Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons to try rf online

fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

If u like major grindfests, u r gonna like this game

If u like being killed by some1 2 lvls higher than u, u r gonna like it

If u like being kiled by some1 lower lvl than u with better equipment

If u like to camp the same mobs every 4 hrs so that u might get a decent ring, just to see 1 guy outdps your whole party, try it out

If u like farming for money, gear and upgrade material just to fail 30 consecutive times while trying to upgrade your gear stuff, your in for a fun experience

If u dont mind playing a buggy game, full of exploits, then this is your kind of game.

Yes i know this is all flames. I used to play the game during its first 7 months, i came bk now that its gone ftp only to find out that nothing has changed during a whole year ( i stopped playing last october) its still as buggy as it was, one guy can ks a whole party on epic mobs, the larger established guild are as selfish as ever and there is absolutely no balance between races, or even classes in the same race.

Dont get me wrong, it could be fun for the first couple of months, but after that the frustration kicks in and u will wonder why u wasted 2 months of your life playing that piece of XXXX.

Hopefully things will change with the next major update, god knows when its gonna hit cm's version, but until then its not worth playing at all. (i find miniclip games more enjoyable than rf online)

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

hmm, is this a korean grindfest type of MMO?

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

Yes it is. But u have to gring equipment as well as lvls, its pretty gear centered.

An excample: the lvl 50 bow does 1000-2000 dmg, if u get it to +5 it will do 80% more dmg but upgrades after +2 r not safe and the item can break.... Now most of the p2p pop has +5 all around the board (both armor and weapons) and +100% attk/ +80% defence from rings, which drop from named mobs that spawn every 4 hrs.

Ok the chances of u getting a set of armor and weapons to +5 r slim to none unless u dedicate ALOT of your time to farm the gear, and prepare yourself for dozens of fails, maybe even hundreds.

U ll prolly think: ok lets skip the upgrading part, i ll go for named mobs, camp the spawn point for 4 hrs with my grp and nail it!!!!!

Well here is how it works: what matters in regards to who gets the loot is personal dps. The dps of your party does not add up, so if some1 better geared than u or any1 in your party comes by and starts hitting the mob he will get the fat lootz. Dont matter if u got a full party or not, all it takes is 1 guy better geared than u ( after the game's been out for 1.5 yrs there are plenty of geared players) to get the mobs loot.

• s0ulls0ull Member Posts: 186

This is the nature of Koreon MMO's. Unfortunatly the top players tend to have played since the begining and the reward for constant play is to be one of the most powerful players, skill does play very little part in this game...

• MalkiorMalkior Member Posts: 3

Yes and no, 1-40 you can get in a few days if you wanted too. Hell you can get to 1-30 with -4 from all your PTs and that's excellent. It's the higher lvls when  you start having to work for your lvls. All in all it's worth it, you get what you put into it. You work hard and in the end you can sit back siege up and look at the culmination of your hard work when you pop toons and mobs for 2k damage :D.

====

It's a fun game imo but it's the players that seal the deal for me, I never hear something like "why dont you check this out newb?! what a stupid question! go read a guide newb!". The players on Acc side are always willing to lend a helping hand and that's my #1 reason for playing.

(^^\(O.O)/^^)ooOoO(Bewbies!)

• MalkiorMalkior Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by fantaros

If u like major grindfests, u r gonna like this game

If u like being killed by some1 2 lvls higher than u, u r gonna like it

If u like being kiled by some1 lower lvl than u with better equipment

If u like to camp the same mobs every 4 hrs so that u might get a decent ring, just to see 1 guy outdps your whole party, try it out

If u like farming for money, gear and upgrade material just to fail 30 consecutive times while trying to upgrade your gear stuff, your in for a fun experience

If u dont mind playing a buggy game, full of exploits, then this is your kind of game.

Yes i know this is all flames. I used to play the game during its first 7 months, i came bk now that its gone ftp only to find out that nothing has changed during a whole year ( i stopped playing last october) its still as buggy as it was, one guy can ks a whole party on epic mobs, the larger established guild are as selfish as ever and there is absolutely no balance between races, or even classes in the same race.
    Dont get me wrong, it could be fun for the first couple of months, but after that the frustration kicks in and u will wonder why u wasted 2 months of your life playing that piece of XXXX.

Hopefully things will change with the next major update, god knows when its gonna hit cm's version, but until then its not worth playing at all. (i find miniclip games more enjoyable than rf online)
    To each his own. :)

It can be a grind fest at times but how many games out there that everything you want is handed to you? I'm sure if they were like that then private servers wouldn't be as popular as they are.

If the character has better stats than you why shouldn't he win? If you're a lvl 40 merc facing a lvl 37 gladius and his PTs are capped and he's wearing full int and taliced gear while you're just wearing white. Why should he lose when he obviously put in more time to get a decent character than can hold it's own? You get what you pay*or rather work for*

I don't know about the other races but noone camps the ACC PBs they just show up a few minutes before or when it spots. Yes i've been out DPSed but I'm not going to cry, why should I get mad. You're telling me a lvl party of lvl 43s in all int gear should out DPS a party of 2-3 lvl 47+ that have full int gear with +4 talics atleast? Lets be real and compare they're combined damage along with the decent ring you're trying to get that they might already have.

You're angry that upgrading fails, imagine you finally succeeded and you're now happy sporting your high lvl +5 or + whatever gear you're telling me that a character that's a few lvls ahead of you with worse gear and stats should beable to out DPS you or wipe the floor with you in PvP?

(^^\(O.O)/^^)ooOoO(Bewbies!)

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

My frustration comes from the fact that after being away for a whole year, some of my guildies come on vent and tell me its free now.

So i log into the game and i see nothing has changed, and i mean nothing at all!!!!!!

And i cocnern to the pit-boss hunting, yes i dont mind looing the loot to some1 5 lvls above me.

I do mind though that when i assemble a party of 8 some random bloke who happens to be 5 lvls above will come and out-dps my whole freakin party.

It just feels wrong, especially when it is obvious he couldnt solo it in the first place.

And i dont know about acc cause my guild plays bells, but from what i v been told the major guilds log 1 48 bmau when thay feel like it at every pb and take em all. No matter how u look at it that is retarted....

U obviously want new players to come and play, i dont blame u. But when some elite guild controls the whole server (and u know that is entirely possible, and probable) and cm doesnt feel like changing anything ( i know they dont have the coding rights but frankly i dont care, i was a paying customer) u just dont deserve new players imo.

The current state of the game is that if u not decked out in equipment and lvls u cannot compete. And simply put: the game mechanics make it even harder for new players to reach that goal!