Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cant unsubscribe!

b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

can someone please hepl me with unsubscribing from Ryzom

its probably just me having a dumb moment, but i cannot find out how for the life of me

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by b0rderline99

its probably just me having a dumb moment, but i cannot find out how for the life of me
    You can't, need to learn to read the EULA/TOS agreements more carefully.  They also have rights to your first born male child as well.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
    Originally posted by Kyleran

You can't, need to learn to read the EULA/TOS agreements more carefully.  They also have rights to your first born male child as well.

damn, i really wanted that child

• CreepShowCreepShow Member Posts: 11

i want my baby back

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• SasiSasi Member Posts: 144
    Originally posted by Kyleran

As far as I'm concerned, my firstborn child can inherit my subscription and keep going. Sorry you decided to leave. :'(

===============================
    Sasi
    Guild Leader of Pegasus Foundation
    in Ryzom

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I wanted to try and play the game...but , if they have problems with canceling accounts....

forget it

• spritehspriteh Member Posts: 10

There's no problems with the acct cancellation procedure, even I managed to do it - some people just can't manage to find the button and don't read forums to find out how to...

---
    "the" (ex-)spriteh

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I couldn't find the WoW unsubscribe button...cuz it was text not a button ><

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by spriteh

There's no problems with the acct cancellation procedure, even I managed to do it - some people just can't manage to find the button and don't read forums to find out how to...

Hopefully. Because i was considering subbing to the game...

but this post put me off

• RadavRadav Member Posts: 102

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by spriteh

Hopefully. Because i was considering subbing to the game...

but this post put me off

well you're probably missing on a good game, and its free to play (up to level 21), the community is great, skill based, crafted gears, friendly GM....

if thats put you off , try final fantasy 11 , thats even worse

• frkhot97frkhot97 Member Posts: 393

Unsubscribing IS confusing now. I was looking for the button when I should have actually read the text and follow the instructions. The info is there and it's easy to unsub!

(I unsubbed a second account a few weeks ago)

Nevrax used to send out a mail a few days before the end of the current subcription (I usually subscribe monthly) which was a nice gesture. Gameforge do not.

• DarkYuboDarkYubo Member Posts: 30

GameForge also decided, in their infinite wisdom, that a separate password for account management was not needed. So if you do 'lend' someone your account they get access to the ability to change your account information.

• KyernaKyerna Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by DarkYubo

GameForge also decided, in their infinite wisdom, that a separate password for account management was not needed. So if you do 'lend' someone your account they get access to the ability to change your account information.

Why would they? Account sharing is illegal, you're responsible for your own actions in breaking the EULA and misplacing trust in others.

• frkhot97frkhot97 Member Posts: 393

I agree with Kyerna on this, the old separate passwords for playing and payment was too confusing.

• DarkYuboDarkYubo Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by frkhot97

I agree with Kyerna on this, the old separate passwords for playing and payment was too confusing.

Any company that has multiple games usually has an account system separate from the game login system. That way you do not have to go to multiple sites to manage your subs. Plus a separate account login means that you have an extra layer of security. i.e. If you do 'get hacked' for your game login then you will not have your main account vulnerable.

• DeltorDeltor Member Posts: 47

The Dark yubo raises its head once more! The runt of the pack, the black sheep.

"Lending" of your account in any shape or form is illegal, no matter the reasons. "Hacked" mmo accounts really aren't hacked either -- phised by keyloggers, simple guess-work, or sharing accounts. I remember quite a few players get in trouble for account sharing. Souls banned a lot. But no matter the reason, a solid password unshared keep you 99.99% safe from the world.

----
    Games Tried: TCOS, 12sky, 12Sky2, Rappelz, LoA, GO, HO, GMU, Warrock, TR, PWI, SotNW:GE, PotC, EVE, MxO, PotBS, KO, HO, 9Dragons, LotRO, DDO, L2, Maplestory, Second Life, CoX, GW, EQ2, Ryzom, WoW, Planetside, SWG, FE, Aion, Allods, CO, etc

• Document1Document1 Member Posts: 50

OMG if you are who i think you are, i know why u are so upset with acountsharing and no more save password..... muhahaha, sounds like they did one thing right at GF

---------
    Priston Tale - Rose Online - Knight Online - The Saga of Ryzom - EVE Online and a dozen of others

• kay226kay226 Member Posts: 17

Now why on earth would a player ask about unsubscribing on this site instead of the Ryzom site? , they have very good forums there with detailed information about unsubscribing....or you could also just log in the game and ask (there is a universal channel for that) and either players or a CSR will answer.

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

Originally posted by kay226

Now why on earth would a player ask about unsubscribing on this site instead of the Ryzom site? , they have very good forums there with detailed information about unsubscribing....or you could also just log in the game and ask (there is a universal channel for that) and either players or a CSR will answer.

And WHY in all creation would somone resurrect this rather old thread with a flame like that, when all Problems are solved allready and we´ve had absolutely NO problem with him asking here?

We´re Players too, y´know.  And this forum is pretty good too

CU

MaDSaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?
  • kay226kay226 Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by MaDSaM

Originally posted by kay226

And WHY in all creation would somone resurrect this rather old thread with a flame like that, when all Problems are solved allready and we´ve had absolutely NO problem with him asking here?

We´re Players too, y´know.  And this forum is pretty good too

CU

MaDSaM

What flame? i read my post couple times again and i cant see no flame....your post is much more like flaming than  mine dont you think?

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

*sigh*

Okay... Well... Large Letters and stuff may have led me to belive to see a faint trace of smoke rising there.

Flame or no Flame, whatever...

The Problem´s solved, so that´s it.

Let´s keep it that way and don´t prolong a useless argument here

CU

MaDSaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?