Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shafted by paypal

kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

Your account access limitation cannot be lifted at this time.  We need more

information about your account before we can proceed with the appeal

process.   Please complete the steps below so that we may review your

account further:

Add a credit card and enter your Expanded Use Number.

Fax a copy of a current utility bill. The bill must show your name and

address exactly as they appear in your PayPal account.

OR

In place of a utility bill, we will accept a copy of a cell phone bill,

insurance papers, doctor's bill or invoice, tuition statement, tax document

or any other official document that helps us verify your residency at the

address listed on your PayPal account.

PayPal requests that you provide additional information regarding the

following transaction(s):

Transaction ID: 8T018815RP626335N

Transaction ID: 47584911SE376791H

In order to proceed with the investigation of these funds, the following

information must be submitted to PayPal:

A full description of the item that was purchased, and the value of the

item. If the payment was for a service, please describe the service

purchased.

Confirmation that you received the item or provide tracking if you shipped

the item.

Details of any other payments you sent or received that were related to the

above transaction.

Any information regarding the relationship or business affiliation you may

have with the above party(ies).

Email communication or written correspondence shared regarding the above

transaction.

We would like to obtain as much information as possible about the above

transaction(s), in order to expedite this investigation.

If you are faxing information, you must use the cover page provided by

PayPal. The cover page contains information specific to you and using it

ensures that your documents are routed and handled in a timely manner. If

you no longer have a copy of the fax cover sheet, please fax the requested

documentation to 1-402-537-5731 Attn: Account Review Department. Please

notate your email address and the following case number when faxing the

documentation:

Case Number: PP-331-222-965

Sincerely,

Melissa

PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal, an eBay Company[/quote]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

See this is where i seriously am thinking about contacting my lawyer and sueing their ass down to the ground, first off ive never been filed against by anyone, they just feel like harrassing random people now and then, i even gave them what they asked me for first, then thats obviously enough, now they want all my personal information i mean Who the fuck does they think they are ?.

Should be possible to call the police on them here , they just cant withheld your money without proper evidence that anything foul has gone on, i mean they locked 450 euro of mine for nothing, ive slowly been building money up by selling some stuff here and there and now finally decided to withdraw the money to my bank account, but after i did that, BANG !, money withheld.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Well, first off, make sure you are actually dealing with Pay Pal and not some company trying to scam you.

I don't know what you were selling but apparently  they feel it was suspicious.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

What are you talking about? I see nothing in this post that provides any context whatsoever, let alone any reason why any of us should be reading this.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

It's a required check for merchants before they will send the money to you. The obvious reason is, well there's way too many fraudsters out there on the internet and once they send a cheque to a merchant there's no way they can stop it from being encashed. They just want to know if you are exactly who you claim to be. No you can't sue them because it's part of their operating procedure and would you honestly spend $$$$ (hundreds of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees) just try to get your $500 euros ? I know you maybe angry at the extra procedure but it's all part of the security feature in paypal.

• DrumwizDrumwiz Member Posts: 217

OMG I have been to hell and back with Pay[not your]Pal. They are 100% crooks. They had a class action lawsuit against them a few years ago, but now its over and they are still scamming people from their own money.  Long story short with me: I sold a bunch of goods on ebay, i have had my account for years and transferred plenty of money before out of my paypal account. Well, this time I was withdrawing a little more than my usual since I sold things worth more. Next thing I know-they cancel my transfer-slap a restriction on my account and freeze everything. They request all kinds of confidential records to try and lift the damn limited access, i provided evrything I could to them. But it wasn't good enough for them and for some reason they sent me a email saying my account is too risky etc. and they want to part ways, I said fine just give me my remaining balance(which was still a good amount, but still under $1000). BUT they said oh no, we can't release these funds until 6 months because there could be chargebacks up until then(COMplete BULL). I was furious(still am) and wanted to get a lawyer and everything, but i decided to wait the six months. Next month(October)  is when my six months is up-so help me god if they do not give me my remaining funds I WILL put a lawyer on it.

And Paypal isnt really a bank so I think they don't have to comply with laws like that. And there a completely online business so you can't talk to anyone about it face to face. These people are crooks and thiefs!

So welcome to the club my man, this isn't uncommon, in fact you can find A LOT of stuff anti-paypal on google, everyone hates them. Check out www.paypalsucks.com. good luck.

• Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300

guess im lucky then. i received 1300 bucks from someone for a transaction and i tried to xfer it to my bank account, this was at 3 am, and within the hour they freakin reversed the transaction, took the money into a freeze and was "investigating" it. took them a stupid full 10 "calendar days" for whatever reason cause my account had apparently never handled that much money before. least i got it all though.

• flakesflakes Member Posts: 575

This is why i don't use paypal.I refuse to let anyone except my own bank handle my cash.I've got my VISA for paying online games.Awhile back i wanted to resub for lotro wich couldn't because somehow their system didn't take my VISA wich i use for all my online games.They then toldme to either buy a gamecard - wich is more expensive then subbing- or use paypal.I refused to do both and quit playing LOTRO.I don't trust paypal.The chance they fck you is small...but it's still possible and you have no reall "connection" with them when you try to reset what's been wrong.

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

Originally posted by Drumwiz

OMG I have been to hell and back with Pay[not your]Pal. They are 100% crooks. They had a class action lawsuit against them a few years ago, but now its over and they are still scamming people from their own money.  Long story short with me: I sold a bunch of goods on ebay, i have had my account for years and transferred plenty of money before out of my paypal account. Well, this time I was withdrawing a little more than my usual since I sold things worth more. Next thing I know-they cancel my transfer-slap a restriction on my account and freeze everything. They request all kinds of confidential records to try and lift the damn limited access, i provided evrything I could to them. But it wasn't good enough for them and for some reason they sent me a email saying my account is too risky etc. and they want to part ways, I said fine just give me my remaining balance(which was still a good amount, but still under $1000). BUT they said oh no, we can't release these funds until 6 months because there could be chargebacks up until then(COMplete BULL). I was furious(still am) and wanted to get a lawyer and everything, but i decided to wait the six months. Next month(October)  is when my six months is up-so help me god if they do not give me my remaining funds I WILL put a lawyer on it.
    And Paypal isnt really a bank so I think they don't have to comply with laws like that. And there a completely online business so you can't talk to anyone about it face to face. These people are crooks and thiefs!
    So welcome to the club my man, this isn't uncommon, in fact you can find A LOT of stuff anti-paypal on google, everyone hates them. Check out www.paypalsucks.com. good luck.

It is the real paypal im using and thats what happened to me as well , i allready provided them with what they wanted. , but no no thats not enough , give us more of your confidential records.

This is where i pull the plug and say enough is enough, they dont have a right to view my confidential papers, there not even a bank or anything else within  any goverment.

Originally posted by liddokun

It's a required check for merchants before they will send the money to you. The obvious reason is, well there's way too many fraudsters out there on the internet and once they send a cheque to a merchant there's no way they can stop it from being encashed. They just want to know if you are exactly who you claim to be. No you can't sue them because it's part of their operating procedure and would you honestly spend $$$$ (hundreds of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees) just try to get your $500 euros ? I know you maybe angry at the extra procedure but it's all part of the security feature in paypal.

Fraud ? , my paypal account is what, 2 years old, no one ever filed against me and i have like (2x) number after my nick , thats the thing that shows how many verified buyers have bought from you and so forth.

And i allready went through their stinking procedure but no thats not enough for them.

Originally posted by ianubisi

What are you talking about? I see nothing in this post that provides any context whatsoever, let alone any reason why any of us should be reading this.

First off i thought i would share my thoughts and my views on paypal and it provides plenty of context if you would bother to read the entire post instead of just trolling.

Stay on topic.

• NeverasNeveras Member UncommonPosts: 303

Paypals offices are in Nebraska?

At least you better hope they are, because that's where you've been faxing your shit.

I also got a similar letter and it was a scam. I'd tread very carefully.

Originally posted by Neveras

At least you better hope they are, because that's where you've been faxing your shit.

Wasnt a scam , i called them also here like 10 minuttes ago and now i have to fill out aloooooot of things.

God i hate paypal im gonna stop using them.

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Originally posted by kwai

First off i thought i would share my thoughts and my views on paypal and it provides plenty of context if you would bother to read the entire post instead of just trolling.

Stay on topic.

Look at who you are talking to, its going to be a troll post regardless.

Anyways, my dad has had similar issues with paypal for years, over 2 different accounts. Its been so bad before that the PayPal Indians have told him that he is NOT the owner of neither of HIS accounts with HIS name on it, and they locked access to both. He had to contact ebay and a trusted seller he always delt with to prove to PayPal he is the owner.

The problem with PayPal is its 95% automated, 5% physically monitored and checked, so those dumbfucks have basically no clue whats going on other than what a computer tells them, so when you talk to those damn Indians on the phone they are beyond clueless. Basically im telling you there is little hope for you.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

Originally posted by Spathotan

Stay on topic.

Look at who you are talking to, its going to be a troll post regardless.

Anyways, my dad has had similar issues with paypal for years, over 2 different accounts. Its been so bad before that the PayPal Indians have told him that he is NOT the owner of neither of HIS accounts with HIS name on it, and they locked access to both. He had to contact ebay and a trusted seller he always delt with to prove to PayPal he is the owner.

The problem with PayPal is its 95% automated, 5% physically monitored and checked, so those dumbfucks have basically no clue whats going on other than what a computer tells them, so when you talk to those damn Indians on the phone they are beyond clueless. Basically im telling you there is little hope for you.

Oh my , yea i kinda had that impression when i called them in the US , and im sitting in Denmark,  but then again the Agent i talked to didnt sound all the stupid , but i hope they will resolve it , else im like 450 € euro down.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Neveras Paypals offices are in Nebraska?

Wasnt a scam , i called them also here like 10 minuttes ago and now i have to fill out aloooooot of things.

It could be that you got involved by a third party (the buyer/seller did something illegal & you happen to shop from/sell to him by no fault of your own) in regards to money laundry /stolen credit card or it could be just a random review.

Its a hassle & alot of papperwork now, but you will be happy they do this incase someone ever gets ahold of your paypal account information & starts pumping money away or starts selling/buying junk.

(As someone said there are "phishing" e-mails that ask you to confirm account information but they are not sent from paypal but the message itself looks like it is).

• DrumwizDrumwiz Member Posts: 217

I swear, Im ready to march down to their damn office in San jose. These people are jokers who need to be shut down. They just freeze millions of accounts, tell people it will be X number of days until they get their funds, take the funds put it in some huge interest account and profit all day long. and in the meantime they make you jump through hoops by making you fax confidential records which will probably be intercepted by crackers since everyone knows paypal does this crap.

• KrileonKrileon Member Posts: 314

I don't see what your guys problems are.. i've had paypal for over 3 years now and never had a problem.

Did you go through the full verification process? Enter SSN and link them to your bank account? My funds are transfered INSTANTLY. I have it set to never even stay in paypal unless the amount is less then 50 bucks. It then transfers automaticly. I've never had issues.

Also if you login you can re-verify your e-mail. I do this once a month to help confirm my identity a bit more. E-mail isn't very reliable, but it at least tells the system you're active.

If you've got an account that has been in-active for half a year then suddenly 400 bucks dumped on it... it'd be suspicious too. They're just trying to protect you... it's like getting your ID. Yes it's a pain in the ass, but it helps protect you and everyone else. If people would look a little closer and just realise that they are doing what is best for your interests.

Just because a few people want less security doesn't mean it should happen. That's a bad thing especially when dealing with someones money.

If you arn't FULLY verified.. they warn you that you could have issues with transactions and could end up under "Review" for larger transactions. If you read wtf you agree to you'd understand these things. Upgrade your account to a full active account and all issues should go away.

I don't agree with how they are handling it, but come on.. they can't just "Take your word for it" that'd be just silly and irresponsible. You can't file a lawsuit unless they NEVER release you're funds in an appropriate time frame according to proper money transfer regulations (btw they technically are a bank.. they can store money.. you can pay with it.. you can deposite checks to it.. you can even get a credit card.. so.. yes they are becoming more of a bank.. lets not live in the past mkay?). A lawsuit for unlocking funds to a fraudulant person would be MUCH MUCH more devistating (thousands and thousands of dollars) compared to a lawsuit claims filed for inproper handling of funds, which would just have your money returned to you with MAYBE  10% on top of it for greivences (if you sued for that). Add in lawyer fees and ask your self.. was it worth it? No.. not unless you are a lawyer and are representing your self. Even if that was the case.. you'd have to pay court fees.. unless you sued for them to pay court fees as well.. Most likely the case would be dismissed and paypal would settle it outside of court and save everyone the trouble.

Anyway.. good luck.. hope ya get yer cash.

[ Played ] 2Moons, Anarchy Online, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest, Everquest II, Guild Wars, HellGate: London, Lord of the Rings Online, Rappelz, RF Online, Shadowbane, Star Wars Galaxies, Sword of the New World, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Last Chaos

[ Playing ] Everquest II

[ Waiting ] Aion, Age of Conan

Originally posted by JelloB2000

Originally posted by Neveras

It could be that you got involved by a third party (the buyer/seller did something illegal & you happen to shop from/sell to him by no fault of your own) in regards to money laundry /stolen credit card or it could be just a random review.

Its a hassle & alot of papperwork now, but you will be happy they do this incase someone ever gets ahold of your paypal account information & starts pumping money away or starts selling/buying junk.

(As someone said there are "phishing" e-mails that ask you to confirm account information but they are not sent from paypal but the message itself looks like it is).

Well actually its a automated system who randomly harrasses people , since they don't do anything by hand unless someone files a claim against a person.

Originally posted by Krileon

I don't see what your guys problems are.. i've had paypal for over 3 years now and never had a problem.
    Did you go through the full verification process? Enter SSN and link them to your bank account? My funds are transfered INSTANTLY. I have it set to never even stay in paypal unless the amount is less then 50 bucks. It then transfers automaticly. I've never had issues.
    Also if you login you can re-verify your e-mail. I do this once a month to help confirm my identity a bit more. E-mail isn't very reliable, but it at least tells the system you're active.
    If you've got an account that has been in-active for half a year then suddenly 400 bucks dumped on it... it'd be suspicious too. They're just trying to protect you... it's like getting your ID. Yes it's a pain in the ass, but it helps protect you and everyone else. If people would look a little closer and just realise that they are doing what is best for your interests.
    Just because a few people want less security doesn't mean it should happen. That's a bad thing especially when dealing with someones money.
    If you arn't FULLY verified.. they warn you that you could have issues with transactions and could end up under "Review" for larger transactions. If you read wtf you agree to you'd understand these things. Upgrade your account to a full active account and all issues should go away.
    I don't agree with how they are handling it, but come on.. they can't just "Take your word for it" that'd be just silly and irresponsible. You can't file a lawsuit unless they NEVER release you're funds in an appropriate time frame according to proper money transfer regulations (btw they technically are a bank.. they can store money.. you can pay with it.. you can deposite checks to it.. you can even get a credit card.. so.. yes they are becoming more of a bank.. lets not live in the past mkay?). A lawsuit for unlocking funds to a fraudulant person would be MUCH MUCH more devistating (thousands and thousands of dollars) compared to a lawsuit claims filed for inproper handling of funds, which would just have your money returned to you with MAYBE  10% on top of it for greivences (if you sued for that). Add in lawyer fees and ask your self.. was it worth it? No.. not unless you are a lawyer and are representing your self. Even if that was the case.. you'd have to pay court fees.. unless you sued for them to pay court fees as well.. Most likely the case would be dismissed and paypal would settle it outside of court and save everyone the trouble.
    Anyway.. good luck.. hope ya get yer cash.

It's not the verified thing i got caught up in since my account is some 1½ year old , and i have lots of buyer reputation on that specific account for when selling things through the internet , and i've had more than 450 euro on my account before but just not withdrawed them to my bank since i don't wanna pay taxes of them.

I don't ask for less security , but for old members of paypal to get harrassed like that , i mean come on, this verification process , their reviewing system is so slow that it takes months before i get my account re-opened and its not like they pay me any interest of my money since they decided to with-held them from me.