Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

winamp question

wyvexwyvex Member UncommonPosts: 346

does downloading winamp put any kind of bad crap on your computer. i got a new comp not long ago and i always used winamp and hated windows media player. so yea. and i dont wanna download anything that might be strange until i know for sure.

Comments

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

Winamp is a big company with a respected name and reputation.

• ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553

Winamp is good, nothing but good

• thepickle5thepickle5 Member Posts: 65

winamp is good. Just to add my 2 cents though is that there is there players, but if you just want winamp, its really your choice. I personally use evil player because its super small CPU usage and simplicity to use.

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Winamp is owned by AOL. I haven't installed it in a while, but I'm sure it probably comes with AOL toolbar or some other AOL junk. Just make sure to uncheck those options when you are installing it. I use Windows Media Player now.

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    Originally posted by -Jaguar-

Winamp is owned by AOL. I haven't installed it in a while, but I'm sure it probably comes with AOL toolbar or some other AOL junk. Just make sure to uncheck those options when you are installing it. I use Windows Media Player now.

DOwnlaod the lite version. And it doesn't come with junk. Also, don't use them fancy skins. They just guzzle CPU speed.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Get Winamp, AC3 filter, FFD show, and Halii Media Splitter.  You should be able to play most files with that if you tamper a little in the winamp settings.  Be careful not to download any codec packs like Community Codec, because it could cause sound problems in games.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Thrift
    Winamp is a big company with a respected name and reputation.

QFT (Lol, my thousand post was "qft" how pathetic)