Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Assault: Final Day for Auto Assault

2»

Comments

• YrdachYrdach Member Posts: 1

Having played beta from the beginning and a few months at the start I am sad to see the game end.  The concept and the novelty of the game was truly great, it just did not get the attention it needed. I know I leveled two seperate characters to end game in very little time, as with many games it failed to deliver to a broad audience at that point, this was very much a live fast die young sort of game.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

I played it in beta as well.  Reminded me strongly of the ol' PS1 game Twisted Metal.  Like others have said it was fun in small doses but I just couldn't get into it for more than an hour at a time. 

Plus rather poor advertising didn't help either, not enough people noticed the game to want to give it a try.  Only EA's botched marketing of Earth & Beyond was worse.

I have no opinion on whether they killed AA for TR, I will leave that to the conspiracy theorists to hash out.  NCSoft certainately could of supported AA and TR, unless there was some internal issues they didn't make public.  Again, I will leave that to all you conspiracy types.  

R.I.P. AA

• lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

:(

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by jakoblin

please close this thread  please !!!

What a necro - Sep 2007.

AA was the last CE that I bought prior to RIFT.  The game had been such a blast during the beta, I thought a bunch of the pseudo Car Wars folks would give it a try; but when it launched, the servers were so freaking empty.

Remember when Statesman made the announcement that they were developing a Car Wars-like game in Austin, I began to drool at that point...

...bad advertising, too many servers, not given a chance at all.

Painful memories, painful memories of it closing down.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I bought this game, but didn't install it right away because I was trying to finish up some other things first. Then I got the wonderful news that I missed any opportunity.  Too bad there wasn't the incentive to switch struggling games to FTP back then.    *sigh*

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I came in here incredibly sad thinking I could've been playing this whole time. Glad to see it was a necro.