Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Elf = Pet Class?....Dark Elf = Tech Class?

Just speculating on the possible remaining Professions for DE / HE. Because...

*Destruction Army has a pet class (Squig Herder) Orcs* 

*Order Army  has a Tech Class (Engineer) Dwarves*

I kinda think as far as balance issues go maybe we could see.....

*Destruction Army will get a Tech Class (Dark Elf)

*Order Army will get a Pet Class (High Elf)

JUST MY GUESS

Comments

• kraidenkraiden Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 638

Elves will get a pet class, but a :"tech" class isnt a necessity. it wouldnt fit the ethos of the dark elves either.

Why are we even speculating what the next dark elf class will be after paul already said Corssairs were going to be in the game and they already have the witch elf and black guard available? The 4th druchii class will be some sort of healer. It would make too much sense to make it a melee/healer since destruction lacks a healer/melee hybrid and lacks a class that uses chants. Order has 2 chant classes so far and Destruction has 0. So I would look for a dark elven melee healer that uses chants to balance things out.

• TambourineTambourine Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by kraiden

Elves will get a pet class, but a :"tech" class isnt a necessity. it wouldnt fit the ethos of the dark elves either.
    Why are we even speculating what the next dark elf class will be after paul already said Corssairs were going to be in the game and they already have the witch elf and black guard available? The 4th druchii class will be some sort of healer. It would make too much sense to make it a melee/healer since destruction lacks a healer/melee hybrid and lacks a class that uses chants. Order has 2 chant classes so far and Destruction has 0. So I would look for a dark elven melee healer that uses chants to balance things out.

Badass deduction there.

• judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419

Perhaps is a bit offtopic here but I will try to explain it anyway.

And why are the classes must be ver "d&d" tasting?

Why is always a ranged dd, mele dd, tanker etc... why is nothing new? perhaps, you can see, that in cox: blaster is a dd, no mater if you wanna melee, it can, brutes can tank, and do damage... perhaps not all the clases are original, so I found here the tanks are... more of the same as the name itself says. But, if you take a look to gw too, you can see that warriors can do as dd and tank cause their armor etc... think it must not be standarized in everygame, NEW things, we need new things in mmorpg market, no more of the same with diferent name...

• ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553

Possible they could turn sorceress into melee/healer , since sorceress do use Halberds , could be a slight twist on the lore kind of like how they turned the DPS class Swordmaster into the tank.

• dolearondolearon Member Posts: 89

Ok first the4th Dark Elf class will be a sorrcerer I belive there is an artical posted somewhere on this forum explaining outrage on how sorrcerers can be male and not female only in WAR. the Healer for the Dark Elves is the Witch Elf read there fluff it makes semi-perfect sense why they are a rapid attack melee/defensive caster class with there almost no armor, twin blade style, and being pretty much the preists of Kain(evil dark elf god o murder). the only flaw with sorrcerers being trhe melee DPS healer is well sorrcerers hurl painful spell death at things they dont take care of the wounded... inless you mean ending there life of course. so IMO yes the Dark Elves will have a destruction melee/healer but it wont be the sorrcerer it will be the witch elf, Black guard tanks, Corsair Dishes out the damage.

Originally posted by ImixZinz

Possible they could turn sorceress into melee/healer , since sorceress do use Halberds , could be a slight twist on the lore kind of like how they turned the DPS class Swordmaster into the tank.

2handed unite deal damage per hit not damage per sec so it wouldnt be "dps"

Its a "DPS class" whatever that mean, its a primary tank. as is the class type mythic used in daoc.

In lore they wear armor so why would it be a slight twist to make them a tank? They are front line armored combatants. Sword master wont be a total meatshield like say a black ork but a black ork wont have the offense (at first) that a sword master will obviously have.  Think of Black ork as the midgard warrior and compare it to an Large weapon spec Hero from hibernia. The classes are both "tanks" but they didnt play alike at all other than being front line combatants. Chaos chosen will play like a champion , Marauders will play like savage. and witch elves will play like "shadowzerkers"

• DayagotalisDayagotalis Member Posts: 1

Order has 2 chant classes so far and Destruction has 0. So I would look for a dark elven melee healer that uses chants to balance things out.

I really don't know the lingo from game to game (only played WoW and GW), so I'm wondering just what is a chant class? I'm guessing it's a caster class with crowd control (mez). Whether I'm right or wrong, to which Order classes do you refer?

At the moment, I'm leaning towards a gobo shaman. However, if a dark elf healer with crowd control shows up I might have to roll my first elf ever.

Originally posted by Dayagotalis

Order has 2 chant classes so far and Destruction has 0. So I would look for a dark elven melee healer that uses chants to balance things out.

I really don't know the lingo from game to game (only played WoW and GW), so I'm wondering just what is a chant class? I'm guessing it's a caster class with crowd control (mez). Whether I'm right or wrong, to which Order classes do you refer?

At the moment, I'm leaning towards a gobo shaman. However, if a dark elf healer with crowd control shows up I might have to roll my first elf ever.

oh my poor child I will guide you. Seems like more than half of the mmo community is new and their first games were ff7/warcraft3/wow

so a chant class is not a caster. it is like its name implies a class that uses chants. Imagine a bard singing. its effect is group based and they can sing 1 song over and over (chant) In daoc you had classes that used chants some were casters but most  were melee and support.  To put it in wow terms, think of windfury totem only carried around on the caster. So classes like the knight of the blazing sun will be primarily a melee class and wear armor and use a sword and shield, but will be able to give "commands" to teammates and offer them aid. so just think umm... a protection warrior that uses shaman totems? The warrior priest will also have "auras" which are chants. a radius group buff. Which is why the warrior priest is more suited to be a front line combatant than cowering in the back casting heals. you need to be able to give your auras to the other front line fighters.

Check out the daoc website and look at skald, warden, paladin, bard and minstrel for a view of the effect of chant style spells.

• ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553

Originally posted by ImixZinz

2handed unite deal damage per hit not damage per sec so it wouldnt be "dps"

Its a "DPS class" whatever that mean, its a primary tank. as is the class type mythic used in daoc.

In lore they wear armor so why would it be a slight twist to make them a tank? They are front line armored combatants. Sword master wont be a total meatshield like say a black ork but a black ork wont have the offense (at first) that a sword master will obviously have.  Think of Black ork as the midgard warrior and compare it to an Large weapon spec Hero from hibernia. The classes are both "tanks" but they didnt play alike at all other than being front line combatants. Chaos chosen will play like a champion , Marauders will play like savage. and witch elves will play like "shadowzerkers"

DPS is a general term for the amount of damage a class can do broken down into seconds, not the type of damage they do, slow hits or fast hits are irrelevent.

Swordmaster in tabletop was HARDLY considered a "tanking" unit in any way, they were ment to deal high damage but often died before they could do anything because of using 2 handed and not getting first attack, dying so quickly is evidence enough they weren't meant to take damage. I don't have any issue with this i was merely using it as an example of how they can change things to make them "work" , like i said for the Sorceress.

DPS and deal damage arent the same thing.

DPS is just damage per sec on a scale.

In daoc people who used big 2handed weapons wouldnt say "im trying to dps you in the face" they would just be dealing damage. The first attack is always free so 2handed weapons alow you to frontload damage and then deal damage per hit in large chunks. 

"im a dps'er" isnt a word, its a rating. Please let phrases like this die in wow where they belong.

Mythics version of "tank" and your version of "tank" may vary. in daoc the savage was about as brittle as a caster in some situations. They had no shield, low parry and didnt gain stamina as they leveled up so they would have caster HP. they even had to use % of their HP to add to their defense and offense so they always had less hp, and oh they used leather armor. They were consitered a light tank class. tank just goes for front line melee and no magical abilities as far as I see it. Thats what sword masters are in TT and also are in WAR.

just my opinion.

• skitzo626skitzo626 Member Posts: 42

Corssairs will be in the game yes, but aren't confirmed as a playable class. The Dark Elves have a melee dps and a tank class. So that leaves a healer/hybrid and a range dps class. Yes in the TT Corssairs used crossbows but why wouldn't they pick the "true" range class for the DEs, the Shade, afterall Corssairs would've filled the melee dps role. The only class im sure will be playable is the Sorceress filling in the ranged dps or maybe the healer hybrid role. In a perfect world id like the Sorceress and Beastmaster filling in the healer/hybrid role.

• -Osiris--Osiris- Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Dayagotalis

since u played GW, i think kraiden means a class like the paragon or the warrior's shouts, they effect all their targets in it's range, the only difference with the warrior's shouts is that the "chant" loses it's function when the target moves out of it's range (the warrior's shouts apply to any target in the range and keep working even if your out of the shout range)

• eumenidexeumenidex Member Posts: 170

Nothing says they have to follow the cookie cutter Tank-Melee-Ranged-Healer model for every race. Granted, they probably will...but it isn't a sure thing. I'm not familiar with the Dark elf lore or IP, but they hardly seem like the kind of race that is going to "have healers".

From the description, the engineer would hardly classify as a ranged class anyway....as i recall thier attacks becoming stronger as they got closer to thier target. Same is likely true of the squig herder....Ala, "Let me get inside my squig and roll around!." Just because a class is ranged capable, doesn't mean the actual playstyle will reflect that.

Corsairs could very well be the same....a ranged capable class the prefers to fight up close and personal.

Then again...i'm still hopeful that Corsairs are the "chant" class. The musical-pirate class that i've always dreamed of, but that would realy be a mutilation of the IP 

Maybe i'm not so crazy....Gimme a Singing Pirate Class! 

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

DPS and deal damage arent the same thing.

DPS is just damage per sec on a scale.

Go watch this month's podcast. You are wrong, sir. As one can see, DPS is now used as both adjective and noun. And this is coming straight from EA Mythic.

Tank

Melee DPS

Ranged DPS

Healer

This is how they listed their archetypes.

• Darkz0rDarkz0r Member Posts: 78

Yeah, but if you *think* about it they are 'wrong'.

'Cause dps is dmg per sec.

Sooo...it would be way more appropriate for them to just say "ranged damage dealer" and "melee damage dealer".

I bet they are using the 'dps' word only because its not 'popular' among MMOs and every casual family guy that plays WoW kinda know what it means. But in the end, theres no 'dps' classes, theres damage dealing classes. Dps is just a way of MEASURING IT. If a class dealt damage only in second INTERVALS, then yeah, its a dps class in MY book.

But anyway,thats so circunstancial...