Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what dose eve mean??

jaidenjaiden Member Posts: 35

what does eve mean??
E= v= E=????::::39::

SAVE ENB! so another generation of players and live
the dream!

MMORPG's ive played
Earth and Beyond: shut down *tear*
Jaiden TE lvl 150 +++
Chikira JE lvl 128
*World of Warcraft: current
Tarion lvl 60 hunter
Anorus lvl 22 Warrior
*Vendetta-Online: inactive
Kioal Darkblade 8/8/5/10/9 Overall lvl 40
"in-development open beta"

Comments

• -Stormryder--Stormryder- Member Posts: 6
    Well in our time (or also known presesnt) the word Eve means "New Begining."

• Silver_NightSilver_Night Member Posts: 9
    its just the name Eve, as the post above says, and its also the name of the first gate.

• SirOmegaSirOmega Member Posts: 25

the full title is EVE: The Second Genesis. Genesis meaning creation, and "eve" the beginning.

• DienekesDienekes Member Posts: 484

It does mean a second birth of the human race but since all these people were vague lemme give you a general idea of the backstory.  :P

The human race came across gate technology and used it to move to a seperate set of systems that in the game is known as the EVE universe.  I can't remember what happened to the original gate but it blew up or something and is shrouded in mystery.  :P  Humans expanded out from the EVE gate region and developed into the different races and empires that are around today.

Feel free to correct me if I left something out or have a detail wrong.  :P

"Feel free to hate me, but hate me for the right reasons."

"Your still ignorant if you believe the first thing you see when the blindfold is removed."

"Be smart enough to know I'm smarter than you."

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265
    eve refers to the eve gate i beleive .. which is what led all the humans to this are of the universe. -- but its been a long time since i was reading up on the history so i could be wrong.

• WiseManWiseMan Member Posts: 23
    After the EVE gate got destroyed the people lost connection between the planets and solar systems, because all technology development was still on Earth. So the people in EVE were seperated from each other for some thousand years, which is why we have so different races, yet all of human origin

• DienekesDienekes Member Posts: 484
    yea, that is an important part I left out...thanks wiseman.  :)

"Feel free to hate me, but hate me for the right reasons."

"Your still ignorant if you believe the first thing you see when the blindfold is removed."

"Be smart enough to know I'm smarter than you."

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Biblically, Eve means "The Beginning", and they incorperated that into the game by the first gate in the game.  The very first gate is called Eve.

I suppose by naming their first gate Eve they had realized that life was to be changed forever, so it was then creating a new beginning for the inhabitants of that time.

JUst a collection of ideas fream reading above posts.  Hopefully done well too! image

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• OtlanoOtlano Member Posts: 139

I think he was trying to make a joke and knows the true meaning of Eve.

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

EVE Online (The Second Genesis) is so named for it's backstory. To whit...

Humankind discovered a natural wormhole to a completely unknown part of the universe. Due to the perfection of the planets there for human habitation, they named the system "New Eden" - a fresh beginnning for humankind.

Recognising that the natural wormhole would not last forever, they created a pair of massive star gates to take it's place for when it finally collapsed. Which it did. The Gate was called the EVE Gate.

Some time after, something wibbly happened to the EVE Gate and it destroyed the New Eden system, and most of the star gate network on the New Eden side.

Cue new Dark Ages for the scions of humanity, who evolved into the races of EVE - Caldari, Amarr, Jove, Minmatar and Gallente.

All clear now? ::::02::

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)