Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UO2 and UXO

BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Anyone else remember these? I do miss them...

thanks to ungcc for posting these a while back- http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/117756/page/3

UO2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWumht6AuZo

UXO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxtUvETSxLg

What's funny, maybe it's just these videos, but I think UO2 looks better and more interesting lol. And UO2 was before UXO.

But hey, at least we have the Kingdom Reborn.... *cough*

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Imo, its just sad how much money and effort has gone to waste in those two canceled projects.

• AlchemdaAlchemda Member Posts: 179

For someone who hasn't played UO, at the time, those didn't look like they'd offer much of anything great. During that time I think DAOC, EQ, AO, were doing very well. EA probably didn't see the payoff, now days I'm yearning for something really good so maybe they'll bring it back, probably not, but we can hope.

----------------------
    Played (In order of favorite first to least): DAOC, EQ2, EVE, WOW, Vanguard, AC2, City of __, Guild Wars, LOTRO, EQ, Sword of New World, FFXI, Lineage 2, Second Life, DDO, Anarchy Online, RF Online, Archlord, Uru, Ragnarok Online, Shadowbane, Planetside, Auto Assault, Ryzom, Matrix Online, Horizons, Entropia, Sims, Runescape, Lineage 1, AC1, Dungeon Runners

• OhaanOhaan Member UncommonPosts: 568

Studios have to take a long hard look at the effects of releasing sequels to MMOs that are still running. In a sense they are then competing with themselves.

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

I had really been following and looking forward to UXO for a good long while when it's development was canceled. I still remember the day that the post by it's Executive Producer (or whoever) was put up on the UXO homepage, I was pretty heart-broken. UXO looked like it had alot of potential and would have been a great game, but we will never know. I mean, development was canceled for a reason right? Personally, I don't think it mattered how good the game actually was or wasn't b/c it seems that EA got cold-feet with the releases of WoW and EQ2 looming larger-than-life on the horizon. It really is a shame though, I would've given UXO a shot.

• I was waiting for UXO for a long time, when I got the cancellation news, I was really sad.  It had a very good story background, they introduced all the stories of mobs, and even some races' languages. I thought I would very enjoy this game, but.... sighs.....

• DyraeleDyraele Member UncommonPosts: 200

I also liked the UO2 idea much better. It was different than others out there at the time, if I remember correctly of course. Is that the one you could have a zoo and keep animals in? I forget. I any case, I like the UO2 video better at least. The UOX looks like the same ole same ole.

AKA - Bruxail

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

I always felt it was the best decision. Companies should not be releasing sequels. They should be constantly seeking to make persistent worlds adaptive to current technology.

The entire promise of a community in a persistent world is that it's persistent. Making a sequel simply shatters that perspective. Better to make a new world than to revamp the old in a new title.