Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What A Turn Around!!!

deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112

I stopped playing maplestory about 6 or 7 months ago, finding that the harrassment and hackers was completely out of control and i stated "this game is going downhill and fast". Well maplestory recently did a massive update and there are VERY FEW hackers from what I have seen (little to none) and I was playing for a total of about 9 hours yesterday and was not harrassed once!! which is a massive improvement compared to what the community used to be which was a hacker on nearly every channel and being harrassed atleast once every 2 hours or so for asking for help or just stating a fact. Nexon im  guessing recent cracked down on the harrassment and hacking because when i was playing most people either ignored me or was friendly, which is good compared to how this game used to be which was where everyone would call u a noob or would threaten to report u for hacking if you didn't leave an area because it was "their" area. I have to say nexon really brought this game around... But there's still a grind but every mmo has a grind at some point lol its just a matter of finding some find in slaughtering everything in sight lol

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comments

• Borme23Borme23 Member Posts: 8

I Agree. They have completely turned it around! The game-play is much smother. They've added quite a few more quests and It's Very easy to understand . And there isn't hundreds  hacker everywhere....

• deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112

thats true, the hacker problem has completely gone away and they have turned this game around a good bit... but unfortunately there is still a serious grind and the items you buy in the cash shop only last 1 month before you have to buy them again... so its pretty much like paying a monthly fee for items... I still suggest the people who play this game to try FLYFF its pretty much just like maplestory except 3D and there is a grind but not until around lvl 40 and still then its not so bad.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

• Borme23Borme23 Member Posts: 8

<<<< Never played FLYFF Is it any better?  I haven't done the cash shop yet so that isn't a huge thing for me....

Flyff is pretty amazeing they have 4 different classes in the game Acrobat, Magician, Assist, Merc. The stat and skill system is exactly like maplestory. Except instead of 5 points for each lvl you only get 2 but each point has more of a drastic effect on your character then maplestory does. Also in flyff the skill points you get each lvl are more evened out like magicians have more skill points then mercs because magicians have more skills then mercs do. Although there's only 2 job advancements, flyff has far better pvp and has open pvp events every saturday.

(\_/)
    (O.o)

• Now if just the grind wasn't so freaking boring.. right?

Yea the grind on this game is rediculously bad. I got up to about lvl 24 then just got tired of it and quit. I'm mostly playing flyff which my character is up to lvl 43 and i've only been working on that character for about 2 weeks... so yea flyff there is a slight grind around lvl 40 but its not nearly as bad as maplestory.

(\_/)
    (O.o)

• daynauthXdaynauthX Member Posts: 6

most cash shop items actually last for 90 days rather a month.

Still... On Flyff when you buy a cash shop item its perm. and it doesn't only last for a while. Your still paying money to be allowed to use them items... It's pretty much a monthly fee to be able to look cool, and a lot of players in the game will treat you like crap if you don't look cool. The only thing that lasts forever in this game is when you have a hair cut, and still you have to pay quite some bit of money to get the one that isn't completely random and could make you look like a total retard and pretty much have you flush money down the crapper.

(\_/)
    (O.o)

• FahrenheitTHFahrenheitTH Member Posts: 130

Originally posted by deadsun7

Still... On Flyff when you buy a cash shop item its perm. and it doesn't only last for a while. Your still paying money to be allowed to use them items... It's pretty much a monthly fee to be able to look cool, and a lot of players in the game will treat you like crap if you don't look cool. The only thing that lasts forever in this game is when you have a hair cut, and still you have to pay quite some bit of money to get the one that isn't completely random and could make you look like a total retard and pretty much have you flush money down the crapper.

The only thing that keeps me from buying cash shop items for Flyff are the prices, they're just too damn ridiculous, $30 for a pet that does nothing but follow you around, and pick up drops? And, they're in the cash shop for only 7 days, barely gives peoples time to save up.

Lets talk about the 2 games now: I played Flyff, I hae a level 71 Billposter, and a level 63 Blade, and a level 55 Yocro, and well, I sort of quit for now, it gets boring, I grinded all the way the 71,63,55 and many others, it was fun though, what Flyff needs is some polishing up, and the time for the guild siege only favors American users, European users, forget it, or stay up to 1AM.

Now I'm playing Maple, the hacking problem has moved to EMS, which is getting worse by the hour, it gets fun when you have a few friends around, the community seems nicer here, they just have to update the game a bit, and eliminate the hackers. I like Maple, 2D graphics are rich, and the characters are cute.

Well the thing about Flyff being more inclided towards US players is correct. This is mostly because the game was created in the United States and that is where the Company who maintains and runs the servers for the game is based. Gpotato doesn't release games make for other countries. Just as maplestory is more inclined toward asain users considering the asain versions of this game have released the 4th job adv. and the US version has yet to see anything even related to it. Also there are far more cities that were released in the asain versions on this game. MANY games do this simply because the company that runs the game is more inclined to be more favorable towards people in their own country or nationality or race in general. Many games should just be programmed and just have different languages the game can run in ect. ect. Then release everything at once. Flyff should hold more guild seige events and such, but Gpotato isn't really the type to do something like that. Also I too believe the equips and such are far to expensive... Most people who buy items only buy Spros Gpros, or suits. I don't see very many pets being used and i don't believe they are worth buying.

(\_/)
    (O.o)

• TeknickalityTeknickality Member Posts: 4

the flyff site is all in chinesee i cant see where to sign up at lol