Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server merges and the impact on populations

TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Ok, so in the other post I can see that there are a number of posters from this site still playing. Since the server merges this week how do you feel about the pops now and the overall impact on the game? Its been a few evenings for some of you.

I know I have read in dozens of post many people would consider giving it a retry once the merges happen. Has anyone done that, and what do you think? My server should be all merged by the time I get home from work today. (EU)

Again, we have have enough witty haters in other post, try to be objective.   I am the first to point out VG's poor technical state but I think (that means my opinion) the devs have been up front about what they are doing and the state of the game. Things look like they are moving forward in a positive direction.

Comments

• AlennaAlenna Member UncommonPosts: 114

yep say about pvp server

• JourdeluneJourdelune Member Posts: 5

The merge had bring back life to Vanguard.

But IMHO, I had a great fun on the server before the merge.  My guild was almost 5% of population online every nigh since June.  :D  In that regard,  It was a great time to do the high-end quests without having to wait for campers, farmers, griever and so on.

Anyway,  some new changes of paces give some more to do, more time to make it, but more rewarding is it when doing it.

And it's nice to see all the server first Item, Named and so on first completed.

Jourdelune

• ShadowChaserShadowChaser Member UncommonPosts: 25

Before merger - I'd go to the bank and be surprised when I saw the teller.

After merger - I can't see the teller through the bodies :)

Before - Walk into Khal, could hear my own footsteps.

After - Walk into Khal, hear the dings from the half dozen Diplo buffs going off.

Before - Had given up trying to get PUGs;

After - Got invited to a PUG when I wasn't looking.

Before - /WTS sloop - Couldn't find a buyer

After - /WTS sloop - Had to tell half a dozen people it was sold.

Before - CTD whenever I entered N.T.

After - CTD whenever I entered N.T. (Some things haven't changed)

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310

The game seems to be doing well.  I'm having a blast

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304

I stopped playing in May, but recently resubscribed for the server merge, since the low population was my main problem. I play on Sartok (PVP). The populations are good right now, I was able to find groups with little effort. The LFG App is wonderful. There were some random ganking, but there were plenty of respectable players also. But I would join the other PVE servers if didn't want the hassles. Performance is still a problem and  I have a high-end system, but adjusting the graphic settings a little, I was able to deal with it. But many improvements have been made in performnce since I left. Like not experiencing any CTD, and I did before. The chunking is sill a problem, in some areas it's worse than others. I feel SOE still have plenty on their table to fix and update to keep their base/new players too stick around. Which they look like their comitted to doing. I believe by December this game will be where it needs to be. Now's a good time to check things out if your new, or interested in coming back, but be aware, this is still not a fully polished game.