Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stutter

abistarabistar Member UncommonPosts: 92

Just wanted to know, Is the Stutter still in the game? I played at launch and it was terrible, I wanna try the game again

Comments

• GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657

I have never had a problem with the game stuttering even with my old machine. With my new machine. Athlon 64 Duo core cpu, 2 gigs of DDR2 ram, 8800 gts 640mb DDR3 memory vid card. I definately have no problems.

imageimage

• NewMonsterNewMonster Member Posts: 417

stuttering is usually comes from HDD lagg and system ram.

the more system ram you have the more stable it can be. the more avalibel space in ur HDD the more you wont have the stutter. the more quality HDD you have the more you wont have stutter.

recommend HDD that have atleast 7200rpm with atleast 8mb cache. 2mb cache is poor for gaming. 16mb cache is superb.

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796

No stuttering here.  Every once in a while I get a lag spike or two, but I blame that on my IP. 

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

I noticed a huge difference just upgrading to 2 GB RAM from 1 GB. Also try to keep your hard drive defragmented. Another thing I do is play the game after a "clean boot"... which doesn't just mean a reboot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353/en-us

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

My machine is pretty old and pathetic, I had 1 GB RAM when I played and never had stutter. Once in a while I would get a lag spike, but I don't recall ever being frustrated with it, as it was few and far between.

I didn't care for LOTRO, but the stability and polish I cannot deny. I suggest you defrag, have at least a gig of RAM, and stop any backround programs. The game really was smooth for me, and my rig is sad compared to today's standard. Turbine did a great job as far as accessability.

• iffymackiffymack Member Posts: 376

RAM and HD seem pretty important to keep it running smoothly,Playing on my new shiny harddrive it runs flawlessly,but on my old crappy one it jerks and stutters when loading stuff in or opening vendor panels.

• f1sebf1seb Member UncommonPosts: 194

Stutters consistently on my machine. 2 gig of ram Geforce 7800 256mb GT dual core pentium 2.0ghz

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835
    Originally posted by f1seb

Stutters consistently on my machine. 2 gig of ram Geforce 7800 256mb GT dual core pentium 2.0ghz

Got the latest video drivers? Updated my nvidia the other day and solved all my problems.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• infra172infra172 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Turn down "crowd quality" under advanced graphics. That gets rid of it.

blank

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

No studder here as well! Make sure you turn off Post-Processes in your advanced Graphics tab, that could help you tremendously.