Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Online Is Full Of Cheaters And Robots --- EA Ignores It And Stratics Hides It

eammoeammo Member Posts: 20

I just tried Ultima Online again and it's full of cheaters running their characters with software scripts and not even playing themselves. The main program they are using is <Mod edit>. Ultima Online is apparently mostly played by AFK macroed characters running 24 hours per day with this free 3rd party program and hundreds of free scripts. It's not fun playing a game with robot programs that don't speak or interact, not fun at all. EA lets players get away with running scripts by simply answering a game master when he shows up. The very scripts themselves can sound an alarm for a player to let him know a GM is there so he can respond and then go right back to running his scripted character and cheating.

At the same time, these scripted accounts are utterly destroying the game's economy. And, Electronic Arts (EA) appears to be doing very little if anything about it, except ignoring it. I went to great effort to collect and organize information on some major multi-server cheating accounts and reported them to EA and all I got back from EA was generic responses. The cheaters continue to run to this day, non-stop, all day, generating and flooding the game with millions and millions of gold and items.

So I tried to help make the players aware on the forums at Stratics, but I found that Stratics is doing Ultima Online more harm than good and it is very likely that some of their moderators are involved in these large cheating operations to make and sell gold. The UO forums hosted by Stratics (Ultima Online does not even have it's own forums), which advertise other MMOs at the top of every page, are doing everything they can to hide, lock or delete any post by players organizing efforts to locate, report, and expose these major multi-server cheaters. What would be their motivation in keeping the cheaters a secret?

Anyway, Stratics is not useful and a waste of time. Obviously, any posts which conflict with some of their moderator's cheating gold selling operations will be swiftly removed. I just posted some screenshots without even writing some text to go with them and Stratics deleted them. So, I'm going to start posting these major cheating operations here so that players can be made aware of them, identify them, and hopefully report them when they see them.

As for Stratics itself, its a worthless forum for posting anything important, it's full of garbage posts and imbeciles being led by the well established Stratics cheaters themselves who make a living off it.

Ultima Online is not worth playing right now. Especially for a new account. The game is flooded with gold and items that have been scripted by robots. EA does not seem to care and the Stratics forums actually make the problem worse by hiding it all. You will absolutely not be able to compete in UO unless you run scripts yourself, and what's the fun in that?

Comments

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

UO died after Trammel/Felucca YEARS ago. Stop fooling yourself and enduring this mess they're still calling UO.

PS: Macroing for skills has been an accepted part of the game since as long as I can remember. This of course only applies to raising skills with them, not doing EVERYTHING with them.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• rangharranghar Member UncommonPosts: 145
    I don't know if this still applies, but back when I was playing UO on release and a couple years after it was the case. Uo.Stratics.Com was hosted on www.owo.com servers. Which is now uoherald.com I believe. I remember using telnet to connect to uo.stratics and seeing that it was an OSI server. They arn't going to bash or hinder the game that made them what they are. Stratics wouldn't be much if not for UO. Besides...UO is dead, there is no doubt about that. There is no returning to its glory days, even if they released a classic server. On that note, subscribers are subscribers. They can use every bot/macroer they have. It is a shame. When the facets were introduced the game lost its appeal. It was no longer truely sandbox. You no longer had the fear of having good items on you when fighting in a dungeon. No longer had to worry about getting murdered in the woods somewhere. It lost some realism and a feeling of danger and excitement. Don't waste time with it :D, and if you do. I recommend checking out www.uogamers.com

Ranghar LoD
    Lords of Death

• eammoeammo Member Posts: 20

The rules state that you cannot use any third party programs that are not approved.  Therefore, the only program that is allowed for macroing is UO Assist.  But UO Assist does not even loop.  It does not matter anyway because many that seriously macro in Ultima Online use easyuo, which is a powerful scripting program that can do anything a player can do, but with super speed and accuracy, and which can even do things a normal player could never do.  It's like having a god account.

EA does not scan for cheat programs and they even dropped plans for Punkbuster last year, so while the rules state that third party programs cannot be used, they have no way of enforcing it.

Thus, the scripts run rampant and there is no way to stop them.  GMs never come, their Stratics forums remove any posts trying to expose the cheaters and the cheaters  just keeping getting braver and braver, running more and more robot characters and more openly.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Seriously, you have nothing better to do than hunt down botters... time for a new game me thinks.... if its not fun..don't play it....

Of course Stratics removes your posts...its not their job to enforce anti-botting in UO and they have no way to verify if what you post is valid or not.  They could be sued by someone you wrongfully accuse....so why should they let you spam their forums up (that you don't pay for btw)

You're too strung out about this issue...so what...every game has botters..and I'm sure EA figures botter accounts are better than no accounts....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Seriously, learn to end a sentence with a period.

You don't need to hunt them down in UO, there are so many of them, you bump into them stepping out your front door.  I found four major multi-server scripting operations all in the same small area of Moonglow, and all unintentially.  I just kept running into them.

And, Stratics does not need to enforce anything!  If it's not there job they don't need to do anything at all, do they? They can let players discuss what is important to them. They have no responsibility for something someone posts anonymously.  What they do need to do is allow disscusions that may not be so pleasant, and allow players to openly discuss major cheaters so that they can be exposed and reported correctly to the GMs.

I'll post some and you will see what I am talking about.  It's extreme.

• NussbaumNussbaum Member Posts: 27

As someone said it has always been an accepted part of the game.My own stance on macroing skills is that you need to raise your very first character by hand and after that macroing is ok. As for resource macroing, I think its ok too but developers should make it part of the normal game. Grinding in a game should be kept to a minimum.

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

Botting / Skill spamming / macro spammers have been inexistance in UO since the day it launched.   Whether or not it really affects another game time is something to be argued over.  Back in the hay day it just mean thtey skilled up faster but otherwise they couldn't really use it to their over advantage (atleast in my memory).

Hell back then you could just create a single macro sit a book on a key that presses that macro and walk off for a few hours and bam you got a few skill points.   Honestly there's no real way to combat it and no real reason too at this age since it would drive away what customer base they have. 

I kinda miss those days not the grinding though god doign everything by hand the hardway without macros was a nightmare.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

The macros are very advanced now and can do anything a player can do and more.

It is highly damaging.  See my other posts here.  These guys are generating hundreds of millions of gold per day doing nothing but clicking a Start Macro button.  The economy is wrecked.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Stratics is just another UO fanforum and not the official forums anymore.

As for cheating, if you so dislike the EA shards then why not try a freeshard?

EA shards are not really supported at the moment anyway, as they are busy with KR.

It is a game, if you get upset about it, it is better to step away from it.

And as cynic the combination of Mythic (one of the companies that had to introduce retro servers to keep their player base) combined with EA (a company which lost their place of no1 of mmorpgs and where most players agree that they evolved too far and also wish retro servers)  can only end in a catastrophy.

• fukufuku Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by eammo

So I tried to help make the players aware on the forums at Stratics, but I found that Stratics is doing Ultima Online more harm than good and it is very likely that some of their moderators are involved in these large cheating operations to make and sell gold. The UO forums hosted by Stratics (Ultima Online does not even have it's own forums), which advertise other MMOs at the top of every page, are doing everything they can to hide, lock or delete any post by players organizing efforts to locate, report, and expose these major multi-server cheaters. What would be their motivation in keeping the cheaters a secret?
    Yeah, Stratics is the gathering place for gaming's grandpas, grandmas, and wussys.  They thrive there because all their opposition is locked or deleted by the similarly minded staff.

The original UO forums and Stratics are probably 90% responsible for the dumb chat interface that UO has become.  The game is practically built for scripters and macroers because everything is so mindless and there very little competitive spirit left in the game.  It's a good place to run a script, why don't you start?

From the sounds of it, they won't do anything anway.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Here are the people the control what is said or suggested about Ultima Online at Stratics:

Ultima Online Stratics staff and moderators:

No wonder!

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Try Siege Perilous if you do not like Trammel-Felucca. There is no Trammel on Siege from what I heard. I don't play on siege myself, but I heard its the place to go if you like old-school UO.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Then I stand corrected. Like I said I had only heard this.

• WestfordWestford Member Posts: 2

Omg... people, what are u talking about? UO will live forever... its the best game, what i have ever seen.

P.S. sorry for bad english, im a russian UOs fan.

• OGJacksonOGJackson Member UncommonPosts: 23

That is probably because you just started playing a year or two ago.

Most people who started the game after AOS or, right before the world split, will always say the game is great, because they didnt play the Legend when it was new!

• WestfordWestford Member Posts: 2

Hm... U want to say that this game WAS great? in first chapters?