Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

beyond the dome of york

Comments

• MattimeoMattimeo Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by aquaangel

Originally posted by Mattimeo
    The problem is, much of it IS truth. It's an intresting mindset the forum mods are cultivating over on the official forums isn't it? Anything negative about the game is immediatly struck down and edited into oblivion or closed when it violates no rules. (did anyone notice the thread with a harsh criticism of the players on saturn wasn't just locked, but removed completely? Same happened to my thread questioning it. what have they got to hide?)

The threads in question were accusing people of exploiting. Talking about exploits or accusing people of exploiting is a no, no.. You can check the rules yourself.

If you have a complaint about the mods they have bosses too you can complain to.

As for negative posts? Once they don't refer to people in game, and don't discuss exploits, don't spam and are not offensive they are left open. If they didn't we wouldn't of had so many posts about nerfing monks because they were unbalanced for so long.

only re-activated my account to ask why the hell the mods forum was closed, and I regret I ever did.

You could of saved yourself the bother and just read the announcements forum. It explains there why it was closed.

Basically: People were using the tools to write exploits. Those that did, or used them were a few days later banned from the game.

The level of Fanboyism displayed on that forum is apalling.

As opposed to outright lying about the game. I don't mind constructive complaints or what people didn't like about. PANDEMIC wrote a good post about what he didn't like.

There is a difference between not liking, and lying.

The game isn't just buggy it's EXTREMELY buggy. The IS laggy.

Depends on the player. I rarely crash, but I do know some who crash often. I don't ever suffer from lag except in large outpost fights.

there were and are still cheaters and exploiters (if this was on the official forums this would now be locked for using the word).

If you have proof, then report them. They have a process for removing cheaters and do actively remove them.

They've admitted to GM corruption in the past, and yet they still do not pay their GMs or log their activitys.

GM's are now limited in what they can do, and ALL actions by a GM are logged. Yes early in the game they had issues with corrupt GM's (the whole basis of Kriminals argument), but they have since put checks in to stop this.

is there still GM corruption? Probably.

Possible? Yes? Probably I would say no, and certainly not at the level when Kriminal played the game.

We would all like to believe that the forum moderation on the official forums is held to the guidlines shown in their forum rules but they most definatly are not. You know, I was goign to post a link to an excellent example of this, but the thread seems to have disappeared. it was a question to some of the game mechanics and was closed with a "keep it in game" tag. And the thread I reference had NO exploits mentioned in it WHAT SO EVER. it was from a new player upset and confused as to why he was punished for using the LE, but then ganked when he took it out. but I'm glad you;re such a devoted defender of their mods. if you look around here, they obviously need it outside of their ghet... I mean their little area of control. BTW, their bosses ignore complaints, completely. They have the forum mods they need to keep their "community" looking completly positive. Asking for a nerf and questioning policy are two entirely different subjects, and both need to be allowed to be openly discussed. I'll give you a hint on which ones are allowed on KKs forum.

Also, about the mods forum, when I went to look into it, there WAS no announcement. it was made much after the fact.

I would quote each individual point I'm adressing, but on this forum it looks sloppy, but I'll do my best to make sure you know what I'm addressing. I do not know which server you play on, but on saturn I can go anwhere from hours to minutes in between crashes. Usually if I stick to one area without zoning much, I can go a few hours for a FRE or Synch kills me. however, Lag is a CONSTANT issue. It's always fun emptying an entire clip into an enemy that doesn't even notice something's happening. or taking random invisable damage from a mob that hasn't appeared yet, and thats just PvE! I don't PvP at all, but I've heard enough to know it suffers the same problems.

For cheaters and exploiters, I have taken screenshots, given detailed accounts and sent them off to the people that "need to read them". but first I have another criticism. Why in the bloody hell do I need to send off all this information to an e-mail address? Why can GMs not deal with the issue as it happens? he was there, I was there, we had a face to face conversation. But no, he can;t so I have to send all this information off to an e-mail address. After doing that. now this is a bit old mind you, but back when Barrells could still effect LE'd runners there was a fun player named Soul Cutter that was doing it to everyone, and laughing about it. He was still playing and doign the same thing weeks after I sent in all my screen shots and information. the "mass banning action" happening recently is the first I've ever even SEEN evidence that people are being banned for doing such things.

GMs are only limited in what they can OFFICIALLY do. their powers of spawning or invincabilty have not changed. And I'm quite sure that they still do not log their GMs, otherwise why lock and ban people for making accusations? If they can log it, it's a simple matter to prove their GMs don't do it. It should be on us to prove without a doubt that a GM has performed misconduct, it's on them to prove to us they don't. if they have the tools why don't they? It's this that forms my basis that the GMs are still doing it, not being caught and that Kk couldn;t care less.

I would also like to point out that what GMs do doesn't really effect me, but I believe in equality to all players.

KK continues to hide behind their forum moderators while they do little to improve their game. Everyone has pinned their hope on B:doy, which will make or break the game. But as the game stands now, people that could potentially waste their money NEED to know there are problems. They NEED to be able to trust the company that runs the game. and Unfortunatly they can't get the whole truth on the official forums. The free trial will be your friend. Use it. form your own conclusions.

I'm just tired of seeing the coated "truth".

• plasticplastic Member UncommonPosts: 12

There is one thing I've learned playing Neocron. Never listen to game forums. They're normally full of crap. (See this thread)
    Allways make yourself your own opinion about a game. its the same with Söldner, a tactical shooter I'm playing besides Neocron. Before I went to buy it I read in there Forums (www.secretwars.net) and over there it's the same like here, like in the NC Forums (insert arbitrary game Froum here)
    Some people whine, some people complain, some people whine about there complaints not being heared, some whine because the game is not ballanced, some whine because there are only fanboys left in the forum,... (insert arbitrary whining here)
    And what did I learn from all this?
    I've learned I can give a shit about the things I read in Forums.
    I have the most fun playing a MMORPG ever (don't call me Fanboy, its just my subjectiv opinion), by playing Neocron. I have the most fun ever playing a FPS game by playing Söldner. According to the forums of both of them I shouldn't have any fun. But I do.

• Celt0rCelt0r Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by plastic
    snip

Had much luck with soldner?

rl friends bought it and found it to be pretty bugtastic(including internet players joining single player games, and the devs denying it) as well as the AI being horrible.

Dont know if patches have fixed it cos they returned it immediately.

• Ice_Ice_ Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Celt0r

snip

rl friends bought it and found it to be pretty bugtastic(including internet players joining single player games, and the devs denying it) as well as the AI being horrible.

This isnt the Söldner forum. image

/Ice_

/Ice_

Originally posted by Ice_

snip

/Ice_

Then dont bring it up. image

Maybe you are just atttracted to buggy unfinished games?

snip

/Ice_

Then dont bring it up. image

Maybe you are just atttracted to buggy unfinished games?

What do you mean dont bring it up? I just said this isnt the Söldner forum, it's the Neocron forum. I just reminded you in case you were lost. We dont want people to post something that doesnt belong to Neocron in the Neocron forum now do we?! image

/Ice_

/Ice_

What do you mean dont bring it up? I just said this isnt the Söldner forum, it's the Neocron forum. I just reminded you in case you were lost. We dont want people to post something that doesnt belong to Neocron in the Neocron forum now do we?! image

/Ice_

Allways make yourself your own opinion about a game. its the same with Söldner, a tactical shooter I'm playing besides Neocron. Before I went to buy it I read in there Forums (www.secretwars.net) and over there it's the same like here, like in the NC Forums (insert arbitrary game Froum here)
    Some people whine, some people complain, some people whine about there complaints not being heared, some whine because the game is not ballanced, some whine because there are only fanboys left in the forum,... (insert arbitrary whining here)
    And what did I learn from all this?
    I've learned I can give a shit about the things I read in Forums.
    I have the most fun playing a MMORPG ever (don't call me Fanboy, its just my subjectiv opinion), by playing Neocron. I have the most fun ever playing a FPS game by playing Söldner. According to the forums of both of them I shouldn't have any fun. But I do.

Bad memory?

See, now you are talking about Söldner again! Isnt there some type of rule against this?!

Oh yes it is!

You've just broken Rules Of Conduct, it CLEARLY says:

At MMORPG.COM we make every effort to make this a safe and enjoyable destination for those in the MMORPG community. You may NOT use our communication devices (Forums,Chat,Private Message System) for any of the following:

• "Spam" by posting frequent and/or annoying messages in the forums or messages not in the topic for that forum (except in such areas where it is clearly indicated that "spamming" is allowed)

Please post in the appropiate forum next time!

/Ice_

/Ice_

See, now you are talking about Söldner again! Isnt there some type of rule against this?!
    Oh yes it is!
    You've just broken Rules Of Conduct, it CLEARLY says:
    At MMORPG.COM we make every effort to make this a safe and enjoyable destination for those in the MMORPG community. You may NOT use our communication devices (Forums,Chat,Private Message System) for any of the following:

"Spam" by posting frequent and/or annoying messages in the forums or messages not in the topic for that forum (except in such areas where it is clearly indicated that "spamming" is allowed)
    Please post in the appropiate forum next time!

/Ice_

I was quoting you my dear.

Having an adverse reaction to getting owned?image

• clothing-exoclothing-exo Member Posts: 9

B:DOY is too late.

I know about 15 people that were keeping their accounts active on the basis that doy was going to be june/july.

Every one has cancelled and stated they are never coming back.
    WTF are u talking about KK have said for months that it would be released in sept

If KK had of concentrated on fixing the GAME CRIPPLING BUGS rather then spending 2 years on what is essentially still vaporware, then neocron wouldnt be in the pitiful state it is.

Originally posted by beatbox
    It would be suicide to try bdoy, with all the griefers/hackers/cheaters in the community, and the lack of security , kk would have to pay me to play B:DOY , if it comes out one day.

Ah whatever dude, i know dozens of pple in my clan are comming back for bdoy

@Celt0r:

It's obvious you dont got anything else to say so you keep spamming more and more and now.. You have not only broken the spam rule but also another rule:

• Transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content.

Keep it up, and I hope a moderator see's this, I dont think they like people that keep breaking their forum rules and not to mention post stuff just to harass me.

/Ice_

/Ice_

Originally posted by Anima.
    lol am i famous or something?

LOL NO!!!!

LOL

but at least 1 person on pluto knows who u are

The problem is, much of it IS truth. It's an intresting mindset the forum mods are cultivating over on the official forums isn't it? Anything negative about the game is immediatly struck down and edited into oblivion or closed when it violates no rules. (did anyone notice the thread with a harsh criticism of the players on saturn wasn't just locked, but removed completely? Same happened to my thread questioning it. what have they got to hide?) I only re-activated my account to ask why the hell the mods forum was closed, and I regret I ever did. The level of Fanboyism displayed on that forum is apalling. Why not just ask MJS to drop his pants already? there'd be a line around the block, even if there was a bed of nails to kneel on first.

The game isn't just buggy it's EXTREMELY buggy. The IS laggy. there were and are still cheaters and exploiters (if this was on the official forums this would now be locked for using the word). They've admitted to GM corruption in the past, and yet they still do not pay their GMs or log their activitys. is there still GM corruption? Probably. But that too is removed on sight from their forums and you;re immediatly banned for mentioning it.

I guess they want to take the ostrich approach, if they see it it doesn't happen. And the fan boys lap it up. I'll refrain from posting what other german group they act like, I wouldn't want to be banned from their official forums from this post here.

Dude gimmie examples of GM corruption.

I have been playing since last may and havent seen any GM in game probs

You think you could be more constructive then attacking absolutely anyone who posting something negative about Neocron.

There's a reason no-one's heard of it, there is a reason it has low population, there is a reason the people who you meet who DO know of it have only bad things to say.
    Get your head out of your ass and realise neocron has problems, a lot of them, and they are big.

WHAT!!!

I beg to differ the problems you complain about are either no where near as bad as you and pple like you make out.

Or they are unsubstantiated claims, ie, ongoing GM corruption.

There are plenty of pple who like the game a great deal and await bdoy. The reason or one of the reasons for low pop

is non existent advertising on the part of the publisher.

TY

Originally posted by clothing-exo

WTF are u talking about KK have said for months that it would be released in sept

First they said january 2003, then 2nd Q 2003, then 3rd Q 2003, then 1st Q 2004, then april 2004, then setpember 2004.

• cyphorcyphor Member UncommonPosts: 131

First they said january 2003, then 2nd Q 2003, then 3rd Q 2003, then 1st Q 2004, then april 2004, then setpember 2004.

::::37:: where the hell did you hear jan 03 from the game only went retail in Oct (germany) Nov (UK) and Nov or Dec (USA) why the hell would they release and expansion so close to retail release of the actual game?

Also the game is still young just over one and a half years old (retail), this is the perfect time to release an expansion, yes its been delayed as it was ment to be out in may this year, but id rather have it polished and finished, than rushed out ;)

And the thread I reference had NO exploits mentioned in it WHAT SO EVER. it was from a new player upset and confused as to why he was punished for using the LE, but then ganked when he took it out.

As for punishment for removing the le, the le has had no penalties for almost a year, how long ago was that. Also with the mindset at the time i can imagine it got closed due to flames and trolls. Most forums dont allow them ;)

As for lag, if you have major problems the only thing i can think of is that you have a poor conection or live in the US, as this game is very much European and the servers are based in Germany, Americans tend to get high pings if they aren't on a fast line. I dont get lag, I crash rarely, and only get poor fps in large op wars (about 30), oh and my ping is generally between 50-100.

GMs do have ALL actions logged now (for almost a year) and only specific GMs (generally ones who work for kk or senior ones) can spawn items etc and even they are logged. Corrupt GMs stopped a long time ago, people just like to jump to conclusions when they die to better skilled players.

As for being buggy, it seems some people have different oppinions of what extremely buggy is, im not saying there are no bugs, i just think exremely is exagerating too much. If people want to see how buggy it is for them id say, try it out.

As for censorship on the official forums...so what? The forums are provided by good will, obviously a company is going to have rules to prevent abuse of its reputation and prevent the sharing of exploits in its game. Its also going to prevent flames and trolls, something most forums do ::::38::

Originally posted by clothing-exo
    Dude gimmie examples of GM corruption.
    I have been playing since last may and havent seen any GM in game probs

Where is it my job to do so? if you could read, you'd realize that I already mentioned I've never seen it, nor would it effect me. It's KK's job to prove that their GMs don't do it. If they provide this mythical logging, should be pretty easy, hmm?

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

GMs now cant even spawn items, they can do anything that isnt logged.

only the top man can do such things, and unless you want to accuse Snowcrash of doing shit like that(which wouldnt suprise me if you did)then shut it, unless you have seen the corruption how can you say it is there.

yes in the past there has been, however KK cleaned up there act in regards to that

i have been in a clan with someone who is now a GM, and i know for fact this guy wouldnt do any shit like what you think, and im sure that if he was aware of GM corruption he would report it

• GaneshaBEGaneshaBE Member Posts: 6

At Cyphor I don't know when you started playing but it was indeed said that Dome of York (not Beyond dome of york back then) would be release half Jan2003. Tho at that time KK considered DoY not really as an expansion but rather as a large 150Meg patch. I would only add a City and 14 zones total. True It got delayed over and over but i think it will be much more than what it first was planned to be.

Tho don't expect BDoY as the ultimate Expansion i think it will bring a lot of good to the game I love.

Ganesha AkA Reddog

aye they did say a number of times that DOY wouldbe release, however this time there is more substance to there claim

Originally posted by ezza

GMs now cant even spawn items, they can do anything that isnt logged.
    only the top man can do such things, and unless you want to accuse Snowcrash of doing shit like that(which wouldnt suprise me if you did)then shut it, unless you have seen the corruption how can you say it is there.
    yes in the past there has been, however KK cleaned up there act in regards to that
    i have been in a clan with someone who is now a GM, and i know for fact this guy wouldnt do any shit like what you think, and im sure that if he was aware of GM corruption he would report it

Can't, or aren't allowed to? I can say it's there because others have PROVEN it exists.

If they really have cleaned up their act, and ARE logging, Instead of banning people, why don't they just dismiss the claims as false with the logs?

And just because HE would, does not mean they ALL would. I've seen cold hard proof of it happening, all I've heard that it doesn't anymore are the words from KK, and they hold 0 weight with me.

The company lies and decieves their users daily, but you'll still believe that corruption of volunteers for their friends doesn't happen because they say it doesn't? image

ok ill say it again, they CANNOT spawn stuff

why would a company show you there logs? that is for them not us

Can't, or aren't allowed to? I can say it's there because others have PROVEN it exists.

Where is the proof?

If they really have cleaned up their act, and ARE logging, Instead of banning people, why don't they just dismiss the claims as false with the logs?

Not every GM has access to these logs, only a few has access to them and they are not available 24/7, not to mention they are volunteers.

The company lies and decieves their users daily, but you'll still believe that corruption of volunteers for their friends doesn't happen because they say it doesn't? image

Does "the company" aka Reakktor post on the forums daily? No I didnt think so. So you actually lied yourself. I guess that's the human nature. image

/Ice_

/Ice_

Where is the proof?
    Not every GM has access to these logs, only a few has access to them and they are not available 24/7, not to mention they are volunteers.
    Does "the company" aka Reakktor posts on the forums daily? No I didnt think so. So you actually lied yourself. I guess that's the human nature. image

/Ice_

What does who has access to them have to do with anything?

And yes, they do post every day, or are the forum mods not considered part of the company?

if you want proof, search the forums. They've admitted to "firing" GMs for misconduct in the past. Quite proof enough for me. Not to mention before Nidhoggs hammer became almost as wildly swung as the sledgehammer of balance that KK uses, there were many stories from different parties that painted a clear, accurate picture of what GMs were probably doing.

And Ezza, I'll repeat again, if they have proof it doesn't happen, it's their duty to prove it to us. as far as I'm concerned untill they disprove it, continue to cover it up, and contine to ban people for "unfounded accusations" it happens. They want to make a believer out of me, they can easily show me that they do it.