Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Ball Online

loftlyloftly Member Posts: 8
"Today, Bandai Visual announced that Akira Toriyama's popular manga and anime series "Dragon Ball" will become an online game called "Dragon Ball Online". Toriyama will oversee the project, while the Tokyo/Seoul-based company "NTL" will develop it. The game is scheduled for a release in 2008 in Japan, but a beta test in Korea will start this summer. Fees and payment schedules are undecided at this time.

The game itself is based in a world several hundred years after the events of Dragon Ball. This allows for both well-known characters and all-new characters to be introduced to gamers. Players can freely customize their hair, clothing and other facets of their character, group with other players and defeat powerful enemies and quests. Players can also challenge one another in combat."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-03-20/dragon-ball-online-mmo-to-be-released-in-2008

screenshots:

http://www.4gamer.net/news.php?url=/news/history/2007.03/20070320162228detail.html

Comments

• kogo210kogo210 Member Posts: 12
    Thats freakin awesome Im pretty sure the game is going to have very awesome gameplay and awesome PvP.(Now all they have to make is a Kingdom hearts mmorpg).
  • XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719
    Am I dreaming.

• FaranoxFaranox Member Posts: 37
    I just found a website where some punk is trying to design his own DBZ MMO. It makes me laugh a little. Either way, I don't like the idea, but I'm sure lots of people will buy it just for it's universe. I expect some tweaked combat.
  • xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249
    OMG, I want to play it now!
  • Azeroth1312Azeroth1312 Member Posts: 21
    you realize it's probably not coming to america right?
  • MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Originally posted by Azeroth1312
    you realize it's probably not coming to america right?
    /QFT

They said Japan and Korea. Nothing about a Western release.

• DyrttDyrtt Member Posts: 422
    I just threw up in my mouth a little. 

I can't wait to hear people talk about the community this game will attract.  It'll make WOW look like a formal tea party.
  • AtomyAtomy Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Even if its comes out in Europe, the game will lack lots and lots AI etc. Imagine 20.000 Super Sajans ( Don't know how to write that errr).
  • Chase05Chase05 Member Posts: 113

This game looks really good cant w8 till 2008

It looks like a game that I will enjoy playing

• This game looks god dam awesome and i have only seen 3 screenshots! i dont care what anyone says but if you have watched DB movies and episodes you can see this can be a very in deepth game, lots to do and lots of skills!  This will be awesome i hope they release some videos of the gameplay!!

woooooo! cant wait
  • bombermannbombermann Member Posts: 18

2008?! I can't wait!!! I want it now!

Please find information about an european release... pleaseeeeeeee

• Quest1209Quest1209 Member Posts: 5

I Think The Game Would be sick i would buy it i heard its only for Xbox 360 tho

• OverpowerOverpower Member Posts: 105

Originally posted by loftly

"Today, Bandai Visual announced that Akira Toriyama's popular manga and anime series "Dragon Ball" will become an online game called "Dragon Ball Online". Toriyama will oversee the project, while the Tokyo/Seoul-based company "NTL" will develop it. The game is scheduled for a release in 2008 in Japan, but a beta test in Korea will start this summer. Fees and payment schedules are undecided at this time.
    The game itself is based in a world several hundred years after the events of Dragon Ball. This allows for both well-known characters and all-new characters to be introduced to gamers. Players can freely customize their hair, clothing and other facets of their character, group with other players and defeat powerful enemies and quests. Players can also challenge one another in combat."
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-03-20/dragon-ball-online-mmo-to-be-released-in-2008

screenshots:

http://www.4gamer.net/news.php?url=/news/history/2007.03/20070320162228detail.html

Any true fan of DBZ will know that Saiyans are very very limited in existence. And you can only be an SSJ4 by being a pure Saiyan breed. Unless the game takes place in the distanct past before the original DB, it won't make sense at all. Just count the total number of saiyans in the series and you'll get what I mean. Vegeta, Goku, Brolly and Brolly's dad were the last Saiyans after the Frieza incident. Everyone else after that were half breeds and quarter breeds.

I'm not liking the idea that Toriyama-san is forcing a new storyline just to make more money. What happened to the PASSION mutha...?!!! Oh yeah, he's just going to be known as a sellout in the community.

To Crybabies: Uhm...if a game pisses you off, don't play it - duh.
    To Crybabies - Part 2: If you want a game to suit all your needs, start off by going to college to become a Game Designer.
    Emo User Award: busdriver, for his love of Britney Spears - The Prize - Winning Posts

• JudgifyJudgify Member Posts: 10

Why can't they ever make a game of DBZ that DOESNT look like its right off the television. It's like running around a cartoon character. Was hoping for a more realistic looking approach to the graphics. What a let down. Too bad.

• Ben_GrayBen_Gray Member Posts: 17

They better release it to the West.

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415

lol, it would suck.

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

• MalamaMalama Member Posts: 5

It could be cool and i would like to test this game,but the grafics and world looks very boring at this stage

• shadow417shadow417 Member UncommonPosts: 170

People i know you Realy want to play the Game its like me To but you need to know if thay say like ah we gone Release DBO in some Day you will see that thay only want money but if thay take there Time it Will Be Fine and all that you know is. not like the other Game's that have Been Released its Full with bugs and Stuff you know, its Fun with bugs and Stuff and with DBO it will be GReat with not that mutch Bugs there will be Bugs in all Games, thats what you need To Respect there only humans to and thats Good,so W8 and Relax and have Fun with you game that you heve now and when it Comes play it thill you Ge Creazy "dont do it " and have fun thx for Reading.

greetz Shadow "BTW sry for my Language i am From Belgium "

• MaggotscreamMaggotscream Member Posts: 284

This game has been in beta for a while (atleast 10 months).

• jirehthedoomjirehthedoom Member Posts: 1

whose your name

• El_GostroEl_Gostro Member Posts: 17

Just think of SWG or the whole Star wars expanded universe,just how many sith and jedi  are there?

999998978 sayans wouldnt exactly pose a novelty,remember Goku and vegeta's families seem to reproduce like bunnies,and if all other explanations fail,we can recurr to the cardinal rule of DB story telling

Create a new POWERFULEST UNBETEABLE LEGENDARY POWER CANNIBALISTIC enemy (for Goku to beat)

• rapstylerapstyle Member Posts: 31

Yeah!!!!!Cool!!!!!!!

• Mak-A-VeliMak-A-Veli Member Posts: 18

That would suck if they didn't bring it over to America

• kioshiro12kioshiro12 Member Posts: 1

ok i have somne news that you didnt talk ...

1 we will be : namekian or terrian   no sayein there cause they are all dead   atleast almost all dead  trunk  from the future should be there

the game will be release in america  because they know that there are a lots ... and i mean a lots of fan of the series in america   it may be the gratess anime evert or  greates manga   so i wouldn't worry much

that all i know  :(

all hail DBZ !!!