit to pvp back then in the way that i knew that to have really nice pvp i'd have to join a pvp guild but that wouldnt have been fair to the guild seeing i was also playing wow still.
    Join a multigame guild then...   Mine plays GW, WoW, EvE online and others including FPS games and we have a thriving GvG team and meet on vent every day to game and if people want to pvp, they do

there are my answers...   like i said in them, just don't compare GW to an MMO, its not...   if you want a comparison, its more like Battlenet Diablo 2

imageimage

k im thinking of buying all expansions this afternoon, since i dislike missing out on content, but what im not clear about is...

Do i get all the extra's from all expansions while lvling up to 20 ? Also do i have to start the expansions seperately or are they integrated into guildwars prophesies. Coz i think i read they are stand alone ?

Also if all are integrated then i get overwhelmed im sure, not sure which continent to go to to lvl up lol. Will it work this way that i suddenly get many more zones and have to choose which zones to go to ? Or will it all be lvl 20 stuff.

THanx.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

k im thinking of buying all expansions this afternoon, since i dislike missing out on content, but what im not clear about is...
    Do i get all the extra's from all expansions while lvling up to 20 ? Also do i have to start the expansions seperately or are they integrated into guildwars prophesies. Coz i think i read they are stand alone ?
    No, but they become available when you reach certain areas in the game and do certain things... 
    Also if all are integrated then i get overwhelmed im sure, not sure which continent to go to to lvl up lol. Will it work this way that i suddenly get many more zones and have to choose which zones to go to ? Or will it all be lvl 20 stuff.
    Start in nightfall if your making a new character, not slow, but not to fast that you miss something (unless you want to make an assasin or ritualist, then start in Factions), plus starting in nightfall gets you your heroes straight away aswell
    THanx.

If you need a hand, PM me ingame: Tyr Dominator

imageimage

yeah thanx guys. I made a necro in nightfall.

Woah those heroes are confusing lol. Well they are pretty obvious just so many skills i've never used before and then choosing a 2nd prof also for them lol.

Do i have to hunt down skills for my heroes also ? Like capturing them from elites.

Oh about wht lvl should i be able to capture the first elite skills for my necro, what lvl elite bosses.

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Do i have to hunt down skills for my heroes also ? Like capturing them from elites.
    Your heroes will have all the skills available that you have unlocked for your account. Which means: if you unlock 1 new skill (either through PvE or using Balthazar Faction points from PvP), it'll show up in the skill window of your Heroes.
    Oh about wht lvl should i be able to capture the first elite skills for my necro, what lvl elite bosses.
    A Necro in NF? I would recommend gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Elite_skills_list#Nightfall
    It lists all the available Elite skills in NF. One of the first ones you will encounter are the skills Ravenous Gaze and Depravity. The bosses are all level 20+, so don't expect them on newbie isle.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO