Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there conquest-style, large-scale PvP?

brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

I've been considering getting into Guild Wars, but I'm not really that interested in the arena battle type of combat.  I read something about faction battles and was wondering what that is like.  Is this something similar to the RvR in DAoC?  Any info from players would be great.  Thanks!

Comments

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

Originally posted by brihtwulf

I've been considering getting into Guild Wars, but I'm not really that interested in the arena battle type of combat.  I read something about faction battles and was wondering what that is like.  Is this something similar to the RvR in DAoC?  Any info from players would be great.  Thanks!

Its small scale arena/battleground style combat only.. I thinks is 8v8 max.. but not played in a while so maybe changed. There is no large scale open world siege PVP combat.. all instanced small team based.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Alliance Battles (which are the faction battles you're talking about) are 12v12, which is currently the biggest there is. They're very fun I must add

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Go here if you need any more information:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Alliance_Battle

PS. You need Guild Wars Factions to play Alliance Battles ;)