Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tabula Rasa: Meet Lord British!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

It appears that the legendary "Lord British" is going to be making a tour of sorts in the Austin, Texas area this month.  NCSoft has informed us of the following event that will be held at the "Game Fellas" there:

Join Richard Garriott - aka "Lord British", father of the fantasy video game industry (Ultima series, Origin Systems and NCsoft) , for a special in-store appearance at Game Fellas new location 3601 W. William Cannon #275 @ Brodie Lane on Saturday, July 10th from 12noon-2pm.

Giveaways, prizes and the first public sneak peek at Richard's latest futuristic adventure game "Tabula Rasa."

Where: Game Fellas - 3601 W. Wm Cannon #275 Austin, Texas 78749 ph: 327-GAME

When: Saturday, July 10th 12:00noon - 2:00pm Presentation will be towards the beginning followed by meet/greet, photo opportunities and 1 on 1 time with Lord British. Giveaways, prizes and in-store specials.

And then another event will be held at "Lan's Edge" later the same day:

NCsoft Gaming Day - LAN's Edge Gaming Center. Northcross Mall. Saturday, July 10th. Noon - 8pm.

Pizza, Prizes, Free Game Play and a Presentation by Austin's own...

Richard "father of the video game generation" Garriott on the gaming industry and his new futuristic adventure game Tabula Rasa.

Plus enjoy free gaming with NC Soft?s exciting new titles City of Heroes and Lineage II all day. (regular LAN's Edge computer rental time applies) or BYOC (bring your own computer) for reduced rates.

Where:  LAN's Edge - Northcross Mall. 2525 W. Anderson Ln. Austin, TX 78757 ph: (512) 275-0761

When:  Saturday, July 10th. 12-8pm

• 12pm 8pm gamers arrive/byoc setup
  • 1pm Open gaming available
  • 1:30 City of Heroes/Lineage 2 Presentations
  • 2:00 Free play/ informal questions with NC Soft Q/A staff
  • 4:30 Richard Garriott presentation
  • 5:00 Meet/Greet/ autographs/photos with Richard Garriott
  • 5:30 Open gaming
  • 6:00 Wrap Up - Pizza and Door Prizes
  • 8:00 Last gamer out the door -

This might just be a rare chance to meet the man himself!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• MorosMoros Member Posts: 24
    I love living in Austin.  :)

Thank you for the news.  I think i may just go.  :P

Geras

Geras

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Nice!  Take pictures and send them to us - we can post them image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Will do!  :)

Geras

Geras

• Goober2k3Goober2k3 Member Posts: 76
    I just may go aswell, but, is there any reservations needed to be made? I dont feel like driving 2 hours to get there and there is no where to game :)

Rage/Enos

Rage/Enos

Judging by the locations, i don't think RSVP's are going to be needed... I hope not at least.

G

Geras

Geras

• Goober2k3Goober2k3 Member Posts: 76

I checked both the websites and I am happy to so no reservations are needed but, City of Heroes and Lineage II free plays are limited to 30 minutes a user. So I can expect everyone will get a turn.

If your going details on the locations can be found at GameFella's (http://www.gamefellas.com) and Lan's Edge (lansedge.com)

Hope to see ya there!

Rage/Enos

Rage/Enos