Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP

UberfatkidUberfatkid Member Posts: 98

Can someone tell me what a PVP only realm is and how you get your char better?

Comments

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

PVP only realm? Do you mean PVP only character?

A PVP only character is instantly level 20, and you have immediate access to all inscriptions, weapon hilts etc and skills that you have unlocked on your roleplaying characters. You earn balthazar faction from PvPing, such as in AB. You can turn-in that faction for new skills, weapon modifications, runes and heroes. You also earn Kurzick or Luxon faction, depending which your alliance/guild is allied with. You turn that faction into an NPC inside your guild's guild hall, which contributes to your alliance's total faction.

I hope that helped :)

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• UberfatkidUberfatkid Member Posts: 98

Yes it did thank you. So as long as I gain faction I can get better armor, weapons and skills?

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Yep. Balthazar faction = Weapon mods such as hilts and handles, skills, heroes and runes (Runes are used to make your armor more powerful).

Also, if you didn't know:   To modify your armor and weapons open your inventory and click 'PvP Equipment'.

Hope that helped some more

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

Yea sweet man I really appreciate it. And sorry last question, Should I make a regular character and get him to 20 before I make a pvp only character?

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by Uberfatkid

Yes it did thank you. So as long as I gain faction I can get better armor, weapons and skills?

Careful there. "Better" is subjective.

No matter how much faction you have a sword will always do 15-22 damage top.

Faction points will allow you to unlock modifications such as:
    • Up to +15% damage while health is above 50%
    • Up to +15% while Enchanted
    • Up to +15% while in a Stance
    Those are Inscriptions.

Then you have Prefixes and Suffixes. For example a Furious sword of Fortitude will grant you up to 10% chance to gain double Adrenaline on hit (Furious) and up to +30 HP bonus (Fortitude).
  • jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143
    Originally posted by Uberfatkid

Yea sweet man I really appreciate it. And sorry last question, Should I make a regular character and get him to 20 before I make a pvp only character?

You should defently make a regular character just to unlock some of the starting skills.As all PvE unlocks are transfered to your PvP characters , and that can save you some time. But you don't have to get him to lvl 20 , thoug it doesn't take that long to get there.

Oh thanks, And yea thats true I have been playing three days and im level 13