Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre NGE seeks advice on leveling 75+

ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84

Heya Guys,

I don't post much, So yea call me a noob :)  . Im after advice with questing on SWG. I came and joined this forum becuase it seemed you guys seemed to be more mature and experienced in Mmo's. After the NGE i was happily questing and bought all the expanions, Leveled through Legacy & Kasyyyk and so on.  Now i have only 3 Mustafar quests left and im level 75, I find myself logging on and bashnig a few mobs for 1k xp to go to the 420k i need for level 76.  Its a daunting prospect thinking that i have to bash my way to 90 like this. I've studied Allakazam.swg for help on available quests on SWG but some are out of date due to NGE. Can anyone possibly advise me on whats the best thing to do to progress further, Im struggling to get to 90 now , Is it just a hard sad grind?, Or are there more small chain quests i`ve not heared about. I apprieciate this is a typical noob question but i spent a long time away from SWG and returned only 2 months ago.

Many thanks in advance

Elijarh

Comments

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Quests on Kashyyyk and (very much) Mustafar will garner a lot of quest combat XP.

But you've done that already....

So your only other option is mission terminals and endless grinding to get there.  Mission terminals will give you level appropriate mobs to mindlessly kill.

Oh, and do it in a group if you can...group XP is back and grouping is no longer XP penalized.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

If you haven't yet done the Azure Cabal quest series, head to the Theed cantina and talk to the NPC standing at the door outside.  From there, your factions themepark will be the next option.  If you're Rebel, head to Corellia and then 6507, 5987 to talk to C3-PO.  If you're Imperial, go to Naboo and head to 2400, -3900.  You will probably need 2 or 3 other people to help with these quests since they're all group based.

Originally posted by Obraik

If you haven't yet done the Azure Cabal quest series, head to the Theed cantina and talk to the NPC standing at the door outside.  From there, your factions themepark will be the next option.  If you're Rebel, head to Corellia and then 6507, 5987 to talk to C3-PO.  If you're Imperial, go to Naboo and head to 2400, -3900.  You will probably need 2 or 3 other people to help with these quests since they're all group based.
    Not to mention that the mobs are 84 and above, and will smoke a 75 in a couple of shots.

Oh, and don't forget...having level 90 group mates will, by design, diminish the XP of the 75 considerably.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

Originally posted by SioBabble

Not to mention that the mobs are 84 and above, and will smoke a 75 in a couple of shots.

Oh, and don't forget...having level 90 group mates will, by design, diminish the XP of the 75 considerably.

Levels/groups don't affect quest XP.

• ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84

Thankyou guys for your input :)

Eli 

The Quest XP is unaffected, of course.

But the XP from the mobs (which will be particularly aggressive against something "too low" to them) is significantly reduced.

Which is another reason why the CU imposed level system sucks.  It works against player grouping through level stratification,  Something that preCU SWG didn't see.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

The Quest XP is unaffected, of course.

But the XP from the mobs (which will be particularly aggressive against something "too low" to them) is significantly reduced.

Which is another reason why the CU imposed level system sucks.  It works against player grouping through level stratification,  Something that preCU SWG didn't see.

The idea behind it is that in a group of 2 you can kill things twice of fast, in 3 three time as fast, etc.  Of course, whether this works in reality depends on your group....