Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpowerpc.com RIPPED ME OFF HELP!!!

Hey guys, I really need everyones help!!! Cyberpowerpc.com really ripped me off. I payed 200 dollars extra to upgrade from 2 gigabyte of memory to 4. However, when I just got it, theres only 2 gigabyte. I called them and they really didn't believe me and the supervisor hasn't called me back. They made me take pictures because the memory "might of fell in the case" which it didn't. I sent them and waiting for a response. There is a 15% restocking fee, which would cost about 150 dollars plus 109 to ship it back to them. Am I totally screwed if they don't refund the 200 dollars or ship the 2 sticks of memory? 259 dollars lost just to return the item when  I like the computer, they just shorted me what I paid for.....HELP ME with any ideas what I should do

Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Yes you are screwed.  I wish we had a don't shop from these makers sticky topic.  CyberPowerPC would be at the top.  You could try a power of attorney, but the cost you would make wouldn't match the cost of the lawyer.  There are other ways as well like filing complaints to the BBB, and using a collection agency might also work.

• Did you pay with a credit card? If so, call the number on the back of your card and have them hold that order immediately.

You can try the BBB, but honestly all they can do is list a complaint, not get your money back.

• Kzang151Kzang151 Member Posts: 149

I used my debit card, its probably went through. I was hoping maybe I could get my bank to get the money back or something. I'm happy with the computer. I used a 5% coupon off so I only lost 100 dollars if you want to get technical. I could of gotten better graphic cards though for the wasted 200 dollars :(

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Please don't take this wrong but, are you sure you only have 2 GB?  You know that you can have 2 RAM sticks that are 2 GB each?

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I highly remember that same site ripping off another member...but that might have been newegg.  Can't remember.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

I highly remember that same site ripping off another member...but that might have been newegg.  Can't remember.
    not newegg, newegg used to be egghead PC shop which im pretty sure only had an extremely small amount of locations or possible one i was quite young.

But i used to go in their and ive met the owners of newegg.com

I have never heard of newegg "ripping anyone off" they might have made a mistake but their extremely good on customer service i known because ive returned stuff there.

and it was cyberpower and murt i believe.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

It is definately 1 gigabyte, they made me take it off and check. I paid for 4x 1 because 2 of the 2 gigabyte costed more

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

Originally posted by Vampir

not newegg, newegg used to be egghead PC shop which im pretty sure only had an extremely small amount of locations or possible one i was quite young.

I have never heard of newegg "ripping anyone off" they might have made a mistake but their extremely good on customer service i known because ive returned stuff there.

Was their shops called Egghead software? If so then there used to be one like 2.5 miles away from my apartment.. :)

They introduced me to Doom like 13 years ago.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695
    Originally posted by Kzang151

It is definately 1 gigabyte, they made me take it off and check. I paid for 4x 1 because 2 of the 2 gigabyte costed more

Alright.  I guess you are getting ripped then.  Sorry. 8(

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Have you actually checked your packing list to see if you were actually charged for 4GB?

Yes, I was charged 200 dollars extra. I just called back and they are going to ship me my 2 sticks of 1 gigabyte!!!!! One up for the little guy!

• Hades_WarpigHades_Warpig Member Posts: 265

I loved cyberpower pc, they gave me what i wanted and were very helpful to me, The only thing i didnt get from them was the RAM, got 2 gigs for 90$ instead of 200 their RAM prices r the only thing i thought to be unresonable

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by Keebs1984

Originally posted by Vampir

Was their shops called Egghead software? If so then there used to be one like 2.5 miles away from my apartment.. :)

They introduced me to Doom like 13 years ago.

Off San Mateo??????????

Near the zone

about a mile or closer from 1-40?????

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.