Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can this game be a place for a mature gamer?

brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

While I'm not OLD, I am older than a lot of the teeny and early-20's who make up the mass of the MMO populations.  I hate to judge a game based on a first impression alone, as it can often be wrong.  When I logged into my randomly selected server, and chose the elvish-looking race, I started to play.  Here is what I found:

No one responded to my questions.  There were many players standing around apparently doing nothing.  There seemed to be quite a few Asian or nonsense names (i.e. kyonyan, or qwerty345)...

So, is there a server I should possibly play on, that has mostly US players?  I don't suppose there is a "RP" server for this game?  Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• DrTHDrTH Member Posts: 41

uhh theres only 1 server on the us/euro version

which version are you playing on?

• NavinaNavina Member Posts: 8

emm the western server has 1 server called novus so u must be in the eastern or somthing :/

-----------------
    Diablo2 exp-lvl86
    Guild wars-lvl20
    RF online-lvl48
    WoW-lvl23

• Dorin85Dorin85 Member Posts: 8

I started on the "Fire" server when the game came out... as a warrior. I was the first player to lvl 20 (8 hours) but then the mages passed me.

The game's grind curve is real weird compared to most rpgs... the leve cap is 50 but in the 30s it seems to quadruple the difficulty to level up after each level. I quit playing at lvl 37, it just got too boring. It's pvp system was unique but horrible in my opinion, it solely relied upon group PvP and some classes were much stronger than others. I had a few friends that made it to lvl 50 after many months of playing. One of them quit at level 48. He said that he would grind for many hours on end, killing the same monsters and get about 3% at the end of the day.

At level 50 there is nothing to do other than PvP. I really don't recommend this game.

• dedayiusdedayius Member Posts: 2

First, you definately want to be on the server called Novus. Second, as far as I understand the Cora race is incredibly anti-new player. Their whole economy is screwed up because of a gold dupe too. Not sure how helpful ACC are but Bells are very helpful and the map chat is nowhere near as horrid as anything you've seen in WoW. My in game name is the same as the forum name here, Dedayius so if you're on Bell side look me up.

EDIT: Also this game is based on PvP so do not be surprised if the game is focused around it. Much like you don't really play WoW for the PvP, you don't play RF for the PvE.

• MaggotscreamMaggotscream Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by Dorin85

I started on the "Fire" server when the game came out... as a warrior. I was the first player to lvl 20 (8 hours) but then the mages passed me.
    The game's grind curve is real weird compared to most rpgs... the leve cap is 50 but in the 30s it seems to quadruple the difficulty to level up after each level. I quit playing at lvl 37, it just got too boring. It's pvp system was unique but horrible in my opinion, it solely relied upon group PvP and some classes were much stronger than others. I had a few friends that made it to lvl 50 after many months of playing. One of them quit at level 48. He said that he would grind for many hours on end, killing the same monsters and get about 3% at the end of the day.
    At level 50 there is nothing to do other than PvP. I really don't recommend this game.

If you quit at level 37 you have no experience as level 50 so you wouldn't know if the PvP is boring or not. Oh and just so you know, they've increased the XP/PT rates ALOT in one of their recent-ish updates that makes the game alot more fun and easier to level.