Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Henchmen and Heroes

KaneKane Member Posts: 780

I've had GW since launch, but continually put it down because after awhile, the single player game becomes, to me, too hard to solo. The henchmen are virtually worthless and I can never get a decent pick up group to get through the story. If I were to get any of the expansions, do they give you access to the better henchmen (heroes?) available there or am I still stuck with these weenies? Any tips to get through the story?

Comments

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Stop pugging and join a guild, pm me ingame (Tyr Dominator) and i'll send you an invite

imageimage

• FatamorganaFatamorgana Member Posts: 110

I went the first campaings story almost only with henchman( not included the very last missions, those i went with people just to make sure).

But Heros are better than henchman.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Hmm...I manage perfectly fine with henches/heroes. In some cases they're even better than people! You just need to learn to take it slow, such as not aggroing too many mobs, then you'll be fine. Nightfall introduces Heroes, and GWEN too if you want to get that instead, so I'd recommend picking that up. Customizing their skills is definitely a huge advantage as you can adapt to situations.

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

I think I need to clarify my question. If I were to buy one of the expansions, does that give me access to heroes for the original quest line(s)?

Lonesamurai, I may have to take you up on that. Thanks.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by Kane

I think I need to clarify my question. If I were to buy one of the expansions, does that give me access to heroes for the original quest line(s)?

Lonesamurai, I may have to take you up on that. Thanks.

By purchasing either Nightfall or GW:EN, you gain access to Heroes.  You have a much larger amount of controll with Heroes and I think they are a lot more fun.  Two other guild leader from my alliance and myself just completed GW:EN and it was a lot of fun we spent a few days just doing quests and trying out a couple dungeons.  Each of us brought along our favorite Heros and we just mashed things.  For the boss we had fun creating build specifically just to kill the boss.  It brought back that original enjoyment to the game that I had when Prophecies first came out.

I suggest getting the nighhfall and joining a guild...get factions when you can.

Have fun if you are west coast and need a alliance that is active look up:

Elaine Aes Sedai

East coast or Europe hit up Lone.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

Very cool. Thanks for the input! I'll get Nightfall ASAP.

Got the trial for the campaigns free, so playing around with that. I started a new Nightfall character...got my first hero. Now, uh...how do I get him with my original characters?

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
    Unlock travel to Elona, from Lion's Arch.

You need to have bound your NF game key to your original account though.

Its all one account, yeah. Just have to get to Lion's Arch then! Thanks! Now to find a map...