Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Survivor Characters

8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Hey Peoples.

I wanted to see if anyone here has ever created a "Survivor Character" or better yet a "Legendary Survivor"

I just started a pvp Mesmer and got to Survivor Rank 1and I want to see if anyone here had tips on how to get up higher besides the HM farming run used by  others in Factions.  I created a mesmer for a survivor character so I would get the occasional "WTF?" from someone.  She is on her way to rank 2 so we shall see how things go.

Or if you want to start a survivor character and want some tips on what I have done ask away.

BTW...this triple experience weekend really helped, hopefully this weekend is double skill cap experience!

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

Comments

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

Grats on getting that far with a Mesmer...pretty squishy profession to get that far. I've gotten a Paragon to Survivor (1) before I did something stupid and blew it, but I have a Canthan Ranger I'm going to try to get Legendary on. 387k xp and still going strong.

I don't have any advice except kite, kite, kite if you're a squishy and always be the last one into a fight and the first one out.

BTW, where are people XP farming in Factions? Senji's Corner against the Vermin there? I XP and SS farm outside Kamadan in Hard Mode, because I can do it with 2 heroes and get decent SS points but really good XP (minimum of 51 XP per kill) with very little risk of dying. Just take an MM and a healer and farm away. I suppose someone would say they could solo that, but if you're going for Legendary Survivor, why risk soloing anything?

Anyway, that's my take. Again, grats and good luck.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by Serling

Grats on getting that far with a Mesmer...pretty squishy profession to get that far. I've gotten a Paragon to Survivor (1) before I did something stupid and blew it, but I have a Canthan Ranger I'm going to try to get Legendary on. 387k xp and still going strong.
    I don't have any advice except kite, kite, kite if you're a squishy and always be the last one into a fight and the first one out.
    BTW, where are people XP farming in Factions? Senji's Corner against the Vermin there? I XP and SS farm outside Kamadan in Hard Mode, because I can do it with 2 heroes and get decent SS points but really good XP (minimum of 51 XP per kill) with very little risk of dying. Just take an MM and a healer and farm away. I suppose someone would say they could solo that, but if you're going for Legendary Survivor, why risk soloing anything?
    Anyway, that's my take. Again, grats and good luck.
    I chose mesmer for just that reason...."A squishy Legendary Survivor...huh!!" 

And it should be I extending my congrats and amazement at the Ranger you are working with.

I just started my farming runs in Cantha last night.  I was so scared to test, but too lazy to set up my other character/heros with the build...it was a whole risk/reward thing in my head.  Anyways. 

I set myself as a Mesmer/Monk and I grab 2 Monk Heros...Set one up as a complete healer bonder / one as a smite bonder

Get in Hard Mode, I leave from the Market Place into Wajjun Bazaar.  Cast all my monks enchantments for them (turned the all off previously), Cast my own enchantments...I now have 11 enchants sustained on me, throw on a Hunters Insight Scroll (175% exp).

Next I have my healer bonder put up Symbiosis (100+hp for every enchant on me)...throw up 3 more enchants on myself now up to approx 2050 HP and I run into the first 3 jade knights I see (my armor level is 5 starter Canthan armor)...cast Spirit Bond 2-4 times and they kill themselves....reflag heros...redo Symbiosis...let next 3 jade knights kill themselves. 

With the scrolls and heros out of XP stealing range...you get 525 XP per knight so 3150xp per run...60-90 seconds per run (40 runs approx per hour) = 126K xp so about 10+ hours of straight farming once level 20 should be good if you can stand to to it straight.  400+ runs....aye.

This is obviously just a very brief overview, but if you follow the Wiki trail to Guru...it is all set up very indepth and is an awesome tool.  I would link it, but I don't know how they would feel if I link to Guru?  Here is a Wiki Link though...go to the farming section and follow to Guru Link.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• gerry7gerry7 Member Posts: 53

it so happens that legendary survivor is my only max title atm . this is for R/Rt chars, its easy to get legendary survivor. each run you probably get 20,000-30,000xp using a 175%xp scroll (yes one of the cheap ones). this is a solo run and i was a bit edgy too at first,, but its pretty hard to die, unless u die from lag or something. first get to elona and then to venta cemetary. take the quest battle of turais procession (you need to do the quests b4 this one) from some centaur in the middle of turais procession. run to the centaurs so that the margonites spawn, and run back so that the margonites kill all the centaurs. chuck down EoE and cast splinter weapon. run in and use barrage then quickly run back using one of the running skills (a longbow is ideal as it has the longest shooting range). repeat this step and they should die pretty quickly(30secs) and each run is about 10mins. do this and you should get legendary survivor very quickly. i know i did.

here is the skills OggkcdYUWKyziBjlaYl/6jD0x3A      (i just typed it in, for some reason i cant copy it in )

umm im having some trouble linking my pic. it just shows the title.

goodluck getting the title with your mes

Originally posted by gerry7

it so happens that legendary survivor is my only max title atm . this is for R/Rt chars, its easy to get legendary survivor. each run you probably get 20,000-30,000xp using a 175%xp scroll (yes one of the cheap ones). this is a solo run and i was a bit edgy too at first,, but its pretty hard to die, unless u die from lag or something. first get to elona and then to venta cemetary. take the quest battle of turais procession (you need to do the quests b4 this one) from some centaur in the middle of turais procession. run to the centaurs so that the margonites spawn, and run back so that the margonites kill all the centaurs. chuck down EoE and cast splinter weapon. run in and use barrage then quickly run back using one of the running skills (a longbow is ideal as it has the longest shooting range). repeat this step and they should die pretty quickly(30secs) and each run is about 10mins. do this and you should get legendary survivor very quickly. i know i did.
    here is the skills OggkcdYUWKyziBjlaYl/6jD0x3A      (i just typed it in, for some reason i cant copy it in )
    umm im having some trouble linking my pic. it just shows the title.
    goodluck getting the title with your mes
    Congrats on your title and thanks for sharing your method.  You going after any other titles next?  I am thinking from now on I will just get rank 1 on any new characters because it really was quite easy with a little help from friends.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

I started a dervish and died at the first mob. Don't ask me when it comes to surviving, I usually go for the eye for an eye tactic... Just wanted to say that the only person featuring their Legendary Survivor title was a mesmer I saw somewhere in the Nightfall campaign. That's all from me.

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

Note to self:

Get Legendary Survivor title on ANY character before going against Shiro in Factions.

(Ugh!)

damn, so ur ranger died eh? thats gotta suck. i rember with my previous ranger i got him to like 300k xp then he died doing the mission at the dragon festival, the one with all the guys with the masks were like lvl 28 and they killed me. i deleted him and remade him and got to legendary survivor.

Originally posted by Serling

Note to self:
    Get Legendary Survivor title on ANY character before going against Shiro in Factions.
    (Ugh!)

I cried a little bit for you when I read this.

My Mes is now Rank 2 (Indomitable Survivor)...and plugging along.  At the current rate, I have about 230 runs left or 8 hours. 

well, 8 hrs isnt really much if u think about it for a max title. worth every second of farming . hope u get it