Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spam blocker or report as spam function for mail.

Oh woe is me!

I have been victimized by gold sellers for the first time today. Apparently gold sellers are resorting to using MMORPG.com as a method for distributing spam w/o terminating their EULA of the game itself. Pretty clever, but still so G*d D**n annoying!

Please site admins, add a button on the mail to report users who you receive spam from, please add an internal mail filter that will block any email that has an address with the word gold in it, or any mail that has the word gold and power leveling in it. Please Please! You will start loosing dedicated members of this site if you do not do something before it becomes too late! People will not even bother to use the mail system simply because they know its just gonna have junk spam in it.

Soon people are just going to start creating forum posts saying go here for gold. They get banned and thread locked, well they just create a new user and post it again, or use IP masking, or use a different computer. This has the potential to get WAY out of hand if you don't do something about it.

Thanks and sorry for the rant

----------------------
Played (In order of favorite first to least): DAOC, EQ2, EVE, WOW, Vanguard, AC2, City of __, Guild Wars, LOTRO, EQ, Sword of New World, FFXI, Lineage 2, Second Life, DDO, Anarchy Online, RF Online, Archlord, Uru, Ragnarok Online, Shadowbane, Planetside, Auto Assault, Ryzom, Matrix Online, Horizons, Entropia, Sims, Runescape, Lineage 1, AC1, Dungeon Runners

Comments

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I just got my second gold spam in my inbox, two days in a row. 

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

Hey guys,

Blocking the words "gold" or "power level" wouldn't do us much good - the gold sellers would just start using "g0ld" and "p0wer level" and such - we could never really stop the influx.  I do, however, have some ideas, and I will keep you guys updated on any upcoming changes.  I'm a dedicated gold-seller-hater, and I will do anything I can to get rid of this :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com