Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Said It Would Flop Before It Got Started

Shadow-PhaxShadow-Phax Member UncommonPosts: 11

I hate to say "I told you so"... Well actually I like to be right but not about this. I saw that AA would fail even before the beta test ended. The problem is the game had no single player value and they wanted too much money for online play. The game is fun for a while but gets very repetitive. I could see lots of possibilities with the engine but the developers apparently didn't. The game was nothing but drive and shoot and get a bigger weapon.

Now I just hope they put out the developer's kit and a public server application so Auto Assault can at least live on. It has a lot of potential for other games to be based on it like racing games, demolition derby games or whatever. Just look at games like Quake 1 and Half Life. People are still playing those games online. I know they're not MMORPGs but they are action games like AA.

Now I think even if they don't release a public server application, hackers will develop one.

Shadow-Phax

Comments

• bufmufrbufmufr Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Shadow-Phax

I hate to say "I told you so"... Well actually I like to be right but not about this. I saw that AA would fail even before the beta test ended. The problem is the game had no single player value and they wanted too much money for online play. The game is fun for a while but gets very repetitive. I could see lots of possibilities with the engine but the developers apparently didn't. The game was nothing but drive and shoot and get a bigger weapon.

Now I just hope they put out the developer's kit and a public server application so Auto Assault can at least live on. It has a lot of potential for other games to be based on it like racing games, demolition derby games or whatever. Just look at games like Quake 1 and Half Life. People are still playing those games online. I know they're not MMORPGs but they are action games like AA.

Now I think even if they don't release a public server application, hackers will develop one.

Shadow-Phax

Who are/were you?

And more importantly, why should we care?

You post a none-useful post about a game you probably only "Trialed".

For the love of god, can we please get some intelligent posts that don't include...

"I told you so"

"I played this game in beta"

"It will be missed"

By players who have probably only played the game for TWO weeks?

PS course..in about two/three weeks...I am sure this thread will be closed..Doh!

• KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 197
    Originally posted by SolarTiger

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6162/obviousvq3.jpg

Agreed. I think he should call Psychic Hotline and ask if they are hiring... But, since he is a psychic, he would already know the answer.

Anatomy of a Fanboi

This is you.

• Shadow-PhaxShadow-Phax Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by bufmufr

Shadow-Phax

Who are/were you?

And more importantly, why should we care?

You post a none-useful post about a game you probably only "Trialed".

For the love of god, can we please get some intelligent posts that don't include...

"I told you so"

"I played this game in beta"

"It will be missed"

By players who have probably only played the game for TWO weeks?

PS course..in about two/three weeks...I am sure this thread will be closed..Doh!

Look. I would have paid to play the game but it wasn't worth what they were asking. And yes I told them so on their board before the beta testing ended. I told them them the game would flop and it did. If you don't care what I say and it doesn't matter then shut up and don't reply.

Shadow-Phax

Originally posted by Kasimir

Originally posted by SolarTiger

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6162/obviousvq3.jpg

Agreed. I think he should call Psychic Hotline and ask if they are hiring... But, since he is a psychic, he would already know the answer.

Look I know it's a bit late but I hadn't paid any attention to AA for months. Then when I do, I found out it did indeed flop. So if it's stating the obvious then so be it...

Shadow-Phax

• MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296

Shadow-Phax

one word for you : Failed

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Er i see no evidence of you sayingit before it started.4 posts easy to check

Originally posted by hercules

Er i see no evidence of you sayingit before it started.4 posts easy to check

Oh you won't find it in here.  You'll find it on Gamespot's forum for Auto Assualt. You may also find it on the official AA forum too. I'm pretty sure I said it on both of them. However they might have deleted it with my account at the official site. So just check on the Gamespot forum under the name Shadow-Phax. However the Gamespot doesn't keep posts around for long as I see.

Any way, I wasn't alone in saying this. It was not hard to foresee the fate of AA. Many of the people who played with me said it would flop because it got boring. Anyway it doesn't matter if you believe me or not. Who are you? Nobody...

Shadow-Phax

• EstrusEstrus Member Posts: 357

grats!1!! OMG ur so kewl!

I'd give you a cookie but I ate them.

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 357

Mmmm did someone say cookies? 

See, I told you they'd be eaten before the pack was open... more astounding premonitions from the MMORPG forums...

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007

I hate to say "I told you so," but I knew there would be at least one self-important cockbite crowing about how he "knew" this game would  be closed down because it just didn't live up to his standards.

• muaddib101muaddib101 Member Posts: 47

I hate to say I told you so, but....YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN I HELL!!!!!

• ExmondExmond Member Posts: 33

Original POst has..

5 posts...

mmmkay?

• SythlinSythlin Member Posts: 6

I hate to see this game go down, the game was very fun to play, great graphics and particles effects. Now personally I don't usually say if I MMO will go down or not until I give it a valid try and then compare it to other things on the market. I think AA was one of those games that if more people started playing it would still be a live right now. Just like AC2, it was a good game, just not enough people playing it, that either might be due to advertising/ marketing for the game when it is released.

To all the people that worked on AA, Good Job and keep things rolling. Something like this you should only learn from.

Syth

• AlchemdaAlchemda Member Posts: 179

Would you like a cookie for your 1337 fortune telling skillz?

----------------------
    Played (In order of favorite first to least): DAOC, EQ2, EVE, WOW, Vanguard, AC2, City of __, Guild Wars, LOTRO, EQ, Sword of New World, FFXI, Lineage 2, Second Life, DDO, Anarchy Online, RF Online, Archlord, Uru, Ragnarok Online, Shadowbane, Planetside, Auto Assault, Ryzom, Matrix Online, Horizons, Entropia, Sims, Runescape, Lineage 1, AC1, Dungeon Runners

• JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 283

There is always at least one person that says every mmo will flop

• sinstersinster Member Posts: 118

this thread flops.

Who cares what you think? You're nobody...

John

Originally posted by bonobotheory

I hate to say "I told you so," but I knew there would be at least one self-important cockbite crowing about how he "knew" this game would  be closed down because it just didn't live up to his standards.

What's more pathetic? The "cockbite" ore the jackass who pays attention to him and keeps parroting the same theme of "boy I hate those guys who said they knew"?

Shadow-Phax

Originally posted by JackBauer24

There is always at least one person that says every mmo will flop

There's actually more than one person that says every MMO will flop.

Shadow-Phax