Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MEO delayed until 2005 AND no E3 2004

Comments

• sarnseregsarnsereg Member Posts: 40

i might be the only one. but i'm glad.  as long as the delay means a better game anyways. none of this AC2 <explicit> stuff from M$ to force an early release. so hopefully this will all turn into a good game.  it does interest me and i love middle earth so who knows. its also got a lot of innovative things going on so perhaps they need more developement time to make sure it all works properly.

the only thing that bothers me is that they didn't actually say WHEN in 2005.... so it could be january it coold be december..... 2005 isn't much of a timeline. like first half/seecond half would be a good thing to know.

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574

I think this (and a lot of games) are delaying their release because they know if they don't update their graphics, they'll get slaughtered by Everquest 2.  EQ2 is setting the bar much higher than many of these MMORPG's in development.

Hope MEO can catch up and get up to speed.

• demonlexdemonlex Member Posts: 42

2005....image

• JimmyPageJimmyPage Member Posts: 25
    WTF!!!! That sucks man! What the heck am i suppose to be excited about now, ''World of Warcraft'' or something! crap!

• FhyreEnyceFhyreEnyce Member Posts: 23
    Yup Jimmy, you'll have to find your daily does of excitement either from watching how MEO grows on the main forum board or release agressions on one of the upcoming titles.  I know how ya fell.  You set your excitement meter to respond to the info the devs give and then its crushed by a no show at E3 and a push on release.  It's not so bad, really, in my opinion.  I just hope that with the no show and the push a better game will be released.

If he Fire don't get ya then the Ice will.

Prophetess of Hour of the Gods
    Age of Conan Role Play Guild
    ~Ashaka Shemei

• odinthedemonodinthedemon Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by Billius8
    I think this (and a lot of games) are delaying their release because they know if they don't update their graphics, they'll get slaughtered by Everquest 2. EQ2 is setting the bar much higher than many of these MMORPG's in development.
    Hope MEO can catch up and get up to speed.

I don't mean to hate but are you reffering to the claymation engine of EQ2? Yes the claymation technology in that game is astounding! I havn't seen such intense graphics since Gumbi.

• odinthedemonodinthedemon Member Posts: 200

I think that this is an excellent decision! I don't want to play another half-assed game, and I expect a lot from this one. The world of ME is so huge, and detailed. The only way to recreate it is through time and quality. They should focus on the smallest details, and beef up the graphics to max. Wonder if Peter Jackson will be playing?

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831

Well, once again, I hope they can turn this game into something that can compete with the major MMO's out there.  I like the idea of a longer beta though, only if I can get into it :)

• NilParagonNilParagon Member Posts: 57

It's strange they would have a release date of 2005 and not have anything to market at E3 2004. Most games are announced and have some sort of marketing material two year prior to release.

----------------------------------------
    You get no information from me!!!

• Member Posts: 10

I say it's not a bad thing... At least it won't be released too early and rushed like some other MMORPGs were.  All good things are worth waiting for, right? image

I think it's better late and good then quick and not that good...

Onen i-estel Edain, ù-chebin estel anim

Na-dem pedim ad,

Onen i-estel Edain, ù-chebin estel anim

Na-dem pedim ad,

• conanownsconanowns Member Posts: 114
    I hear an axe a commin...........