Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMFG The Injustice

So I live in flagstaff az which is major navajo territory and my question is why the hell do they get a monthly check from the government and basically their college education for free. It's fricking bs. I have to work two jobs to go to college and they get handouts. Last time I checked I haven't been on my horse shooting their buffalo for a long time. When is this racist bullshit gonna end.

If I have to scratch to make a living as a white guy why shouldn't everyone else.

Comments

• Negotiated terms of peace. If you'd rather be the one with the annihilated history, culture, people, and world...

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

Originally posted by sadeis

So I live in flagstaff az which is major navajo territory and my question is why the hell do they get a monthly check from the government and basically their college education for free. It's fricking bs. I have to work two jobs to go to college and they get handouts. Last time I checked I haven't been on my horse shooting their buffalo for a long time. When is this racist bullshit gonna end.
    If I have to scratch to make a living as a white guy why shouldn't everyone else.

Because their ancestors were raped, murdered, and thrown off their land by your ancestors.

It sucks to be be you now, but it sucked even worse to be them when the "white man" came.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• MizabMizab Member Posts: 149

It's been like that for a very long time pretty much if you are a white middle class male you are the worst thing to be. You get the least amount of help for college and have to have a much better GPA and try harder then any other race or sex to get into good schools.

I really don't think it's fair that we still have to pay for what are forefathers did but we do and will for probaly forever. Something funny though I have done a lot of genology and I can track over 25+ relatives that have been killed either by indians or negros so I think they should have to pay for my schooling since there races killed my people they wronged me a long time ago I deserve something for that right? oh nevermind I am white and male I have no rights and can never claim anything with race.

• daq113daq113 Member Posts: 95

I guess it was ok for their ancestors to rape,scalp,skin and murder our forefathers?

Edit:meant to quote keebs

Excatly not like any of are forefathers have done 100% right in the past so instead of having to try and make some kind of amends what we need to do is have real equality where when someone applies for a scholorship and/or grants race and sex aren't even asked same goes for getting into schools. It needs to be just about how much a person needs and how well they are doing in school. The most deserving people should be kids that come from low income families that are doing very well in school. It shouldn't  be based on race or sex in anyway just who needs the most.

Here is an example how it should be.

Two highschool kids are getting ready to try for colleges and scholorships/and or grants

Kid A has a 3.5 GPA and comes from a family that makes 15,000$ a year  also is a white male

Kid B has a 2.9 GPA and comes from a family that makes 25,000$ a year also is a female african american  

Now lets assume they are pretty much equal in all other aspects of school for this example.

Now in a perfect world where race and sex doesn't matter and we have equality Kid A should get more scholorships and grant and be able to get into a better school then Kid B

Now lets see how the example would be today Well Kid B would have around 3 times the mone in grants and scholorships then Kid B and she would also be able to get into a better or same school as Kid A due to her race and Sex. Kid A is going to get very little in scholarships and some grants also he will have a harder time getting into school.

Now with the second how is this fair at all because someones ancestors did wrong a long time ago they have to pay now? I mean how long do they have to pay for is there a set time or amount? It's bull I bet if people did enough tracking they probaly could find all sorts of times a certain race wronged them.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I have a friend up there in Flagstaff. I would have to say that they would probabily need it. I mean some people almost wiped the mout you know.  I hear they drink a lot though.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

ok we took their land.......i dont see any other countries giving money to people they opressed, i dont see Germany giving Jews money for the holocaust. Its ridiculous we dont need to give these guys money, they all have the same oppurtinities as everyone else, why should they get money?

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

I have a friend up there in Flagstaff. I would have to say that they would probabily need it. I mean some people almost wiped the mout you know.  I hear they drink a lot though.

whata mean some people almost wiped them out??? This happened hundreds of years ago, and their still depressed and turning to alcoholism because their great-great-great grandpa was killed by the white devils. there are alot of poor alcoholic white people to, should we give them money too?

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I don't know. I mean this is somethings that has to be researched for me to even say anything.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Because if you didn't pay them, they would smash the place up.

Here in England we still do the same for the Welsh the Scots, the Irish and the EU.

As long as the peace dividend is greater than the taxation, we are onto a winner.

It's like one of those mafia movies but on a bigger scale. Everyone who is on your payroll causes no trouble. It's the ones that won't take the money you have to watch for.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

double post

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

Originally posted by tvalentine

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

whata mean some people almost wiped them out??? This happened hundreds of years ago, and their still depressed and turning to alcoholism because their great-great-great grandpa was killed by the white devils. there are alot of poor alcoholic white people to, should we give them money too?

[sarcasm]Oops! You said something bad about a non-white person, your such a racist closed-minded idiot![/sarcasm]
  • PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

it's a effort to help a hugely troubled group of people getting somewhere. A very high percentage of these people would probably get nowhere without this help.

I don't see any problems with it. Be happy you aren't in a situation like that.

Germany has paid compensation to victims of the Nazi regime.

Originally posted by Phoenixs

it's a effort to help a hugely troubled group of people getting somewhere. A very high percentage of these people would probably get nowhere without this help.

yeah germany and the holocaust was a bad example i guess, considering people are still alive from when it happened ...... the whole us taking the indian land happened what 200-400 years ago??

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

The whining of the privleged is getting so tiresome around here.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

It might be a better idea to make groups in terms of wealth and income instead of terms of race and gender. That way only the people that need the extra funds receive them.

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461

Originally posted by SioBabble

The whining of the privleged is getting so tiresome around here.

QFT.

• Yes, if you really want to get right down to it these people were conquered. These are the terms of peace. Considering the nation broke its treaties with them on multiple occasions, I don't find it terribly troubling this one is still in effect. Personally, I'd rather have the land, money, political power, and history. You know, instead being forced into a reservation, having my culture destroyed systematically, being lied to and outright stabbed in the back over and over again, having a huge chunk of my ancestors killed by war or famine or disease, having my people's language slowly erode until it's totally forgotten, having my culture torn apart to become a shadow of what it once was, having my faith defiled, having my entire way of life turned into a stereotype for westerns to mock and boy scouts to half-idolize, and being forced to balance my cultural identity with blending in with my conquerors in order to advance and succeed.

• FerusaFerusa Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by tvalentine

yeah germany and the holocaust was a bad example i guess, considering people are still alive from when it happened ...... the whole us taking the indian land happened what 200-400 years ago??

Germany didn't take land from the Jews, and if you wanted to be technical, why aren't the Jews asking for handouts from the Romans for I think a thousand years or so, some obscene number like that?   The "white man" came, took land that belonged to the native americans dating back to the time of christ (or so it is believed) , they raped there people, made many of them sick-causing them deaths while suffering, took there lands, and if they did not want to "obey" they where killed. After the general domination of their race, they where forced onto reservations, it wasn't "hey if you Indians want to go over to that reservation, just go on if ya want.." it was "go to the reservation or...get killed" , you have to remember this is THERE homeland, if you or I where to trace our ancestry back, it would be to Europe, not the Americas.

Besides, our money goes towards stupider things, why not pay back some of our debt to native americans to make ourselves feel better.

And last but not least, yes middle class whites are underprivledged at this point, you can thank affirmative action for that.

Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• kashaunkashaun Member Posts: 220

It simply comes down to business, those Navajo made a deal when they had the chance, so they secured that for their people. Drive a few miles to some other reservation or community and you'll see a whole different set up. My tribe gets nothing aside from what local businesses bring in, but in general, it's no different then any other town around there. I don't get any money from the government, payed for college out of my own pocket, and I work for a living. Show me where to sign up for all these freebies natives are supposed to be getting.

Never give up and never surrender!

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516

There is so much ignorance in this thread I just had to post..........that is all.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• JonnyHelfireJonnyHelfire Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Sawtooth

Yes, if you really want to get right down to it these people were conquered. These are the terms of peace. Considering the nation broke its treaties with them on multiple occasions, I don't find it terribly troubling this one is still in effect. Personally, I'd rather have the land, money, political power, and history. You know, instead being forced into a reservation, having my culture destroyed systematically, being lied to and outright stabbed in the back over and over again, having a huge chunk of my ancestors killed by war or famine or disease, having my people's language slowly erode until it's totally forgotten, having my culture torn apart to become a shadow of what it once was, having my faith defiled, having my entire way of life turned into a stereotype for westerns to mock and boy scouts to half-idolize, and being forced to balance my cultural identity with blending in with my conquerors in order to advance and succeed.

Mexicans are mocked alot worse these days...

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by JonnyHelfire

Originally posted by Sawtooth

Yes, if you really want to get right down to it these people were conquered. These are the terms of peace. Considering the nation broke its treaties with them on multiple occasions, I don't find it terribly troubling this one is still in effect. Personally, I'd rather have the land, money, political power, and history. You know, instead being forced into a reservation, having my culture destroyed systematically, being lied to and outright stabbed in the back over and over again, having a huge chunk of my ancestors killed by war or famine or disease, having my people's language slowly erode until it's totally forgotten, having my culture torn apart to become a shadow of what it once was, having my faith defiled, having my entire way of life turned into a stereotype for westerns to mock and boy scouts to half-idolize, and being forced to balance my cultural identity with blending in with my conquerors in order to advance and succeed.

Mexicans are mocked alot worse these days...

yes but Mexicans still have their own country........and are slowly getting another one lol.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

Well the usual responces showed up about how the privileged are whining. Glad I lived such a life of privilege being tossed around from either foster home or shelter to my crackhead mother who never had a job. When I was old enough to go to college i had a 3.8 GPA in high school which was really hard with transfering schools and being bounced around. When I applied for the pell grant and some other goverment aid I was able to put down for my familys income $7000 dollars and thats all I made my mother made nothing.

The counsler at my college was amazed that I was like the first white guy that got nearly all the goverment aid I could there was still some I didn't get and I nearly got the whole pell grant even. Now your probaly saying to your self what are you bitching about then?

Now here comes the funny part I met a guy in college that I at first thought grew up similar to me since he was getting a lot of the same aid I was. Come to find out he did alright in high school and his parents had a income of around $45000 and he was able to get more goverment aid because of me? Now WTF how does this work I mean compare the two of us I was in much more need then he was and I still can't get as much aid as him with coming from a pretty good life? How does this work oh ya he just so happens to be african american.

So now when you respond about how the privileged are whining or how it's good to help them because they are needy how about you read this and see why the system is fucked. It needs to be a system based on WHO NEEDS THE MOST NOT WHAT RACE YOU ARE.

I already know some one is going to respond with something supid because logic is always to hard to comprehend for the mass's.

• Originally posted by Mizab

So now when you respond about how the privileged are whining or how it's good to help them because they are needy how about you read this and see why the system is fucked. It needs to be a system based on WHO NEEDS THE MOST NOT WHAT RACE YOU ARE.
    I already know some one is going to respond with something supid because logic is always to hard to comprehend for the mass's.  

Why should the government give any of us money at all? Why does need dictate reward? In your example, shouldn't you have received bonuses based on how good you were in school, rather than how much money you needed?