Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help with guild wars..

DreawingDreawing Member Posts: 362

i was thinking of gettin guild wars and wanting eye of the north but do i need nightfall?? and if it doesn't in eye of north will all countrys from all other guild wars be in it??

Comments

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

In order to play Eye of the North you only need 1 of the 3 campaigns. So it will work with either Prophecies/Factions/Nightfall. Just as long as you have one of them. Preferably all of them for the skills, but not required.

• DreawingDreawing Member Posts: 362

thx

and how much is factions?? or nightfall or guild wars??

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

really depends on where u buy them from...anywhere from 39.99 - 59.99...but i doubt it will be that much

well im from canada so..

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Well you can buy the Original Guild Wars (Prophecies) and the new Eye of the North for $59 in the online store @ PlayNc and also I've noticed other online retailers like Amazon and some retailers locally packaging different versions together for the same price.

Im in Canada too; check out Future Shop and Best Buy for deals.

ah and if i get one of the 3 am i able to go to like tyria or the place in nightfall and so/so

1.Original = Tyria continent - multiple area themed,  jungle, desert and mountains

2.Factions = Cantha Continent - asian themed

3.Nightfall = Elona continent - african themed

with 1,2 or 3 you cant travel to the other areas unless you own them.

Eye of the North = Whole new area but one of the above needed to play.

so if i get factions i cant go to like tyria or elona but only cathona

yes that right - factions has the alliance battles PvP too (fun) 12v12

sweet!! and is the skill system easy to use to ??

Pretty easy, unlock skills in PvE and they will appear for any PvP only character you make to use, more PvP faction points you earn (in Factions) the more you can unlock more for PvP. Each game type of Guild Wars has it own set of unique skills.

Best thing is the story line though in my opinion if you play through them all. I would play from the start. (original)

Here are the Manuals for each game.

http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/manuals.php

You have the ability to link one character all the way through each of them if you want, so character in one game can all go over and do the other games quests and pvp types if you want. Or you can play them all independantly.

Good Luck!

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

The price of the three campaigns varies, but prophecies is generally the cheapest and Nightfall the most expensive considering it's the newest of the three campaigns. Although I was fortunate enough to buy all three campaigns for just 50$ at Sam's Club one day.

• asasenpaiasasenpai Member Posts: 124

Find a cheaper price in the shops.