Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamespot slaughters Blue Dragon, IGN somewhat more forgiving

SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Here is the Gamespot review - www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/bluedragon/review.html

Here is the IGN review - xbox360.ign.com/articles/815/815418p1.html

This game is the sole reason the Xbox 360 has sold its paltry 70,000 units in Japan, Japanese style RPG. In America and abroad, it dosent hold the same appeal according to these reviews. Not too keen on trusting reviews, but im sort of shocked IGN gave it a higher score than Gamespot, IGN is usually hypocritical and harsh in every review that isnt a game super-hyped by them.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
— Boba Fett

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Gametrailers was pretty positive about Blue Dragon, but also mentioned that the bad voice acting really hurts the story presentation.

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580

Yeah I was suprised too when I saw Gamespot's review on the game. From the news I had seen about the game before it was released it seemed like a Final Fantasy-style game which is what the 360 needs. I may end up downloading the demo tonight on Xbox Live and see what I think of it.

EDIT: Though a lot don't seem to find Gamespy credible, their review seemed pretty fair of the game. They gave it 4 stars.

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/mistwalker-rpg/813556p1.html

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Well I personally think the problem with Blue Dragon is with the fact that its not a serious RPG. Most people know that the game is created by Hironobu Sakaguchi, the man behind Final Fantasy. Now one of the most important reasons Final Fantasy became so popular was its story telling. in fact, Sakaguchi once said: "I don't think I have what it takes to make a good action game.I think I'm better at telling a Story." Final Fantasy games often had deep, emotional stories. But the problem is that Blue Dragon has more of a "Kiddy" look. and thus it lacks Sakaguchi's best skill: Story telling.